Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 6:28 PM
Ways to make money from children?
As the title says - what are possible ways to make money from children in The Sims 4? When I say "children" I also include babies and toddlers, and possibly teenagers (but I guess teens can get jobs so that's a relatively easy one). Basically, to put it bluntly, how can a sim profit from their offspring? Tasks or skills they can do? Any mods that provide further options? Doing my own version of a 100 baby challenge and want to be able to get some money from all of my spawn instead of them just being a drain on my resources. No need to take any ethics into consideration, I'd literally be willing to sell my babies (assuming they aren't just deleted from the game but rather just move elsewhere, you get the point) as long as I can make money from them and make this whole thing more efficient instead of the kids just being a chore for me to take care of while being of no use to me :P

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 8:36 PM
Children can draw. You could sell their paintings. Or collectibles they find. You could take pictures of them and sell. Not sure if they can busk for money with the violin, or enter computer games tournaments on PC, I haven't tried that with children.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kithie
... I'd literally be willing to sell my babies (assuming they aren't just deleted from the game but rather just move elsewhere, you get the point) as long as I can make money from them and make this whole thing more efficient instead of the kids just being a chore for me to take care of while being of no use to me :P

If this is how you feel about having kids in your game I have no idea as to why you would want to do a 100 baby challenge?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
If this is how you feel about having kids in your game I have no idea as to why you would want to do a 100 baby challenge?

Because it's a challenge, of course! If I'm having all those kids I might as well profit off them, especially since my breeder won't have much time to work. Almost kinda mixing it with a sort of rags to riches challenge, I guess, so gotta optimize that income!

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 12:16 PM
Try paintings & gardening skills. I think there is a mod for children to garden. Maybe Lil Miss Sam.
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 2:46 PM
Day 1 have your sim collect all the flowers she can find. Plant 1 of each and sell the rest. In two days, she can make ~2000 a day off the flowers alone. Once she gets a teen, they can expand the garden and make bank.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 9:54 AM
You can send your child sims around the neighborhood to collect rocks and hunt for frogs. Also, kids can fish.
You can have them craft seasonal crafts on the art benches, and sell those.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 9:57 AM
Record yourself yelling at them while smashing their game systems, or yelling at them over disappearing ink on the carpet, or just yelling at them for no damn reason. (just kidding. Poor Cody.)