Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 4:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims extracted from game with SimPE look different in Bodyshop
Hi guys, apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I've been having issues with my SimPE/Bodyshop recently. I'm trying to package two sims for download and I'm finding that once I open the extracted sims in Bodyshop, their facial structure is different (all other features including hair/makeup/accessories etc. are the same). I've packaged other sims before and not had a problem with this, I tested another sim that I believe was born/created in game and it doesn't do the same thing, it's just this specific pair.

The sims in question are a Takemizu Village townie that I edited a ton using the Insimenator and married in, and a uni townie who I moved in and edited in the same way (though I'm not totally sure her face is different, it's hard to tell). I'm not 100% if the face shapes are their original ones as it's been a while, and I don't know if they're default faces as I use custom ones. The correct in-game faces show in the SimPE sim surgery section. I think there may be an issue somewhere with the actual sim file as their children had to be edited to look more like them, but of course this could have just been the game being bad at genetics again.

The only times I've messed with their files have been when I used them as archetypes to make sure their children had the correct skintones (which caused different problems with bodyshop), and changing the relationship tags on one of them so a child was a member of their family. Though I don't believe these changes would mess up a sims face in that way. In an attempt to fix these issues I've re-extracted them multiple times, and gone into the game and adjusted their faces to try and to 're-set' the data on their face shapes.

Thanks in advance
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 5:54 AM
I think it is that your resolution between Body Shop and the game are different not your sim.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 9:57 AM
I agree with Jo, the aspect ratio of your pictures are different, could you show images of the bodyshop and the game sims with neutral expressions, and the same aspect ratio?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 2:32 PM
Have you tried comparing the extracted Bodyshop copy to the sim while ingame, to see if there's an actual difference between the sims when they're both "live"?

Bodyshop sims often look different to the ingame sims because of the lighting and neutral face expression, so comparing Bodyshop to ingame will never be particularly accurate. Aspect ratio and animations can also have a lot to say.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 7:38 PM
So I did a bit more testing and packaged the weird sim and reinstalled her from there, she still looked odd in bodyshop but once I make her ingame her face is correct (picture below of incorrect bodyshop face, and same sim in CAS). I did notice that sometimes she shows up as a premade sim rather than a custom (I added an image), her Clean Installer page also only lists her face sculpt and none of her CC, which is odd. I may see if someone else can install her into their game and see if she works, but I worry that she'll be entirely broken and it's just my game somehow working out what she's MEANT to look like :s

All I can tell is that it's definitely not the aspect ratio, other than that I have no ideas
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 8:47 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 1st Oct 2020 at 9:17 PM.
Make absolutely sure you remove/delete the sim file you extracted from SimPE. These files should NOT be loaded into the game (because they contain sim data, could potentially cause neighborhood borkage), and should ONLY be used in Bodyshop for cloning, and you should not package them. Only package sims you've cloned in Bodyshop. Cloned sims will have proper CAS items and everything they need.

If all you see in the Sims2pack file is a line that doesn't look something like "5f3ab12_821c32fd.package" (and CC if included) - then it's NOT a properly cloned sim.

Recap:
-Extract files with SimPE .
-Put in Downloads (or SavedSims)
-Open Bodyshop
-Find sim
-Clone sim
-Package cloned sim (cloned sim will be the first sim in the catalog in Bodyshop).
-Repeat process with all the sims you want to clone/package
-Remove extracted files from Downloads/Savedsims folder
(You'll still have the clones to play around with, no need to install them again - they're the "5f3ab12_821c32fd.package" type files in SavedSims, and you already have the CC somewhere in your Downloads folder. You can figure out which is which by looking at the Sims2pack files if you packaged them. I do recommend to move the files to a folder in Downloads, because SavedSims can occasionally cause crashes and do other weird things if it gets too full. And you can rename them, though I do recommend to keep some of the name if you rename after packaging - with some of mine I've done something like "SimName_00388_5f3ab12_821c32fd.package" where the middle one is the neighborhood sim number, because I extracted a whole heap and was doing it systematically, and also wanted to keep the original extracted file but needed an easy way to spot the difference)
-Go ingame, have fun!

-If you upload, check the Sims2pack file and MAKE SURE it contains the proper files. Check if it's a proper cloned Bodyshop file, of course. And if meshes are there. They don't always add accessory meshes, and occasionally don't add the odd other meshes, either. Defaults don't get added, maybe not repo'd clothes, things like that.