Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 10:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Game and launcher crashes when adding game mods (not cc)
My laptop was at the repairman's and everything was wiped out (including my legacy ) so I re-installed my games and cc. I had no problem with CC but when I add a single up to date safe mods I used for years like Nraas MC and Lighting Tweeks the launcher won't install cc and the game crashes in the start. Any reason for this? I already tested if it's some broken cc or ts4 but it's safe if anyone asks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 4:37 AM
Is it possible that you have accidentally included the MC Progression add-on module without StoryProgression also being present? That will crash the game on startup every time.

If that's not it, can you successfully add any script mods at all, such as the two sample ones provided in the MTS Mods Framework download? And are you clearing the cache files every step of the way?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 1:29 AM
I'm also having this problem, and I've done everything you mentioned to do correctly, but my game still refuses to open with any Script mods, or mods of any kind. I read your response to the thread maker, and I found out I didn't have MC Progression module installed, but when I installed it the problem persisted (in fact with no change whatsoever), I will note that I installed the C/Script utility Mod in the main directory with the two testing mods, plus I have the in-testing version of MC main module.

Check out my Patreon, I feature Artwork and Short Stories and Bio's about my own Personal Multiverse, as well as some CC I'll share for early release (nothing major right now though, Mainly just recategorized Maxis Content).

Become a Patron!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 3:54 PM
From what has been described thus far from both the OP and Godzilla, I can't see any reasons why just having a couple of script mods in place would cause the game to crash provided everything really is set up the way in which it is illustrated on the Framework page. I wasn't recommending the MC Progression module, I was advising against it if the StoryProgression base mod is not also present. Perhaps continue troubleshooting certainly without MC Progression but also without the C# Script utility mod temporarily, just to remove that variable from the mix.

The next thing I would suggest in either case would be a fresh TS3 user game folder -- pull the existing one out or rename it for safekeeping and a new one should spawn to take its place in the same location, which will then need a fresh Mods Framework folder inserted into it. Sometimes user game folders themselves just "go bad" and stop working as intended for some players.