Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 5th May 2022 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
How do you find things?

Windows search using wildcards! So to search for a barrel,*barrel* or *keg*. If that doesn't find it, opening the entire folder recursively in Sims2Pack Clean Installer allows for viewing thumbnails.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 5th May 2022 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
How do you find things?

If someone said they liked some random piece of clutter in a picture of yours, how do you remember what creator made it if it doesn't say on it in game? What if the creator is from another country and their name is in German, Korean or Arabic and no English is on the download itself? I grabbed a few items off an Asian site yesterday, I have no clue who the creator is. Some are just Maxis recolours. Or maybe you only download from large creators with large sets with good tool tips and descriptions. My bug bear right now in trying to put together a pioneer type download folder is many older downloads come with the description of 'bowl of fruit' or whatever description maxis wrote on the original item that the creator cloned and simply left. So its no longer a bowl of fruit but a pot plant or a barrel.

Large sets get their own folder - eg. HW_Bespoke_Build - which means the creator's name is still attached to it, if I have it. Or I just use the site's name:
Site name_Name of Set.
Small stuff, say from an Asian site:
Site name_Asian_Hair
Site name_Asian_furniture, etc.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 10th May 2022 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
I label my mods by mode. So I have Buy Mode, Build Mode, etc.

There are mods for Buy and Build? I have a number of mod folders, as: Mods Behav(ior), Mods Hood, etc

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 10th May 2022 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
I label my mods by mode. So I have Buy Mode, Build Mode, etc.

I think you mean you label your CC as Buy, Build ext.
The sims 2 is an old game and back when it started mods only meant hacks and not other forms of CC like furniture, hair etc. Newer games tend to call all custom made content mods but we don't.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th May 2022 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Windows search using wildcards! So to search for a barrel,*barrel* or *keg*. If that doesn't find it, opening the entire folder recursively in Sims2Pack Clean Installer allows for viewing thumbnails.

@simsample what I also use as Search wildcard is name:~= (in my case, I have to use "naam" because my OS is Dutch)
Forum Resident
#31 Old 12th May 2022 at 2:42 AM
I use Furniture-NewMeshes, Furniture-MaxisRecolors, and HackedObjects to store my Buy Mode items. I don't tend to have more than 1GB of stuff in my Downloads folder and I rename files so they sort themselves within each folder. I prefer a shallow file structure. Can't stand folders within folders within folders with only a few items in each. Would rather scroll through a hundred or more files within one folder to look for a specific .package.
Page 2 of 2