Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2022 at 8:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Stuck in forever loading to oasis landing,and ONLY there
So i have the common enough bug of the 95% loading screen stuck. Thing is, its not my ccs or mods, since i can travel to literally every world, including WA,uni,and all the nraas traveler mod world.all. just fine. but not the future. i cleared caches, i tried to go there via phone,portal, pray. the supposed corrupted cc bug would only be if i had problem traveling to other places,and my sims just came home 3 days ago from egypt. not to mention all the ccs are just some furniture really. i spent the last 5 hours trying different things,also letting the game load for like an hour each time if not more. do i have to throw out my whole save? is there a solution?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2022 at 7:57 PM
i didnt know future travel could be affected differently than others. if i remove mods, and then put them back in,then will my objects come back(as in,are they stored data where they were) or not? or you mean i should save like that? also would the furniture cc cause that,really? since apart from that,my actual mods are just nraas. i will try regardless in a minute
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2022 at 9:51 PM
thank you for the help! it was, to my surprise, the nraas traveler mod. ironic
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th May 2022 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by depressedmoose
thank you for the help! it was, to my surprise, the nraas traveler mod. ironic

That really shouldn't be the case. Did you check if you have the right version for your patch level?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th May 2022 at 12:39 AM
yes,of course. also it was the only mod i removed. makes no sense to me,since i previously did use traveler in the future, but nevertheless it was the source of the problem
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th May 2022 at 3:01 AM
So im sure traveler shouldnt be the problem,since it did work last time. but i also literally only have nraas mods+some furniture items.also they are ones which are pretty important to me(the big medieval conversion mod) i want to have traveler+also not very interestedin oasis landing(medieval playthrough) its just for the collectibles. i figured i can just put back and take out my traveler mod if i want to visit the future,no? also i did do a nraas mc reset to the whole town, and it did not help
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th May 2022 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
we should really ask an expert

Yeah good idea, let me know if you find one.

The only problems with taking Traveler in and out are that you stand to temporarily lose decent connections with non-WA homeworlds and Uni, and the ability to control things like foreign world aging on a per-world basis goes away. But not every player really cares about those things. I once ran my multi-world game for a long time through a large number of saves without Traveler totally by accident (some flub up on my part while testing something for another player and forgetting to put things back the way they were entirely). By the time I noticed, the only damage was foreign world aging that shouldn't have happened and a YA/almost Adult I play in rotations reverted to his original homeworld and was a Teen again. Still haven't quite figured out how to explain that to his parents and boyfriend(s)...er, that's a long story for another time perhaps.

My experience with Oasis and ITF in general is pretty limited. A post about the original problem over at NRaas might kick up some more helpful advice than I can provide. I also think a self-described depressed moose will add something interesting to the membership roster that we might not have already.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th May 2022 at 3:53 AM
Ah, thank you! Yes i think i will be good without per-world aging and connections. So i think that solution will work just fine for me on the long run. I totally am a lurker on the nraas site ,but i think i can mark this one as solved,since both the cause has been located and a solution found. if i have any other headache with sims 3 though,i might go there first