Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 1:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims can't go to community lots and they drop travels from queue
Yesterday my sims couldn't go to any community lots, because everytime I tried to do that, after loading screen, the game was opening build mode. Today it got worse cause they literally drop any kind of travel from their queue. I don't have any mods but yesterday I exported and then imported few sims i made to the gallery thanks to body shop and simPE. I thought that this could be reason of all of these troubles but even if I deleted them from download folder it still didn't solve the problem. Before using SimPE and bodyshop i made backup and bringing it back didn't help too, idk why. Would uninstalling and installing game help? I'm sorry i know i might sound like total noob but I'm not that familliar with that part, I started my "adventure" with sims 2 one month ago so I'm still don't know many things about this game. I hope that someone from here will know how to help and advice me, I will be really really gratfeul
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 1:48 AM
What 'gallery' are you talking about? There is no sims gallery. I am also unsure what you mean by export and import sims? These sound like sims 4 terms.
I think we need to understand more what you did. Can you explain more or take pictures?

Also sims don't go into the download folder, they go into saved sims.
If you want to keep sims from in game you need extract them is SimPE and then clone then in Body Shop.

Only ever uninstall and reinstall the game if you messed up the install files. Most times the trouble is under my Documents not the install.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 2:55 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Jun 2022 at 3:53 AM.
After you've extracted and cloned the sims, you can put the sim template files (the Bodyshop clones, not the extracted files) in the Downloads folder, that's fine. They don't need to hang out in the SavedSims folder. In the Downloads folder you can put them in a folder named "sims" so they don't make too much clutter.

The extracted sim files from SimPE should be either deleted or removed before you open your game (only ever use Bodyshop with these files in your SavedSims folder).

As for the "Gallery", I'm guessing you mean the sim bin in Bodyshop/CAS?

---

The issue with community lots -
-Are they EAxis lots, or lots you've built? If they're lots you've built, have you checked that you've added a telephone booth?
-Were you able to take sims to a community lot without any issues before extracting sims?
-Have you tried removing all the sim files (both extracted and cloned), plus the cache files (all 2-4 files), and tested again?
-Does it happen to all community lots or just this one? (please test if you haven't already)
-Does it happen to all families or just one? (please test if you haven't already)

Unless you've done some serious muckup in SimPE (and I really do mean serious), the problems most likely are in the Documents location, so no need to reinstall. What you can do is a "soft reinstall" by renaming the "The sims 2" folder by adding "backup" (or something like that) to the end, and running the game. This gives you a brand new game folder to play with, and keeps the other one safe (you can go back to it whenever you want by renaming the folders - whichever folder has the original name is the one the game will read).

This also gives you a way to check if the game is installed properly and everything is fine, or if something has gotten corrupted in the neighborhood. If the new neighborhoods work fine, then the problems are in the old folder. If the problems persist, then there could be a broader game-wide issue, possibly with the install (as long as you haven't installed any mods in the install files).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 3:50 AM
I didn't know that, I have always placed them in saved sims (not that I download sims very often)

Op if you have extracted sims be sure you are using the clones as the pure extracted sims can be buggy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 3:55 AM
I've always placed downloaded sims in my Downloads folder, and they've always showed up, so couldn't see any reason why I couldn't put my own sims in there (plus SavedSims seems to not like folders too much).