2 people viewing
Replies: 10762 (Who?), Viewed: 501057 times.
Page 431 of 431
Theorist
#10751 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naus Allien
There shouldn't be a need to show features that aren't in the game if the game had enough ACTUAL gameplay to show.

Much is done just to entertain and for humor. The silly trailer with the kids on the fan is one of the best known/liked Sim trailers. Some just is done for the pure fun of it. I have enjoyed many of the trailers over the years. For me the trailers are just a nudge to find out more about the item.
Inventor
#10752 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicboy
Speaking of this trailer, I remember the one that leaked prior. It showed skunks and racoons which did not end up in the game. BUt then again the sims themselves looked a bit artwork-ish and more alive than normal in this trailer.

But racoons do appear in the game. They even rummage through trash as shown in the trailer. Skunks might've been planned early on but were later removed. But they were never shown in any official trailer.
Mad Poster
#10753 Old Yesterday at 6:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I have not been on my ipad in a while but darn all the ads for game apps have pretty much zero to with the actual games. I would not call what is being done as lies and deception as anyone with any sense should know it is marketing, just like what we see in TV ads and so on. But it is rather ridiculous in many cases. And totally irritating.

In the case for too many apps, I would almost call them false advertising as the gameplay is often completely different from what's shown in the ads.

But to be honest, the mobile app market is complete trash at the moment, barely anything worth playing, and the few gems there are often go under the radar or are locked behind premium subscriptions (i.e. Apple Arcade)- it suffers from the same issue that Steam does- an easy-to-access platform combined with a complete lack of quality control.
Theorist
#10754 Old Yesterday at 6:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
In the case for too many apps, I would almost call them false advertising as the gameplay is often completely different from what's shown in the ads.

But to be honest, the mobile app market is complete trash at the moment, barely anything worth playing, and the few gems there are often go under the radar or are locked behind premium subscriptions (i.e. Apple Arcade)- it suffers from the same issue that Steam does- an easy-to-access platform combined with a complete lack of quality control.

I split time between 2 locations and one has wifi and one not. I am here at the one with no wifi most of the time. There are few games I have liked a lot, I like silly ones like Zombie Castaways, I played Game of Sultans a while. Cradle of Empires, Frozen Flowers, and a few others that I still play now and then. But TBH when cannot play do not miss them at all. I would much rather play a game on the PC. And much rather pay for something and have it. Not the typical app where they want you to buy constantly to continue game play.

When I buy a Sims item it is mine. Period. Paid for.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10755 Old Yesterday at 9:30 PM
I wonder why they didn't add grocery store/market lot where Sims can buy and sell produce to the store. Would LOVE a little cash register to place and build a little grocery store.

You can make one with that fridge in Get To Work, but that's only one objects and there aren't any real grocery store objects. I can't imagine it'd be difficult - click on the product objects and you buy groceries from a UI. Lord.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#10756 Old Today at 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I wonder why they didn't add grocery store/market lot where Sims can buy and sell produce to the store. Would LOVE a little cash register to place and build a little grocery store.

You can make one with that fridge in Get To Work, but that's only one objects and there aren't any real grocery store objects. I can't imagine it'd be difficult - click on the product objects and you buy groceries from a UI. Lord.

Too much work, it’s easier to reskin the City Living fruit stall, add a deco grocery store in the background, and call it a day.
Forum Resident
#10757 Old Today at 12:03 AM
even a market rabbit hole would be good too buy food for the house. And a book store.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10758 Old Today at 2:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Too much work, it’s easier to reskin the City Living fruit stall, add a deco grocery store in the background, and call it a day.

I’m so sick of market stalls. I feel like they’re in every EP and half of the SPs. An NPC at a register on a counter would function much the same.

Worse, you still have to pay to spawn them. What?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#10759 Old Today at 2:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I’m so sick of market stalls. I feel like they’re in every EP and half of the SPs. An NPC at a register on a counter would function much the same.

Worse, you still have to pay to spawn them. What?

Realm of Magic was so strange with them basically stuck in fake buildings. When we zoomed the camera in it was, UM............?
Top Secret Researcher
#10760 Old Today at 5:32 AM
At least there's a mod for no-charge hiring of food stall people, but the number of stalls is just ridiculous.
Instructor
#10761 Old Today at 6:16 AM
Why they didn't just add a generic stall to the game and just code it to handle new items/food/whatever each time a pack comes out is beyond me. Common sense, or it should be. Instead, they make a brand new stall almost every other pack now.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
#10762 Old Today at 8:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
Why they didn't just add a generic stall to the game and just code it to handle new items/food/whatever each time a pack comes out is beyond me. Common sense, or it should be. Instead, they make a brand new stall almost every other pack now.

The best part is they were bragging about it as an exciting new feature of City Living.

All the packs are pretty bad and it was bad back then too, but City Living is aging horrendously. The only feature it has that has zero presence in another pack is Singing, no? Every single other feature in that pack has been rehashed elsewhere.
Scholar
#10763 Old Today at 9:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95

Obviously, they do this to save on time and labour costs, this is the problem, packs are released unfinished and unpolished, Star Wars is one example of the most unfinished packs around and it shows, many buyable inventory objects that have no use, and you don't even need a lightsaber for any mission.
Page 431 of 431