Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2024 at 2:04 AM Last edited by vaddish : 27th May 2024 at 1:09 AM.
Default WCIF a mod that allow cars for NPCs in the University world
I wanted a mod (or some setting) that allowed cars for NPCs in the university world. To me, it doesn't make sense to have all those car spaces in the lots and not see them being used. I have most of the Nraas mods and neither the traveler nor traffic options make a difference.
Does anyone know of any mods that make cars possible? I looked online several times and couldn't find anything.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th May 2024 at 1:29 AM
I must be missing something here. I'm pretty sure I've had sims staying off campus bring their cars with them to Uni World by way of Traveler and there were no issues with them being used to get around. But the player will need to make sure the vehicle is in the sim's personal inventory and not parked somewhere when it's time to return home or else the car would become abandoned.

This hasn't been your experience?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2024 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I must be missing something here. I'm pretty sure I've had sims staying off campus bring their cars with them to Uni World by way of Traveler and there were no issues with them being used to get around. But the player will need to make sure the vehicle is in the sim's personal inventory and not parked somewhere when it's time to return home or else the car would become abandoned.

This hasn't been your experience?

I forgot to mention that the problem it's with the NPCs, they all have bikes, not my active family lol

Since forever I don't had any problems with cars X active families on travels (just the problem if i don't want them using their car on a vacation world like china and breaking the "immersion" from the place). With nraas traveler, traffic and more mods, I noticed in France, NPCs may have a scooter AND maybe they will have a car, and for me its super nice see this diversity of transportation. And why that seems possible to me have this type of diversification on UniWorld, even more with so many cars on parking lots. So many american movies show that type of culture, even teenagers driving their cars, showing off their fancy sports cars, and on the uni world, just bikes? meh
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2024 at 4:07 AM
There is no reason that the actual residents of Uni World, the ones who own and live in their own houses in town, cannot have cars if they want them. Or you could use a mod like MasterController to "gift" them some, as long as they have parking spaces or a garage with parking spaces on their residential lot to hold the vehicles.

The sims who show up each term and stay in the dorms and frat/sorority houses are not really from a local household. They don't actually have a real household, so getting them to claim ownership or make purchases of such vehicles might be more tricky.

(insert usual public service announcement warning against the dangers of keg usage and juice pong, then getting behind the wheel of a car...)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st May 2024 at 3:09 AM
There is no reason that the actual residents of Uni World, the ones who own and live in their own houses in town, cannot have cars if they want them. Or you could use a mod like MasterController to "gift" them some, as long as they have parking spaces or a garage with parking spaces on their residential lot to hold the vehicles.

The sims who show up each term and stay in the dorms and frat/sorority houses are not really from a local household. They don't actually have a real household, so getting them to claim ownership or make purchases of such vehicles might be more tricky.

(insert usual public service announcement warning against the dangers of keg usage and juice pong, then getting behind the wheel of a car...)

At least, in years of playing I've never seen any resident even own a car. I expected that, as in normal worlds NPCs get cars, and in France too, that this could also happen at the university.

I thought about distributing cars in the sims' inventories, but it ends up being a lot of work, I wish I knew how to write a script like that, I hope that someone who knows how to do it will one day be inspired by this idea hahaha

But anyway, these are just details that don’t significantly impact the experience.

Thank you, my dear. I find it interesting how you are so active in these communities, especially in Nraas, even for years. It made me interested in knowing more about you
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2024 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vaddish
It made me interested in knowing more about you

Be careful what you ask for!

I'm just your average 110 year old guy who lives in a 12-bedroom mansion atop an inaccessible mountain who hates kids and all people, preferring to spend time with my 26 cats. I will occasionally visit my parents and older siblings as they don't get out much these days. My traits are Grumpy, Hot Headed, Evil, Hates Everything, Snob, Avant-Garde, and No Sense of Humor. But that's only before my first cup of coffee in the morning.

I know nothing about computers or sims and wish people would stop asking me to fix theirs.

Okay, most of that really isn't true but there have been rumors over the years that I am really Twallan in disguise (or Chain Reaction, who took over where Twallan left off) or that I have him locked up in my basement. Another version has me as an EA employee who got left on the payroll but forgotten about when TS4 came out, so what else was I supposed to do with my time. And then there's the one that claims this screen name is actually shared by around 12 people all on the same forums, however that was supposed to work.

Believe the one(s) you want, I guess.
Instructor
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2024 at 1:38 PM
Be careful what you ask for!

I'm just your average 110 year old guy who lives in a 12-bedroom mansion atop an inaccessible mountain who hates kids and all people, preferring to spend time with my 26 cats. I will occasionally visit my parents and older siblings as they don't get out much these days. My traits are Grumpy, Hot Headed, Evil, Hates Everything, Snob, Avant-Garde, and No Sense of Humor. But that's only before my first cup of coffee in the morning.

I know nothing about computers or sims and wish people would stop asking me to fix theirs.

Okay, most of that really isn't true but there have been rumors over the years that I am really Twallan in disguise (or Chain Reaction, who took over where Twallan left off) or that I have him locked up in my basement. Another version has me as an EA employee who got left on the payroll but forgotten about when TS4 came out, so what else was I supposed to do with my time. And then there's the one that claims this screen name is actually shared by around 12 people all on the same forums, however that was supposed to work.

Believe the one(s) you want, I guess.

I was hoping for something a bit more concrete
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Jun 2024 at 11:14 AM
igazor is a platypus......