Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 5:41 AM
Default WCIF mod that allows hidden lot types (tombs, basically) in base worlds
Hi, I was building a tomb in a base world to test out the mechanics, when I found that the select lot type drop-down didn't list tombs.

I looked it up and apparently those are only available on the worlds from world adventures.

The damnedest thing is though, I remember making a tomb lot in a base world, in fact I have it saved and available to place in my library! I've recently cleaned out my mods folder, so I'm guessing there was some mod that allowed for this.

TL;DR: Is there a mod where I can assign tomb lot types to lots in the base world. Thanks!

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 7:03 AM
It's just a cheat code, that's already available in game. You can enter it by opening the command box with Ctrl + Shift + C . It's
EnableLotLocking true

This will unlock all available lot types. You might need to enter testingcheatsenabled true first into that command box, I don't remember. You can disable both cheats with

testingcheatsenabled false
and
EnableLotLocking false
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
It's just a cheat code, that's already available in game. You can enter it by opening the command box with Ctrl + Shift + C . It's
EnableLotLocking true

This will unlock all available lot types. You might need to enter testingcheatsenabled true first into that command box, I don't remember. You can disable both cheats with

testingcheatsenabled false
and
EnableLotLocking false

Tried it, and oddly, all the other hidden lot types show up, but not any of the tombs. Very odd.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BagelTheDog
Tried it, and oddly, all the other hidden lot types show up, but not any of the tombs. Very odd.

That's indeed odd, they show up when I try it. Maybe you are expecting a different name for them? Especially if your game was localized?
Inventor
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 6:27 PM
That's indeed odd, they show up when I try it. Maybe you are expecting a different name for them? Especially if your game was localized?

Hey, Norn! For giggles, I tried it also. I am in town edit mode. I think that is what OP wants? What I get seems odd. There are now 3 blank options above "Acadamy", but none that say "Tomb". My game is set in English, if that makes a difference. I'm running all EP's and some SP's (including WA, of course). "Testingcheatsenabled on", is always on in my game from a mod I use. Buydebug is not on.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Hey, Norn! For giggles, I tried it also. I am in town edit mode. I think that is what OP wants? What I get seems odd. There are now 3 blank options above "Acadamy", but none that say "Tomb". My game is set in English, if that makes a difference. I'm running all EP's and some SP's (including WA, of course). "Testingcheatsenabled on", is always on in my game from a mod I use. Buydebug is not on.

I have these blank spaces too, but then I have a "Hidden Tomb" and a "Famous Tomb" (my game is localized hence the slightly different names).
Inventor
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 9:15 PM
I have these blank spaces too, but then I have a "Hidden Tomb" and a "Famous Tomb" (my game is localized hence the slightly different names).

AH HA! I do have "Hidden Tomb", but not "Famous Tomb". I only scrolled down to look for "Tomb". Perhaps that will also help the OP.

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 9:44 PM
AH HA! I do have "Hidden Tomb", but not "Famous Tomb". I only scrolled down to look for "Tomb". Perhaps that will also help the OP.

They are called Hidden Tomb and Landmark Tomb in CAW, maybe you can find them both now?
Inventor
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 10:09 PM
They are called Hidden Tomb and Landmark Tomb in CAW, maybe you can find them both now?

Me? CAW? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That funny, because I'm clueless with CAW!!! Nah, I was hoping I could ask a question or two that might help the OP out. Although, from what you have said, I may try making some tomb in edit town, or something like that.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Jun 2024 at 4:44 AM

Still no dice, no landmark tombs or hidden tombs. Probably will have to do 50/50 with the mods I do have.

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 5th Jun 2024 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BagelTheDog
Still no dice, no landmark tombs or hidden tombs. Probably will have to do 50/50 with the mods I do have.

Quote: Originally posted by Simsmidgen

Seems it is the other way round - not a mod is preventing this in your games, but a mod that enables it in my game. The "culprit" is NRAAS Traveler. Sorry for misleading you. Traveler does not only sort the lot types nicely alphabetically, but it also unlocks quite a few that seem to be hidden otherwise. I've been using it like forever, so it didn't even cross my mind that this was not regular game behaviour. Sorry again.
Inventor
#12 Old 5th Jun 2024 at 5:59 PM
Seems it is the other way round - not a mod is preventing this in your games, but a mod that enables it in my game. The "culprit" is NRAAS Traveler. Sorry for misleading you. Traveler does not only sort the lot types nicely alphabetically, but it also unlocks quite a few that seem to be hidden otherwise. I've been using it like forever, so it didn't even cross my mind that this was not regular game behaviour. Sorry again.

Another question then, because I have also had Traveler "forever", being the only way to actually travel with EA's busted system...

Is there a setting that needs to be on? I'll look next time I play.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 5th Jun 2024 at 8:53 PM
Is there a setting that needs to be on? I'll look next time I play.

Hm, it's getting weird again it seems. No, no particular setting, Traveler is rather at default settings in my game, apart from disallowing the weatherstone to spawn. I just tested in a vanilla folder - no Tombs without traveler, tombs when it's in the game.
Inventor
#14 Old 5th Jun 2024 at 10:05 PM
Hm, it's getting weird again it seems. No, no particular setting, Traveler is rather at default settings in my game, apart from disallowing the weatherstone to spawn. I just tested in a vanilla folder - no Tombs without traveler, tombs when it's in the game.

I haven't had a chance to look yet, but am getting ready to play a little as soon as I get my newest bot package ready to go for testing.

Maybe I need to check Nraas for any updated mods?

BTW, currently visiting Oasis Landing, but I made Saturnorn my home world!

Instructor
#15 Old 6th Jun 2024 at 9:04 AM
All I did was install Traveler and had access to all lot types, no cheat needed
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 5:16 AM

Thank you, this was it! I had removed Traveler because it had issues running with ITF. And then I also resolved that issue. Apparently this whole time I was running 1.62! I've superpatched to 1.67, but it's a little crazy how Traveler was the only mod to bug out on me.

Inventor
#17 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 5:28 PM
Update: I also see both tombs now. I must have missed something before.