Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#11426 Old 1st Jul 2024 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I've seen that in multiple university dorms. You're right that it occurs there more than it does in other bed related situations, because I definitely noticed the bug in uni first - probably because it's so clear with that specific bed - and then I realised that it was happening to other beds after installing Apartment Life.

It is probably just that it was one of the earlier lots they built. University being the first EP has a lot of weird duplication like that, like a lot of the premades have hidden copies of their hairstyle or clothing rather than the version in the catalog.

Yeah, I feel like we forget how "old" Uni is. Hidden accessories and hairstyles were really common in BG, so of course it would be in Uni. There is a pair of glasses that's worn by a Sim Bin student which is hidden, like the 2 women in the CAS Sim Bin, one wearing the beta version braid hairstyle and the other the hidden "sioux" lipstick. Another oddity relating to early content is Kevin Beare who has the beta version "gibs" hairstyle. The premades having hidden copies of their hairs or clothing is a similar case to what I said about the unused hairstyles and accessories, only that instead of hiding the item because they made a new one, they duplicated it for some reason. It was the first EP they made, I suspect they did something to the lots for some reason, because it definitely looks like so. I've seen the radio oddity a couple times in the premade Uni dorms and it's like they reset the lot while playtesting and some things were stuck like the music. But still, there is no swatch selected for the affected beds. Wild guess here: Did they use a colour of the bed that they scrapped? Because that bed is part of the Groovy theme which was created in Uni. But still, it looks like they did reset the lot, although the bed bug doesn't have the normal "symptoms".

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11427 Old Yesterday at 3:35 AM
I'm not sure if this is due to hacks, but in my game I was able to have a Sim woohoo in a car (and get pregnant, thanks for not using a condom Malcolm) before having her first kiss.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#11428 Old Yesterday at 6:00 AM
I relocated a folder of my old corrupted Pleasantview and was going through my spreadsheet. I love how you can pinpoint the dates these sims were born to Fall 2008 because of the US presidential election and the Twilight movie

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11429 Old Yesterday at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I'm not sure if this is due to hacks, but in my game I was able to have a Sim woohoo in a car (and get pregnant, thanks for not using a condom Malcolm) before having her first kiss.

Malcolm sounds like a really crappy lover. I think in vanilla you have to have a first kiss before woohoo, but I may be wrong.
Mad Poster
#11430 Old Yesterday at 3:53 PM
No. I've seen it happen before. If you get them to love without kissing and go straight to woohoo, there's no first kiss memory to have. It's even happened to me once or twice, with sims who were friends, fell in love at first flirt, and went straight to woohoo wants without passing Go, or who rolled makeout wants before they rolled kiss wants. I've seen it happen in other people's ACR and teen woohoo games, not exactly regularly, but as a result of the program precipitately laying hands on a new adult who hadn't dated as a teen, or on a teen who had just turned.

In a vanilla game, the only thing necessary for a woohoo interaction to be accepted is love tags. The customary sequence to get a woohoo want - hug kiss makeout woohoo - is powerful, but it's still got a random element, so most want-based players will only get woohoo wants to fill well after the first kiss but it's not a guarantee, and a player not guided by wants can direct a sim to do the acts in any order without the game hindering them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11431 Old Yesterday at 5:11 PM
Either I just always made them kiss first because it seemed weird not to or I'm remembering yesterday playing Sims Medieval, where I could not get even a kiss want to show up without flirting a million times lol. Or probably both.
Mad Poster
#11432 Old Yesterday at 11:00 PM
First Kiss is necessary before ACR will trigger teens to woohoo autonomously, maybe you were remembering that?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 458 of 458