Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 8:09 AM
Default Edited top makes torso skin black
Hello. I'm in the process of removing the undershirt of the store boho lacy top. But when I test it in CAS, it turns the skin area completely black! The shirt texture itself is fine, and it looks normal in the workshop. This is also my first time doing morphs, so I'm not sure if that's the issue. Could someone have a look into my file and let me know how to fix this?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  edited store boho shirt.rar (372.2 KB, 0 downloads)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by makiura
Hello. I'm in the process of removing the undershirt of the store boho lacy top. But when I test it in CAS, it turns the skin area completely black! The shirt texture itself is fine, and it looks normal in the workshop. This is also my first time doing morphs, so I'm not sure if that's the issue. Could someone have a look into my file and let me know how to fix this?

You joined a geom to object mesh, or vice versa. I heard the new geom tools can change data, but I find it easier to just convert meshes to same type in MTK, since that's how I've been doing forever, and know it works.

You also have visible seams in the body mesh. You have a tf top, which adds extra steps, as MTK doesn't fix tf seams, unfortunately. Blender 2.80 is needed for this, or MS, if you use that, I do not, so can't advise. The easiest way to fix that, is to merge vertices, apply sharp edges as necessary, set normals to face area, and export as object. Convert to geom in MTK, add bones. Import to Blender 2.80 with Smug Tomato's tools installed. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING! Immediately export the geom, using the export settings for tf LOD 1 to fix neck and waist seams. The rest you seem to already have done.
Screenshots

Shiny, happy people make me puke!