Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 6:17 PM Last edited by SimSpore : 26th Jan 2007 at 2:14 AM. Reason: Additional Objects For TS2 Object & Texture Creators included
SimSpore's Texture Bin & Elements!
Hi all

With all the talk I've seen lately about not being able to find usable textures without worrying about someone's copyrights, terms of use or link-backs every time you use them, or that there's just a lack of finding something new to use for your walls, furniture or clothing materials, I've decided to open up my photobucket 'Texture Bin' where I dump textures that I've been making. There are over 500 seamless swatches here and I will be adding to the Bin as I make them.

"SimSpore's Texture Bin"

~~~~~~~~~~~

"SimSpore's Elements"

I will also be including, for free, my 'Elements' for your creative use in making objects and textures for TS2. The same rules mentioned below also apply to these as well. So please watch this folder as I fill it up when I've created new elements for you to use

~~~~~~~~~~~

You are welcome to use any of my textures or elements that you find and like. They are all copyright free to use as you wish, and hope you have fun

Because these Textures and Elements are always FREE to all.
please take note, if someone chooses to make something with one or several elements and/or textures and sells that item, my textures and elements still remains free to anyone else who wishes to use them in the same way and offer their creation for free.

P.S.( Dear Moderators, if this is the wrong forum for this sort of post, please let me know and I'll promptly do what is needed to put it in the right one. Thanks!)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 8:54 PM
Wow this is so cool, thanks, SimSpore.

I do not do requests; please don't ask!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 9:42 PM
Thanks a bunch. It is soo hard to find good public domain textures.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
Theorist
#4 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 10:09 PM
SimSpore, that is truly awesome! When I make something I've been trying to make sure I tell people to please feel free to do whatever they wish--if it's walls and they want more, please make more! If it's an alpha channel I've edited, then please feel free to use the edited alpha channel. It never makes any sense at all to me to spend however long it takes to do something and then not let someone else use it too.

I truly appreciate you freely sharing your work.

I'm looking through your textures now--very nice stuff!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 10:45 PM
I'm really happy to see that these are appreciated, and hopefully useful too :D

Misty, my biggest reason for coming here to MTS2 was because of this attitude of freely sharing what we all enjoy doing and using. Over the years of my graphic artwork I've created a goodly amount of textures, and as of late it seemed a good time to just let the doors open up and invite others to use them too.

All the ones I'm posting up in my Texture bin, btw, are seamless! And please feel free to recolor or retexture, stretch, bend, staple or mutilate them to your heart's desire

Oh yeah, if you have ever wanted to try a handy little color wizard to play with color changing effects, to one of or many of these textures, try using Harry's Filter 3.0. by Harold Heim. You can pick this up, and many other free filters, at http://www.thepluginsite.com/
And this ISN'T a plug for the site
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 9:27 PM
Hello again, everyone :D

I have been greatly inspired by Delphy's very admirable position here in the Sims 2 community, not to mention how he handles 'Mod The Sims 2' and 'Sims 2 Community Forum', which has motivated me to share my own creations with the rest of you.

As of a few days ago I have decided to share my on-going and growing Texture Bin, which has well over 700 free, seamless textures at the moment. These are 'not' catagorized as these have been my personally created textures; those I wanted to use, those I didn't use and those I just wanted to make for share, here in one big growing pile.

Anyway... today I have added 37 B&W Tile Templates into this bin for 2 reasons:

1. they in themselves are seamless tiles... and
2. you can use them in any art program as templates to make your own floors by adding texture to the empty pattern cells. You will find them on Page 18 & 19. Just follow the link in my Sig... and have fun
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 10:45 AM
fantastic work SimSpore. Keep it up. cheers
Forum Resident
#8 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 11:24 AM
Great!

The only thing I'm missing here is the thanks-button! :o)

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 12:06 PM
Thank you so much for doing this for us!
Its so hard to find a lot of different good free textures. I find myself using the same ones over and over again.
Now with your generosity, I can finally have some variety! Thankyou.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 12:47 PM
Thank you for openning your fabulous library to the rest of us. Its is nice not to have to wonder if you dare use something and there is unlimited inspiration there. Thank you for the tip about Harry's filter, too!

Natural Redhead Project: Go Red, Naturally
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 9:35 PM Last edited by SimSpore : 12th Jan 2007 at 9:49 PM.
Wow!
I'm really thrilled to hear that these are so well received (where's my 'blushing' smiley, hehe)

PoundingHeart & MizzesSimmer (and the rest) Thank YOU for letting me know you appreciated them. This is a great community, and with Delphy's new Mission Statement about empowering the creators I thought it would be a way for me to help a little in this years goal for MTS2 :D

Kaneonapua, happy to share the tip on Harry's Filter... you can get almost unlimited color effects and shadings with that one. I favor the Color Wizard in the drop down list of effects, myself

Quote: Originally posted by xanathon
Great!

The only thing I'm missing here is the thanks-button! :o)

Hey, just letting me know how much you appreciate these has already pushed my 'Thank You' button just fine, Xanathon

I've put up lots more, have 900 at the moment, more to go up as I clean up some old ones and add some new ones. So glad they inspire you all too. This is what it's all about, sharing and inspiring, and having loads of fun all at the same time
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:31 AM
Default Update
UPDATE:
Tonight I have uploaded more textures to my 'Texture Bin' bringing the total to 1000 FREE textures for your creative needs!

Hope you'll have fun
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 9:42 PM
Fantastic!

Here I have browsed the 3d comunity over and over again, locking for "metallic" textures... and tonight I loged me inn here... and what do I find...? not only one free texture... or a package of 30... no... here I find 1000!!! and many of them is "metallic"...

I have made me an shortcut on my desktop, and you are allways wellcome to Dolly's Design , looking for the result...

You are amacing! Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 8:01 AM
Happy to help out a fellow artisian, Ghostsim, or inspire a new one!

Keep an eye out for 'SimSpore's Texture Bin II'.
I had to open another folder within the first one because I hit the limit on how much a folder at photobucket will hold. Now you'll soon have 2 'Texture Bins' to rumage through
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 8:11 PM
Greate! And a werry good idea!

I have opend my own... http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Dolly3870/

not as good as yours... because they are made of fabric-tumbnails... but anyway... if someone find it useful... you are welcome to use them...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 12:23 AM Last edited by SimSpore : 26th Jan 2007 at 12:30 AM.
Please see my original Post # 1 for all the details to using both my 'Textures' and my 'Elements'

~~~~~~~~~~~

What's New

I will also be including, for free, my 'SimSpore's Elements' for your creative use in making objects and textures for TS2. The same rules mentioned above also apply to these as well. So please watch this folder as I fill it up when I've created new elements for you to use

~~~~~~~~~~~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 10:50 PM
Me again :D

Actually, I've been spending so much time making textures and elements for other Simmers to use in creating objects for MTS2 that I haven't been doing much else or played with my Simmies for awhile now... but I'm enjoying what I'm doing at the moment and probably wont stop till I get bored. Hope that's a long time from now

Anyway, back to let anyone here know, who may be interested, that in my 'SimSpore Elements' folder I've just added some peeling-paper effects. They're pretty good for making wallpapers look as if they are peeling off the old walls I think
A Peeling Paper Tut has been added for anyone who might like to try these.

Hope these are useful to someone and hope you have fun
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 9:09 AM
Greate!

Peeling Paper Tut is greate for my "poor man-rich man-poor man" project...

now I hope to make my newest pc up running again... It crashed, so I havent been able to make enything this paste 2 weeks... yes I have abstinenses... It cribling in my fingers... gees... hehe...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghostsim
Greate!

Peeling Paper Tut is greate for my "poor man-rich man-poor man" project...

now I hope to make my newest pc up running again... It crashed, so I havent been able to make enything this paste 2 weeks... yes I have abstinenses... It cribling in my fingers... gees... hehe...

Hi Ghostsim!

Glad you're back in action again and to hear you got a better PC to handle all your creative projects you have planned. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Thanks for the feedback, it's really inspiring for me to know what others are doing with my offerings... keeps me going with new ideas to share
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 2:02 AM
Hi SimSpore!

No... not yet... my new pc crashed, so I'm now using my old one... and waiting for the mastercd from Packard Bell... and I hope it comes this week, as PB promist... Oh... it take so long time...

But in the meentime I have work on a resoursepage on my site... and I want to link your texturebins there too... If you dont mind... but then I wondering if you have some buttons I can use...? Please....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghostsim
Hi SimSpore!

No... not yet... my new pc crashed, so I'm now using my old one... and waiting for the mastercd from Packard Bell... and I hope it comes this week, as PB promist... Oh... it take so long time...

But in the meentime I have work on a resoursepage on my site... and I want to link your texturebins there too... If you dont mind... but then I wondering if you have some buttons I can use...? Please....

Oh, well I hope you get it working soon then!

Here you go; LinkButton .
Nothing fancy, but I hope it's ok for your button page
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimSpore
Oh, well I hope you get it working soon then!

Here you go; LinkButton .
Nothing fancy, but I hope it's ok for your button page

It's perfect Tank you!
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 6:55 AM
Was about to call it quits...
Thank you so much for this! I had just learned how to recolor clothing (a major feat for me, I regret to say) and realized how hard it was to find decent textures. I had no idea there were so many ugly fabric swatches!

Thanks to you, I'm ready to start another project!!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 5:42 PM
I'm ditto-ing saltysugar's comment; I just learned how to recolor and hit a wall when I realize how hard it is to texturize clothing and make it look good. I have so much respect for all you great creators out there who make stuff that looks so nice. And thank you, SimSpore, for making these and allowing us free use of them. It's wonderful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 11:27 PM Last edited by bluemoon11 : 23rd Feb 2007 at 3:09 AM.
Oh wow! You made all those? Wow, I'm impressed! That must have taken forever.
Thanks, I will certainly put these to good use.

The real John McCain

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
-Albert Schweitzer
Page 1 of 2