Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 2836 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2007 at 10:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Transfer lot ownership to a friend
I have been playing The Sims 2 Open for Business and decided to give one of my community lots to my friend. But I found out that THERE ARE NO AVAILABLE OPTIONS for this! Is there any way to give a community lot to a friend FOR FREE?

Thanks guys! Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MTS2!
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 17th May 2007 at 12:04 PM
You want to share it with your friend?
Package the lot in game and than upload it somewhere. Give the link to your friend so he can download it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th May 2007 at 3:09 PM
It's an interaction in the Propose... menu. Propose - transfer lot ownership.

Breathe deep, who knows how long this will last.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th May 2007 at 11:13 PM
I think that the transfer lot ownership proposal is for families only although I am not sure. Since even selecting my best friend doesn't show up the propose-transfer lot ownership. If it does work on friends, how?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th May 2007 at 11:27 PM
Can you try selling them the lot? Mark it extra super cheap? I haven't played a business in a while and am a bit rusty!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th May 2007 at 9:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoodle
Can you try selling them the lot? Mark it extra super cheap? I haven't played a business in a while and am a bit rusty!

Selling the lot goes to the community.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th May 2007 at 12:26 PM
I think he meant selling the lot in a store (even just a makeshift store in your backyard), not via the phone -- if you open a home business just for a day, invite the target sim over, immediately goodbye everyone else, and then put the deed on sale for really really cheap and show item to him and whatnot, perhaps he'll bite? at least that's how I hope i'll be able to transfer ownership in a somewhat controlled manner once the owners are close to biting the dust. game won't alow me to give it to nonfamily either.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#8 Old 18th May 2007 at 1:16 PM
Transfering ownable lots out of the family is kind of a messy business that would require the use of one, and likely two, hacked objects, and the sim to receive the business should not be living alone.

How to do this:

1. Make sure the target sim is not the only sim in his family, and that at least one other sim or pet lives there. If he is the only sim, move something in using the Ingelogical shrub, such as a townie.

2. Summon and move target you want to transfer the lot to into the family using the Ingelogical Shrub (bypass all the messy formalities and memory spam).

3. Transfer the lot using the deed and stuff it into the new sim's inventory.

4. Visit his original home lot, and resummon the sim you moved away. Then, using the FFS Lot Debugger from More Awesome Than You, "Transfer Business HQ" of that sim (so that the remote income and call in tokens are transferred correctly, which the game by default does not do, even if you move normally, resulting in messed up and orphaned tokens).

5. Finally move him back in with the Ingelogical shrub so he's back where he started. Kick out your placeholder by making him a townie again with the Ingelogical Shrub or moving him back to his original family if you used one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 18th May 2007 at 2:49 PM
So this means if I have someone already owning a business and want him to move out, same procedure applies, yes? (I was under the impression that the Business HQ feature was only for moving *in*, like by marriage, not out, by newspaper)

Also: How would I go about transferring ownership of a home business within a household? (Both the current and the prospective owner already live on the same lot)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th May 2007 at 10:05 PM
I'll try that guys. Thanks for everything. Anyway, is it possible to create a hack to allow transferring of lot outside the family?