Replies: 417 (Who?), Viewed: 423928 times.
Page 8 of 17
Forum Resident
#176 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 8:30 PM
@Kweeky, I love your logos. They are absolutely stunning(everyone's logos are nice actually). I wish I could create something like that. I'm too lazy to try though.

Onyx Sims is now open!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 8:51 PM
(Click to mkae bigger, and the black stuff will go away also, it's just there cause some of them are transparent.)

Test Subject
#178 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 9:03 PM
Aah, thank goodness! I thought sims 2 would go bye bye. DX
Test Subject
#179 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 9:14 PM
Everyone's work is wonderful but Kweeky's caused my jaw to drop!! Simply awesome!
Test Subject
#180 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 9:38 PM
Please to hear your staying :D

I have the same problem with my site, so I think I will re-brand it to just Chris Sims, rather than sims 2. Loads of other webmasters are having trouble too, I'm just annoyed about sites like Snooty Sims, they don't know what it's like :D

Looking forward to MTS
Mad Poster
#181 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 11:46 PM
Wow. I agree with delphy, kweeky's is excellent. I like the simple look.

(Delphy, pardon me as I make my opinions known despite the fact I don't get a vote. I DEFY YOU!!! )

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Banned
DELETED POST
24th Jan 2009 at 11:46 PM
This message has been deleted by dylanc. Reason: dylanc
Banned
DELETED POST
24th Jan 2009 at 11:51 PM
This message has been deleted by HystericalParoxysm. Reason: So painfully off topic.
Banned
DELETED POST
24th Jan 2009 at 11:57 PM
This message has been deleted by HystericalParoxysm. Reason: Off topic.
Banned
DELETED POST
24th Jan 2009 at 11:58 PM
This message has been deleted by HystericalParoxysm. Reason: Off topic.
Banned
DELETED POST
25th Jan 2009 at 12:01 AM
This message has been deleted by dylanc.
Banned
DELETED POST
25th Jan 2009 at 12:02 AM
This message has been deleted by fanseelamb. Reason: Stop it.
Banned
DELETED POST
25th Jan 2009 at 12:04 AM
This message has been deleted by dylanc.
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 1:34 AM
YAY! Im waiting patiently to make my first sims3 Machinima!
Test Subject
#183 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 1:49 AM
Youpi!!!
Hey Delphy,this is one of the best news I have heard for this year yet And gotta tell you that I am so Happy about it,I am one of MTS2 biggest fan out there and I thrully love it,So Thank you so much for staying with us and I am planing to get the sims 3 too as soon as it got out
Test Subject
#184 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 1:50 AM
Ok. Yesterday I had a moment of inspiration and came up with this. All suggestions and critisism are admited .
Mad Poster
#185 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 2:33 AM
I don't think you can use the plumbob image. Something about maxis getting on mts's case. I like the gears idea though. It doesn't look like it'd shrink too well because the text is too thin, though. I think you might go with a stronger, bolder font with a darker color. Make the create/share/play part larger as well, i think.

Edit: wow. I wonder what just happened a few posts back. reminds me of a few threads i've started.

Lab Assistant
#186 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 3:05 AM
I think best logos are clean, simple and minimal.
For mts, i begin thinking at a symbol, because I don't like gears symbol..it's too much "work in progress" and too much "operative stuff" (sorry for my english)
Gears seems to say "we are technical worker", BUT what I want it to say is "we are creative" or "here you can find creative ideas"
So, I thought at at the symbol of "creation" and "idea" par excellence, that is the bulb, the light.
My proposal:

Below, my work in progress:

(i don't know why image here in the forum is blurred, look at the image in photobucket)
http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/...hid_logomts.jpg

Bulb is perfect also because we can use it as plumbob is used in game.
Bulb over a head, and over everything can mean that this thing is about mts.
users with bulb over head, are mts user, and so on.
And this symbol can be used as an icon everywhere.
Here in mts we have a bulb over head instead of a plumbob

I post my work in progress and my preference above, so you can see different positions. I can also change the font and colours, but first it was important to explain the concept.
Concept summary:
- symbol of "idea" and "creativity"
- unique symbol near text(clean and minimal) (like as TS, that has the plumbob symbol, unique, near text)
- symbol that can be used like plumbob, but with more meanings (creativity, ideas, new, mind, etc)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#187 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 3:30 AM
Black0rchid - Super cute idea! Love the way you've done the graphics, and the one with the lightbulb over the head rather than a plumbob is adorable. :D

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
The One and Only
#188 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 3:53 AM
ModTheSims Logo

SimsCommunity Logo

SimsAdult Logo

SimsWiki Logo

Favicons

The theme is rebirth/new dawn/what have you. I kept in mind that the site already had a mild color scheme, so I used a mild color scheme for the logos. Rather than use complex or overbearing graphics, I decided to coordinate the sites each using a single letter. This method not only allows users to quickly identify a site just by the letter in the favicon or the logo (or color), but text is also infinitely scalable to any resolution without loss of quality. The parentheses are used as a guide - focusing the user's view on the letter used as the primary mark for each site. This would allow users to quickly learn which letter coordinates to what site.
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 4:20 AM Last edited by Black0rchid : 25th Jan 2009 at 7:31 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
Black0rchid - Super cute idea! Love the way you've done the graphics, and the one with the lightbulb over the head rather than a plumbob is adorable. :D

thank you HP!

I like the idea of kweeky for the heart for Sims Adult, but I think that also a red lamp can be very explicative, maybe similar to a "stop" sign..

but for a rational implementation, symbols near text must be all different or must be the same (with different color). In first case, bulb+modthesims, heart+simsadults, people+simscommunity, pen or something else + sims wiki.
In second case, blue bulb+ modthesims, redbulb+simsadults, green bulb+sims wiki, etc.
I prefer first case. Below I tried the first case all in blue, but it doesn't convince me. If you want, I try with different colours & symbols for each channels.

Test Subject
#190 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 4:59 AM
Quick logo I just thought up and made
I could do more detail but I'm on a very tight schedule lately. Hope you enjoy it ^^.... I could of spent more time on it though >_> So this was the results in 3 minutes of doodling and coloring.

Mod The Sims Logo 60x60 [Pixels]

Mod The Sims Logo 575x575 [Pixels]

Anyway, Have a good one everybody!
Instructor
#191 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 5:33 AM
I love Black0rchid's entries, they look so cute and creative... Yet simple and clean!

Oh and I'm glad that the site will still exist and host Sims 3 creations. ^^
Mad Poster
#192 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 8:21 AM
GP~ I'd say maybe emphasize the "t" a bit more. It kinda gets lost in there.

Banned
DELETED POST
25th Jan 2009 at 8:23 AM
This message has been deleted by KittyFlufferDoodle. Reason: cuz it was dumb
Test Subject
#193 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 9:56 AM
Gorgeous designs there Blackorchid :D

I really like the use of the bulb (as opposed to the gears) for the mark for MTS. As you say, gears are a little bit too "WIP".

I do prefer your designs where you have used seperate illustrations for each site (the illustrations for community & adult are fantastic!) so I'd suggest going that route; builds a stronger identity for each site.

All in all awesome work!

oh and out of interest, do you use Illustrator?
Forum Resident
#194 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 11:24 AM
@Black0rchid: Your approach is nothing short of brilliant!

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Instructor
#195 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 11:33 AM
Black0rchid and Jon, I think both of your entries are awesome. I can't decide which one is better but I know that Delphy now can choose between some ingenious designs!
Gproductions, I also like your approach of just taking the letters but I'd preffer other colors.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 12:22 PM
I'll stink at this, but I'll give it a shot
Field Researcher
#197 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 2:15 PM
Black0rchids logo's look really great to me! If I was the one who could choose... They'd be it!!

learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Test Subject
#198 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 3:03 PM
thank god your staying not running off to the big world of Sims 3 & leaving those of us who aren't or can't yet get Sims 3 in the dust thus hugging out Sims 2 looking around in ... nm lmfao I got a lil off track there >.> YaY for staying & YaY for keeping up these lovely lovely mods, downloads, & CC I quite literally just got the last two EP's for Sims 2 within the last 2 weeks and em fully enjoying the novelties. As far as Sims 3 when I get a better pc hell yes becuase I'm sorry I'm not deleting all my sims 2 stuff to put in sims 3 to find >.> it hates my pc or the other way around lol I have an older pc 2-4yrs old so lol when I get a better one with a crap more harddrive then sims 2, sims 3, etc :P

Creator of the Mandelson Ave Lot Series (W.I.P)
I'm discribed as a generally loving pain in your arse
Can arse kick to bring back common sense as needed :p
Test Subject
#199 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 3:43 PM
I'm so happy they're not getting rid of MTS2!

I'M HOPPING MAD I TELL YOU!
XD LOL
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#200 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 3:50 PM
BlackOrchird, I really like your designs - but I think I prefer having different images to the left rather than just different colour bulbs - but I do love the idea of the bulb instead of a plumbob! Can you do a version of the MTS logo with the "Create it, share it, play it" in a slightly less bold font?

Jon, I like the designs - they are quite corporate looking. Could you maybe try working in the lightbulb idea and see how you go from there?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Page 8 of 17