Locked thread | Replies: 2614 (Who?), Viewed: 329180 times. | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Supernatural's out! Yay!
Page 11 of 105
Forum Resident
#251 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 9:49 AM
Does anyone remember that CC fairy house for the sims 2 here? That's what I think about with all this fairy talk. That would be cool if they did that

I am interested in all the crafting/candle-making/honey gathering this EP will bring. It will remind me of a pseudo Harvest Moon

I am not going to be excited if this is all shoved in our main worlds. I mostly mean the supernaturals. I CANT STAND THEM! I hope they take a page out of Making Magic and stuff all the weirdos and freaks in their own town. Maybe visit ala the wardrobe/broom/hole in the ground/whatever
Inventor
#252 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko09
Does anyone remember that CC fairy house for the sims 2 hereI am not going to be excited if this is all shoved in our main worlds. I mostly mean the supernaturals. I CANT STAND THEM! I hope they take a page out of Making Magic and stuff all the weirdos and freaks in their own town. Maybe visit ala the wardrobe/broom/hole in the ground/whatever

I think they could get their own new neighborhood, but most likely they'll spawn in other towns too. Unless you use a mod.
Retired
retired moderator
#253 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 10:51 AM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 12th Mar 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Here's the basic layout I want, without being too ambitious:

- The whole pack is full of fairytale furnishings, so if you buy it to build with, you've got a nice range of new toys, including the alchemy and apiary skill objects. The objects range between cottage rustic and witchy-gothic.
- A mysterious salesman NPC will sometimes set up a booth in a Big Park offering to sell you arcane objects, including a Creepy Wardrobe. Nobody has to interact with him. Easy to ignore. Quirky.
- Sims can go into this wardrobe to access a menu modeled on the WA "travel" menu, offering two different magical worlds - a brightly-themed one and a darkly-themed one.
--- In the light-themed world you find EA's fantasy trees, beautiful glades, and rustic cottages inhabited by bee-keeping fairies and "good" witches. If Pets is installed, unicorns spawn here instead of normal horse herds.
------Here Sims can become a good witch, befriend fairies, and there is a bonus added when mixing "good" potions.
--- In the dark-themed world you find creepy trees, "bad" witches, and werewolves. Lots of quirky risks in this world, like witches autonomously offering poisoned apples/zombie potions to your Sim. No strays here, but if Pets is installed, wolves.
------Here Sims can become a bad witch, get savaged by werewolves (by request), and there is a bonus added when mixing "bad" potions.
- The travel system improves WA's, including major stablisation fixes for WA travel as well. If not, it's a whole new system that works better.
- A focus on making features like spell-casting more full-bodied than previous attempts. Spells should do interesting and unique things, not just be a revamped Moodlet Manager, etc.

If they can do something as basic as that, and do it well, I'll be impressed.

If I'm being too ambitious: Both travel menus allow for custom worlds.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#254 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 11:18 AM
@kiwi_tea: that sounds like an amazing plan.
I'm anxious when it comes to which kind of integration they would choose in this EP, I think EA could learn some tricks from Twallan, such as his travelling system (less buggy and more freedom) and offer more customization for player. But thinking that EA would go back and fix WA to go with this EP is like daydreaming. So reasonably, they would opt to create a custom world for Magic and mark it as a magical kingdom where the wolf/unicorn roaming, bees&fairies flying and witches busting out in a big lousy flash.
Inventor
#255 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsdestroyer
But there's this weird purplish slider that has lavendar, purple, and so on.....Could be for Alien life states? I mean they gave us Lunar Lakes, maybe its for a reason??
Well, they could theoretically be for an alien life state.

But I'm one of the people who likes to keep their expectations down to avoid later disappointments. Like the people who suddenly started talking about mersims being the creature in Pets (and/or Showtime?). I still don't know how they even came up with that idea. And they're starting again now.

Since they explicitly added placeholder icons for the lifestates and they only included the existing ones and werewolf, witch, and fairy as new ones, I will assume that those are the only new lifestates we get until further evidence. So, I don't think there'll be aliens, and I think the zombies are not a lifestate, but just a moodlet that a sim gets after someone uses the "Zombification Potion" on them.
dodgy builder
#256 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 12:17 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 12th Mar 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamantEve
On the games I've worked on, if we added something we wanted to do, we had to add to the budget. If we couldn't afford it, we didn't add it. We did set up a budget beforehand, but if we wanted to add something new, the budget had to increase.

No hard feelings though.

He.

Lucky you! My bosses only gives me more to do and even takes from my budget

Someone have to decide what to put in the budget, that's the same thing you say ... really It's the same everywhere, what do we have and what do we use it for.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#257 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 1:39 PM
We're going to get a new toy! ^_^

Catch The Bandits
Pet The Rocking Rider
Ride
Rocking Rodeo

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#258 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 4:27 PM
for a second, just before i read the description, i thought 'fake it' was woohoo related lol
Field Researcher
#259 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 8:11 PM
@matrix54 I'm so confused.. You mean a rocking horse is a new toy?
Mad Poster
#260 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 9:39 PM
Here is a preview of 4 Alchemy Potions from the 1.32Oops! game. They are obviously a work in progress, unfinished. My sim can't do anything with them either.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Retired
retired moderator
#261 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 10:07 PM
I really like those models!

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#262 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_tea
Here's the basic layout I want, without being too ambitious:
Not ambitious at all. That's kind of how it should work (hint, hint, EA!).

The only change that I would make (and it's just a personal preference based on my play style!) is the good/evil bit: I never really liked the good witch/bad witch aspect of Apartment Life. I was more a Makin' Magic kind of guy where your Sims could use any spell or make any charm they'd learned. I guess for me, unless a Sim has either the Good or Evil Trait, they should be free to use whatever spells they want - including occasionally zapping the annoying neighbors without having to worry about getting that awful green skin! I do agree that Good Sims should get bonuses for "good" spells/potions, and Evil Sims get bonuses for "evil" spells/potions (and Lucky Sims should have success bonuses while Unlucky Sims should back away slowly from anything magical), it's just that for me, unless my Sim has a trait that specifically rules out a certain type of spell/potion (i.e., Good Sims can't use Poisoned Apples), I'd rather it be up to me whether or not the neighbors deserve what they get...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_tea
If I'm being too ambitious: Both travel menus allow for custom worlds.
One can only hope...
Inventor
#263 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 10:16 PM
Oh, I really like the black and brown one. And yes, the .dlls with the game code had no EP 7 changes, so there's nothing yet that can put together the models, effects, and throw potion animations that are in the patch.
Test Subject
#264 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:13 AM
Well, I'm hoping there is a way to have a hometown that is occult. I've always wanted a fantasy save file. It just wouldn't be the same if you had to travel to do it. Or have to use twallans traveler mod to move to the occult town Ea gives us. I'm also not really a fan of portal fiction, so the wardrobe thing doesn't interest me all that much.
Mad Poster
#265 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dispear
Well, I'm hoping there is a way to have a hometown that is occult. I've always wanted a fantasy save file. It just wouldn't be the same if you had to travel to do it. Or have to use twallans traveler mod to move to the occult town Ea gives us. I'm also not really a fan of portal fiction, so the wardrobe thing doesn't interest me all that much.

Yes, but then you couldn't restrict the creatures from your other non occult towns. Kind of like you can't keep away the unicorns and the vampires.
Test Subject
#266 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocobaura
Yes, but then you couldn't restrict the creatures from your other non occult towns. Kind of like you can't keep away the unicorns and the vampires.

There could be ways to do it with out placing in a WA style travel world. Something like the city/suburb flags or occult toggles in the options tabs. There are other possibilities besides the restrictiveness of a portal world or the rampant overrun of LN vampires.
Lab Assistant
#267 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
We're going to get a new toy! ^_^

Catch The Bandits
Pet The Rocking Rider
Ride
Rocking Rodeo

Oooh, so excited if this turns out to be true. I was literally just thinking the other day how awesome a rocking horse would be for my sims. Even better if sims kiddies could gain riding skill from it. Given EA's track record of merging expansions I don't have much hope in that regard - but that's what our trusty modders are for!

"Those who mind don't matter; and those that matter don't mind" - Dr Suess
Field Researcher
#268 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:53 AM
Wow I feel dumb.. but I like the new toy.. I finally get what the words mean lol.
The bottles look pretty cool even though they are not finished.
I hope we find out more in the next few months sooner the better. I really want to see how the fairies look besides just the effects.
Instructor
#269 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 7:44 AM
Frankly I'm not too worried about being able to choose which Occults you want in a town.
I mean, I really really want Toggles - but if EA takes the lazy route, Twallan has an option in his MC (?) already. Or maybe it's SP.

But EA, TOGGLES. Seriously.
Twallan can't do ALL your work.
Inventor
#270 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 7:47 AM
I really wish that there was a secondary brightness slider that would come with the rainbow slider. =/

Or, heck, they should have just revamped skintones so that the ones we have are suggestions (like how they suggest hair and eye colors) and then you could use the color wheel+brightness slider for everything else. It's how it should have been done in the first place.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Field Researcher
#271 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 1:11 PM
I like Arisuka's idea of a magical portal that my kids can sneak through at night.
I also very much approve of Kiwi Tea's plan.
I do not like the idea of supernaturals infesting my normal hoods, I know you can turn them off but still.
I am not over the moon about this pack but I don't actively hate it like ST. On the other-hand I haven't patched past 1.26,
I just can't be bothered with the direction sims3 seems to be going.

I have recently re-installed sims2 and I was amazed that with every EP I installed, I went OOHH! I love this EP! Until my husband told me to shut-up already.
I never ever have that feeling about sims3 EP's ever.
Forum Resident
#272 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 5:36 PM
I hope its called Spellbound, sounds interesting
retired moderator
#273 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 5:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouse254
I hope its called Spellbound, sounds interesting

The Sims 3 (TM) Katie Perry Fairy Twinkly Thing EP!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Forum Resident
#274 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 5:53 PM
I always think of The Sims 3 Fairytales.
Scholar
#275 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 5:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
The Sims 3 (TM) Katie Perry Fairy Twinkly Thing EP!

Be careful, there. You might get in trouble for giving away EA's official title for EP7 too early.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Supernatural's out! Yay!
Page 11 of 105