Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#1151 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Retarded_Pig
Ok, so I threw a wedding party and I invited lots of Sims. When they all left, seems this moron wouldn't stop clapping at the wedding cake. I had to enable testingcheats and delete her.
Resetsim would have been enough. If I deleted every Sim that gets stuck in party mode my town would be empty by now.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#1152 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 5:11 PM
Ok, so I threw a wedding party and I invited lots of Sims. When they all left, seems this moron wouldn't stop clapping at the wedding cake. I had to enable testingcheats and delete her.

Why not just ask her to leave?
Top Secret Researcher
#1153 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 5:25 PM
In the last week, I've noticed something bizarre: For reasons that probably only make sense to people with whatever horrifying genetic predisposition to insanity the Scumthorpes suffer from, EVERYONE hates Lolita Scumthorpe.

No, this is not a staged pair of pictures or a couple of separate incidents placed side by side. Within about 10 seconds of one another, both her parents stormed downstairs in their underwear and raged to the heavens about how much they despise their own baby girl.

A bit later, so did Sprog. Because Larry and Kathryn just didn't provide enough misplaced hatred and anger there.

In addition, Sprog automatically does a triumphant fistpump whenever he hears his little sister crying, and sometimes stops to laugh mockingly at her tears. Ok, he's Sprog and the sound of weeping children probably seems like the sweetest music to his vile little ears, but jesus christ. Even by Scumthorpe standards, Sprog is completely irredeemable.

As far as I can tell, this is the only time Lolita was ever actually held by her mother. Given Kathryn's obvious opinion on the matter, that's probably a good thing.

But don't worry, Lolita isn't a totally helpless figure in this household. As much as the Scumthorpes manage to violate virtually every rule of human decency in SimNation, they're still bound by certain conventions. Like the difficulties sims have always had with getting up stairs if anything's blocking the top or bottom of them.

Now guess where Lolita decided to sit down and play with her Imaginary Friend?

Trollita!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also on a more topical note, a much happier bonus picture: Rick Scumthorpe apparently telling his baby half-sister about Seasons.

Awww!
Scholar
#1154 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 7:42 PM
Yeah, but....everyone hates toddlers. Admit it, you do too.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Lab Assistant
#1155 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Resetsim would have been enough. If I deleted every Sim that gets stuck in party mode my town would be empty by now.

It feels more evil. >:3

Quote: Originally posted by NAJ P. Jackson
Why not just ask her to leave?

I tried, but she just wouldn't stop clapping so I couldn't do anything to make her leave.
#1156 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 10:30 PM
@Mingham Smith .. why is it seem to me disgusting that Larry sleeps in his socks and totally appropriate that the missus sleeps in her stockings?
#1157 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 10:32 PM
It feels more evil. >:3

I tried, but she just wouldn't stop clapping so I couldn't do anything to make her leave.

Meh .. lots of frosting takes some people that way .. they just can't help worshipping at the shrine of cake.
Top Secret Researcher
#1158 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
@Mingham Smith .. why is it seem to me disgusting that Larry sleeps in his socks and totally appropriate that the missus sleeps in her stockings?

Well, basically nobody can avoid looking awkward in nothing but underpants and a regular pair of socks. I admit, it's a deliberate costuming choice on my part. It makes screenshots that outfit appears in funnier, because as you point out it's not flattering at all.

That brings me onto a big part of the way I design sims: The most important thing to me in most cases is conveying a personality, not making them aesthetically pleasing. Larry Scumthorpe, for instance, is an over-the-top caricature of the sort of ruthless, greedy, slimy social climber that you love to hate, and so his outfits (particularly his sleepwear and his trademark leopard-print smoking jacket) are designed to look as awkward and tasteless as possible so you can immediately see the ridiculous, contemptible person he is. The same principles apply to his face, which owes more than a little to the sort of old-timey villain who ties damsels in distress to railroad tracks and is designed above all else to be expressive and well-suited to cartoonishly evil facial expressions.

He was actually my first ever TS3 sim, you know. Considering how much practice I've had making sims since then and how much CC I've accumulated, he and the other original Scumthorpes like Spurgin and Rick hold up shockingly well.

As for new thread content, earlier an Imaginary Friend doll teleported into a nursery to be nearer to small children, as they tend to do. Now, many people have pointed out the creepy, unsettling implications of those things lingering throughout their owner's life and becoming flesh-and-blood beings, myself included. But perhaps we're mistaken. Perhaps we're assuming the worst about an innocent little toy who just wants to love and be loved in return. Look at it, doesn't this picture just fill you with a sense of magic, joy and childhood nostalgia?

Why, yes, that's not ominous or sinister at all!
Lab Assistant
#1159 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 4:15 PM
So Hannah and her boss start to walk towards a double bed..

They get ready to...

Nap next to eachother. .__.

Do they do this on purpose?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#1160 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 4:25 PM
My sim couple was quite madly in love- rolling looking at the stars and getting married. Then the lady died. The man's heart was broken. How did he deal with his pain? He cleaned his house. ( He is not neat but his beloved did have the neat trait) Then he went to the kitchen and danced for hours upon hours.
Scholar
#1161 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 10:52 PM
I decided to try befriending a wild horse for the first time - it's HARD!! Anyway, my sim keeps stalking and chasing the horse and constantly gets in a taxi to follow it from lot to lot. Sometimes my sim gets to the lot in the taxi, but the horse has already moved. He gets into a different taxi and follows the horse some more.

Also, my sim very cautiously approaches the horse very quietly, and holds out his hand for a pet. After he pets the horse, he shouts and does very loud exclamations while pumping his fists around. Which seems that should totally freak out the horse...
Alchemist
#1162 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 4:25 PM
When they brake the shower or toilet or sink and when look at in then walk away.
when they try and get into the same side bed when someone is in that side.
when my dogs stare and growl at a dirty plate and will not stop doing it and then they get hungry and will not move away from looking at the dirty plate

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Lab Assistant
#1163 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 4:47 PM Last edited by Retarded_Pig : 5th Aug 2012 at 5:01 PM.
Hannah tried on a new look this morning. She calls it the EA FAIL. Yes Hannah, you're going to get a promotion wearing that.

Seriously though, this glitch is very worrying, as I don't have any decensor mods installed whatsoever. I hope she isn't stuck like that forever...

[Edit]
Seems her uniform is kind of corrupt, and when she changes into it her current clothes don't change, so when she took a shower before work she stayed naked.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#1164 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 10:54 PM
So recently, the Scumthorpes realised they all absolutely suck at housekeeping and hired Gerry, who has to be the most smug-looking, lecherous butler I've ever seen. Every time Kathryn was nearby, he'd inevitably pull a face like this and start leering and flirting away:

It was at this point that I knew exactly what had to be done.

Butler affair!

Hey, if you're stuck in a loveless, purely financially-motivated marriage to an aging sleazeball with multiple undiagnosed personality disorders and a questionable moustache, nobody's going to blame you for making out with the hired help just a bit, surely? Just keep things discreet and everything will turn out fi-

-Oh.

On the one hand, I should probably feel at least a bit bad about the sense of heartbreak and betrayal inevitably felt by anybody in this situation, along with the fact that a child just personally witnessed his own mother cheating. On the other hand, Sprog is a soulless abomination whose ability to feel anything other than rage, aggression and sadistic glee is questionable at best and AHAHAHAHAHA BEST LARRY EXPRESSION EVER

And so Larry Scumthorpe's second marriage came to an abrupt and ridiculous end. That's not hugely surprising, and at least nobody died this time around.

But what I was not prepared for was the single most nonchalant response to a divorce in the history of the universe:

"Eh, fuck it."

DON'T CARE, PLAYING TEMPEST

"...Erm, wow. Seriously? I mean... seriously? Damn, that's COLD."

And these aren't just coincidental pictures of funny expressions they made- I checked all their moodlets afterwards. Kathryn didn't get a negative breakup moodlet. Larry didn't get a negative breakup moodlet. Sprog didn't get Witnessed Betrayal despite being right there next to them. Even the babies didn't seem to care that their parents just suddenly left each other within the space of about 20 minutes, in a game where babies and toddlers normally have a bizarre psychic ability to detect this sort of thing and get mad about it. NOBODY in the entire Scumthorpe family gave a damn about this divorce.

Well, except for Carrie.

Carrie noticed. Carrie took such a mood hit from it that she instantly dropped into the red and continuously cried for the next 6 hours. When I hovered over her mood bar with the mouse, it didn't just say "miserable" or "uncomfortable." It said "depressed."

There are incompetent sims. There are evil sims. And then there are the sort of sims that inadvertently manage to give a baby depression.

QUALITY PARENTING
#1165 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 11:03 PM
Mingham .. I don't think it was the divorce, I think it was that rug ... I mean really ... It's even depressing me!
Instructor
#1166 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 1:04 PM Last edited by VampireSim : 6th Aug 2012 at 9:39 PM. Reason: added third picture
Well, growing up can be very strange and scary.

It's just the daily talk about love and s.e.x. and such . ...

Discover the neighborhood and meet friends ...
Test Subject
#1167 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 3:48 AM Last edited by Trizind : 7th Aug 2012 at 4:02 AM.
While my sim, Ali En, jogged through the park, a woman suddenly went in labour. The other sims present decided to do the sane thing and encircle the woman screaming.

After a while they all just stood there.

Look how happy she is!

Luckily my other sim, Sayna, having just finished her beat, did the responsible thing and brought her to the hospital.

By having the pregnant woman drive herself in her own car.

She left the hospital with her new baby girl before Sayna could even coo over her. What the hell? The least she could do was thank the girl who easily sat shotgun while her water broke.
Instructor
#1168 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 5:15 AM
If only I could live in a world where I can bang on a toilet with a hammer for a few hours and make it learn to clean itself.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Field Researcher
#1169 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 6:07 AM
I had a sim before when she got pregnant and time for her delivery, no taxi went to her house (she doesnt own a car) and she just ran all the way to the hospital by feet ! I am like. . what the......?

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Scholar
#1170 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 7:38 AM
I had all of my town's tourist sims all standing in the exact same place. They looked like a multiheaded beast from beyond. Then they all started singing Ping and His Checkers and the other songs at almost but not quite the same time. They may have been Chinese, French and Egyptian, but they looked like they were an incarnation of Vishnu.
Top Secret Researcher
#1171 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 6:06 PM
Me too! Twice. It happened in China. I reset them individually but next time I checked they were back. So I did an overall reset and that solved the problem permanently. At least it happened in a open central area. Now I get nervous when I get back to base camp and no one's there. I imagine them stuck in some tomb and I can't find them while they are transfixed by their own singing.
Inventor
#1172 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 6:08 AM
My Sims apartment got robbed, first time ever for that to happen. The cop comes and fight the robber. Then just stands there while the robber steals the television, he also for some reason stole the toilet. Then the robber seems to have gotten away. The cop just stands in the apartment for (literally) 24 hours. FINALLY, the bubble that tells the robber to wait by the car while he surveys the property came up. He finally talked to my Sim and said everything that was stolen was in family inventory.
Scholar
#1173 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 4:43 PM
I'm starting to hate coward sims. I had a meteor hit the house last night. All of the sims left the house because it was due to land right next to the house (In case you don't know.. the game gives you a warning before the meteor drops and then lets you zoom in on where it will go so you have enough time to run.)

Anyway, the meteor drops and everyone was mostly safe - but there was a fire on the second floor balcony as well as on the first floor. My coward sim passes out right in front of the door and I couldn't get the other adult sim in the house until I reset her and made her appear inside the house. She had to fight the HUGE fire alone while her husband was blocking the door and unconscious. His needs actually got so low from being immobile so long that I thought he was on fire at one point because his mood bar got so red. The toddler seemed fine and just picked his nose and played with his feet laughing the whole time.

Mom had the neat trait and dad was a slob, so after saving her house from the fire single handedly, she also cleaned the whole house while dad slept all day (being exhausted from passing out and not being able to get in bed) and then messed up the bathroom with his slob traits and broke all the plumbing -- did I mention mom was also the only handy person in the house?

If I could go back in time, I think I'd put dad right under the meteor hit and have him wait while mom and the toddler went out to the ice cream truck for a few hours.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#1174 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Me too! Twice. It happened in China. I reset them individually but next time I checked they were back. So I did an overall reset and that solved the problem permanently. At least it happened in a open central area. Now I get nervous when I get back to base camp and no one's there. I imagine them stuck in some tomb and I can't find them while they are transfixed by their own singing.
Oh yes, these songs are truly mesmersing. There was one of those Egyptian ladies who continuously sang "Under the Hot Desert Sun" to her toilet and prevented all Sims on the lot, including mine who were visitors, to use the bathroom, so that her family peed themselves and I had to send my Sims back to the base camp, which, btw, had been hit by a meteor the day before and so had no functional tents and kitchen area anymore.
Top Secret Researcher
#1175 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 9:51 PM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 9th Aug 2012 at 10:01 PM.
And now, a look back at an earlier period in the Scumthorpes' long and glorious history of being bizarre and terrible: Sprog's baby photos!

As I've previously demonstrated in places like the Sim Expressions and Emotions thread on the pictures board, baby Sprog had the uncanny ability to make otherwise cute and innocent toddler animations look shockingly unnerving purely through his inherent creepiness and limitless capacity for evil. But as time went by, I discovered that this ability wasn't just the result of a few fluke expressions and odd facial features, but ultimately extended to every single toddler action in the entire game.

For example:

That's not reading. That's plotting.

That's not pouting. That's a death threat.

That's not playing. That's showing off your latest murder implement.

and for the love of god that expression does not belong on a baby

One day, Spurgin managed to set himself on fire, and Sprog just sat there in his high chair, and watched, and laughed.

Because some babies aren't looking for anything logical, like love or care. They can't be bribed, scolded, reasoned, or negotiated with.

Some babies just want to watch the world burn.

no comment

...Oh, great, now he's Zombaby too or something.

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT

GODAMMIT SPROG

NOT THIS AGAIN

---------------------------------------------------

Also, for those of you interested in sim genetics, around the time I took these screenshots I also went into CAS with Sprog and briefly switched to Young Adult to see what he'd ultimately become. This is apparently what future Sprog will look like:

One the one hand, considering half his genetics come from Larry Scumthorpe he's surprisingly not outright hideous in this picture.

On the other hand, this music goes unsettlingly well with it...
Page 47 of 321