Replies: 2757 (Who?), Viewed: 303426 times.
Page 76 of 111
#1876 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 12:45 AM
I wonder if sims will be able to get hay fever in the summer? To be honest I am surprised that no sims got pet allergies in Pets ...
Forum Resident
#1877 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 1:13 AM
Oh dear, prepare for the attack of orange tans. One way or another, we're going to be seeing some Jersey Shore casts simmies.
Jersey Shore endorsed EP. Now that's some scary thought! D:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1878 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 2:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocobaura
Where can I see the giant makeover stations?

It's in Ambitions. It's an oversized 3x5 place where sims get everything done (hair and makeup), for a price. It's supposed to be a replacement for clothe shopping, combines with the salon chair from OFB. I'd rather the salon chair, and a 1x1 dressing room item, with deco clothes racks. Much more practical.

The only salon looking chair in the pack is for tattoos.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#1879 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 2:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
Just what we need, 4 more gnomes.

Actually according to SimVIP there will be 5 new gnomes.
Eminence Grise
#1880 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 2:55 AM
The tan is a SPRAY tan... based on what Mike tweeted. Which is why it's a booth, not a bed If you look in the screen you'll see nozzles.

And that's also how you can get the amusing failure states he mentioned.
#1881 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 2:59 AM
How is clicking the clothes rack, waiting for it to load, buying clothes, clicking the salon chair, waiting for it to load, and buying new hair more practical than clicking one object and doing it all at once?

Also I recall a very, very salon-y chair included with Ambitions. I remember using it to make little crappy salon scenes just to give myself ideas. Let me try and find them!
#1882 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 3:05 AM
Here they are! They're really awful, kind of looks like a thrift shop made a baby with a Fantastic Sams, but you get the idea. I made these when I saw those giant posters in Showtime.

I, for one, welcome our new tanning booth overlords. Stick a few in a side-off room and they're out of sight, out of mind. The best ambitions lots are loaded with unusable decor anyway, like the consignment store. :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1883 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 3:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WintertimeExplainer
How is clicking the clothes rack, waiting for it to load, buying clothes, clicking the salon chair, waiting for it to load, and buying new hair more practical than clicking one object and doing it all at once?

Also I recall a very, very salon-y chair included with Ambitions. I remember using it to make little crappy salon scenes just to give myself ideas. Let me try and find them!

What you described it "efficiency". Yes, having an all in one is faster, buy have forgotten how annoying it is having to build around MULTIPLE 3x5 objects, which is a waste of space. A salon chair would probably be a 2x2. Chuck it in front of a mirror (or vanity) and it's no problem. That's what salons look like. A clothing rack (even deco) can be plopped in a corner. A dressing room would be 1x1. 2 salon chairs and 2 dressing rooms equal the space of one item.

Now that I wrote that it's not so efficient: 4 Sims could use the chair and dressing room, 6 with an NCP. The all in one Pedestal? 1 sims and an NPC.

For speed, the giant mega-station is good for gameplay. Designing a lot, on the other hand, no.

The salon chair is for tattoos only. No hair and make-up.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1884 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 3:22 AM
This is what salons look like:

This is not:

#1885 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 3:25 AM
Quote:
Yes, having an all in one is faster, buy have forgotten how annoying it is having to build around MULTIPLE 3x5 objects, which is a waste of space.

Why do you need MULTIPLE 3x5 objects?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1886 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 3:27 AM
So more than 1 Sim can use them at a time. Of course I can chuck a random in a corner (I normally do), but should a sim want a makeover, they should be able to get one.

This is going to turn into a Live-Mode - Buy/Build mode debate.

#1887 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 3:37 AM
I don't think it's necessary to have more than one. I like to build regular salon seats (mirrors, sinks, hair products, etc) along two walls, and have one big makeover station on the far end, surrounded by clothing racks and dressers and stuff.

Anyway, the crux of this argument is you don't think the tanning booths are "practical". But they're definitely realistic. That's the same size the real ones are.

Also, for reference, you can do this, and it works. You just have to hide it in a false wall that extends one side of the salon two tiles out. And for further reference, it's 4x3.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1888 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 3:43 AM
That helps a lot, actually, should I chose to "hide" it, I'd like to plop down a hidden room marker (I'm all for quality), and have a portion of it go away, not just have a giant mirror hidden behind a wall lol

#1889 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 3:50 AM
Check out what I just threw together. I think this is a perfectly passable section of a salon/clothing store!

And it's fully functional!

Anyway, point is, the tanning booths are life-size.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1890 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 3:52 AM
They're still big as hell. I prefer a bed, but to each's own.

/rant

Eminence Grise
#1891 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 4:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
They're still big as hell. I prefer a bed, but to each's own.

/rant

Mod it Should be perfectly doable.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1892 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 4:55 AM
The only CC I get do without royally messing up is a wall, floor or terrain file.

#1893 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 5:06 AM
Speaking of, it would probably be absurdly easy for someone to cut the mirror and shelves out of the makeover station and throw it up on MTS!
Forum Resident
#1894 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 5:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByBeingStoned
Actually according to SimVIP there will be 5 new gnomes.

Alien gnome? :O
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1895 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 5:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WintertimeExplainer
Speaking of, it would probably be absurdly easy for someone to cut the mirror and shelves out of the makeover station and throw it up on MTS!

I've got meshing experience, but not anything major in regards to uploading to the Sims 3. I'd just have to delete the unneeded polygon faces. That's the easy part. Getting it back in would be the problem.

dodgy builder
#1896 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 3:50 PM
Is this happening now in 10 minutes or have I got the time wrong?
http://www.origin.com/gamescom/the-...ral-and-seasons
Theorist
#1897 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 3:56 PM Last edited by TMBrandon : 15th Aug 2012 at 4:19 PM.
You have the right time Volvenom, and for all those who can't make it today, I'm going to update my post with live notes from the chat!

NOTES: 4 minutes in, blah blah blah. Sims 3 Supernatural is up first. They're currently showing off the new sliders for colors, looks awesome! Yay Supernatural is over, time for seasons! They showed off the full moon, but it wasn't much honestly. Other than that it was alright, the biased Q+A is going on. Then it's seasons time, bowchickawowa
dodgy builder
#1898 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 4:10 PM
Hm Gypsy Caravan. Would like to see the translation for that lol
Scholar
#1899 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 4:11 PM
I'm trying to watch the bloody thing, and all it keeps doing is buffering - I'm getting static pictures, nothing moving. Keep refreshing and no go.. am not happy right now....

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#1900 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 4:21 PM
Anybody know when they might get to Seasons? I have no interest whatsoever in Supernatural and don't want to have to sit through that part of it.

I was hoping Seasons was first... =/

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Page 76 of 111