Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 10:23 PM
Patterns:

Terrain Paint:

New Objects:

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 10:25 PM
I'm confused - isn't that the same dumpster we already had, only red instead of, well, whatever dumpster-color is? (Some kind of dark blue or green or grey, I think)

Which is fine - given the added interactions and recolor-ability, it's still an improvement. But the object ITSELF isn't new, is it?
Mad Poster
#78 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 10:29 PM
It's a default replacement of the old. I recolored it. It has 3 channels: Bin, Lid and Grime. (RGB)

Field Researcher
#79 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 10:29 PM
UPDATE: Twallan user's may follow the progress of his mods for the update here:

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/State+of+the+Mod
Instructor
#80 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 10:44 PM
Update error: Invalid file.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Mad Poster
#81 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 10:47 PM
^Superpatch.

Scholar
Original Poster
#82 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by McChoclatey
Update error: Invalid file.

simsvip has the link for the superpatcher...thats what MANY of us had to do...
Instructor
#83 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 10:51 PM
Thanks!

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Theorist
#84 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 11:54 PM
The air conditioners and electric boxes look like the ones that came with Supernatural. Always thought it was weird how those were kept exclusive to that EP.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 12:09 AM
They "fixed" something? Oh god, they wouldn't dare do that would they?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
#86 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 12:22 AM
Steam updated despite me setting it to no auto updates . Contrary to info on NRaas website at least overwatch and story progression still working for me, that is, no crashes, but I guess we'll have new versions tomorrow.

I wonder if I should buy seasons now?
Mad Poster
#87 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 1:36 AM
Apparently, people managed to get roommates to work in the patch. I tried, and could not.

Field Researcher
#88 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 1:47 AM
I assume you were trying on a lot designated as "apartment"?

It would be surprising - nay, amazing even - if this patch were to come without bugs of its own.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 1:51 AM
We don't have apartments. It's an EP feature. I was trying to get a roommate like everyone else. You don't need an apartment for a roommate.

Field Researcher
#90 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 2:01 AM
Oh, not the patch thing with the lots that are designated "apartment" then.

Sorry, my mistake.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 2:18 AM
Wait, I'm confused. In another thread you said:

Quote:
So... I'm here... peering through the gameplay files, since this is the Uni patch:

Here are the official lot types, to alleviate speculation:

Residential
-Apartment (Yes, actual apartment lots. What they do, no idea, I'm still looking.)

Commercial
-Dormitory (University Only)
-Fraternity (University Only)
-Sorority (University Only)
-Student Union
-"Rebel Hangout"
-"University Hangout"
-Hobby/Nerd Shop
-Arcade
-Coffee Shop (a new lot, not a remake)
-"Group Science Park" (University Only)

So you were trying for "get a roommate" in a dormitory type lot then?

I've been concentrating on the whole apartment thing and how THAT is going to work. I guess that wouldn't be roommates per se. I guess I'm not surprised if trying to get a roommate in a dormitory designated lot outside of University Life might not work properly, but it's good information anyway.
Mad Poster
#92 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 2:22 AM
No. I was trying to just have a roommate. It's a separate function entirely.

Top Secret Researcher
#93 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 2:33 AM
I'm also excited about the prospect of officially-designated arcade lots- personally hoping that either the Store or someone with some knowledge of custom animations eventually releases a lightgun arcade machine and something roughly equivalent to DDR. And then that said objects are given plenty of reskins. Sims playing Time Crisis or House of the Dead and dancing around like idiots on arcade machines = brilliant.

Currently thinking about the new coffee shop assignment, though. Unlike the Showtime one, it isn't a rabbithole and has an interior. I anticipate plenty of builders having a field day making famous pop-culture coffee shops from TV shows in the near future.

...And by that I mean I'm really, really hoping for a TS3 version of Cafe Nervosa from Frasier. :P
Mad Poster
#94 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 2:43 AM
They could have just redone the old Coffeehouse and gave it more functionality. It's really stupid having a "Coffeehouse" and a "Coffeeshop", and coffeehouses don't require a rabbithold, that's just the way it was set up in Starlight Shores. It will function without it.

Forum Resident
#95 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
I'm also excited about the prospect of officially-designated arcade lots- personally hoping that either the Store or someone with some knowledge of custom animations eventually releases a lightgun arcade machine and something roughly equivalent to DDR. And then that said objects are given plenty of reskins. Sims playing Time Crisis or House of the Dead and dancing around like idiots on arcade machines = brilliant.

Love this idea. More for Sim Howard Wolowitz to do...

Quote:
Currently thinking about the new coffee shop assignment, though. Unlike the Showtime one, it isn't a rabbithole and has an interior. I anticipate plenty of builders having a field day making famous pop-culture coffee shops from TV shows in the near future.

...And by that I mean I'm really, really hoping for a TS3 version of Cafe Nervosa from Frasier. :P

Yeah, the best named TV coffee shop EVAH! So when will we see a Niles, Frasier, Martin, Daphne and Roz Sims frequenting Nervosa...?
Eminence Grise
#96 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Apparently, people managed to get roommates to work in the patch. I tried, and could not.

You have a link for this, Matrix?

I see the new door locking functions are in the patch (can lock doors for arbitrary household sims... though as has been pointed out, that's been available with mods for a long time). But I do not see any "get a roommate" interactions on phone, computer or sims.

Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
I'm also excited about the prospect of officially-designated arcade lots-

Currently thinking about the new coffee shop assignment, though. Unlike the Showtime one, it isn't a rabbithole and has an interior.

This isn't a patch feature, is it? Not seeing these lot types. Hidden in the code and not yet functional?
Alchemist
#97 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 3:13 AM
Does anyone know what differences there are in the new fog emitter versus the old?
Top Secret Researcher
#98 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
This isn't a patch feature, is it? Not seeing these lot types.

No, that was just in response to the information about new lot types in the game files. Arcades and coffee shops aren't here yet, but once they are I see plenty of scope for builders to try new things with them.
Scholar
Original Poster
#99 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
You have a link for this, Matrix?

I see the new door locking functions are in the patch (can lock doors for arbitrary household sims... though as has been pointed out, that's been available with mods for a long time). But I do not see any "get a roommate" interactions on phone, computer or sims.

This isn't a patch feature, is it? Not seeing these lot types. Hidden in the code and not yet functional?

someone posted pics here

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647963.page
Mad Poster
#100 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 3:40 AM
Ooo, new tile. :lovestruc

Ha, told people on the forums that the coffee shop would have it's own designation. I have ideas to make it have a stage and all, want to get rid of the RH one. From the information posted here, I will have a field day creating new lots and making space for Sunset Valley. Wheeee!!! :D

I am ready to pull my regular game folder and have the game create a vanilla folder just to play this out. Exciting information on the roommate deal.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 4 of 11