Locked thread | Replies: 23017 (Who?), Viewed: 1203437 times.
Page 183 of 921
Instructor
#4551 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 10:49 PM Last edited by Bandon : 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:03 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by himawara106
Everyday I read news about Sims 4 I think it's april fools' day and the jokes are so bad.


It's to the point now that when someone makes a post like "A guru said bill paying animations aren't in the game, they ran out of time and it was a low priority. So the bills are just automatically deducted from your family's funds." I'm just sitting, looking at the screen, thinking is this real or this a joke post. You literally can't even tell the real from the joke posts anymore! wth. That's how messed up TS4 is looking without any live gameplay to make things clear. I'm expecting anything under the sun next week.

-"No hospitals. Your sims just drive off the edge of the map to go to a pretend hospital" Oh... ok. Really? Or is this a joke?
-"Other non-played sim families don't reproduce and continue their family line" Is this real? Or just a mix up?
-"Child adoption." Is that still in the game?

I'm starting to question if even basic stuff that the Sims 2 and 3 did are in this game. EA please give us some live gameplay.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpedentum
There's something I don't understand, I think a guru said school-bound sims will just walk of the lot, "like they used to in TS2" but I don't think this even happened in the base game. Unless you specified otherwise (walking/lift in a parent's car) in EPs, there was a schoolbus from day 1...


This is what I mean lol. So there's no school bus for kids anymore? Or were they just using a figure of speech in "walk off the lot"?
Field Researcher
#4552 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
Random question for Story Progression fans: What does it add to your gameplay? I'm one of those rotational micro-managers, meaning I don't want my potential playables going off and having lives without my say-so.

I've tried, however, to play TS3 (several times) and the most recent time I tried to give SP via NRAAS a shot. It seemed like the end result was that I just got a ton of annoying notifications about what various Sims were getting up to.

(Yes, I know they can be turned off, but do you guys mostly leave all those notifications on?)

So aside from those notifications, what's the benefit? Is it seeing the random outcomes that occur?

If so, could that be where they thought they were going with "weirder stories?"

WAIT! BEFORE YOU CLICK DISAGREE...

...well, you can click it all you want, but I really do want to know how SP'ers incorporate it into their gameplay.


I wouldn't say it's the random outcomes that I enjoy. Quite the opposite actually - I like that Nraas SP makes all the developments in my sims' lives seem very sensible, and well-suited to their traits. EA SP is a nonsense - I do feel I really need the mod for this. For me the appeal is being able to keep in touch with what's going on in the lives with my inactive sims, and trusting that those things will make sense for them. I mainly keep my legacy family as my active family, but I am very attached to the other sims in my neighbourhoods because I have made most of them (or their parents, grandparents, etc.). I love watching the neighbourhood develop over generations - finding out what jobs everyone will get, who they'll marry, what friendships they'll make, and what their children will be like. SP even lets me name their children, which makes me feel more involved in their lives and also to chose names that reflect the parents' cultural heritage

I can imagine the pop-ups might get boring if I didn't feel that personal connection to each of the sims in my town, but then I would probably just customize the options only to report on blood relatives. As it is, I want to know what everyone is up to! The only pop-ups I block are the existing flirts/relationships (because I'm only interested in new information) and the skills stuff (because I really don't care about that).
Instructor
#4553 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG
Please tell me someone here works on Broadway...


I work on Broadway. But not in theater.

(I'm as helpful as a Guru! - Sorry Graham)

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Forum Resident
#4554 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:15 PM
How are we not supposed to worry about this game??

What a hot mess.
Instructor
#4555 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
Random question for Story Progression fans: What does it add to your gameplay? I'm one of those rotational micro-managers, meaning I don't want my potential playables going off and having lives without my say-so.
I've tried, however, to play TS3 (several times) and the most recent time I tried to give SP via NRAAS a shot. It seemed like the end result was that I just got a ton of annoying notifications about what various Sims were getting up to.
(Yes, I know they can be turned off, but do you guys mostly leave all those notifications on?)
So aside from those notifications, what's the benefit? Is it seeing the random outcomes that occur?


In Twallan's SP mod I turned notifications off for everyone but friends and family. And some specific things I even turned if so it was only family. I'm not a rotation player and I don't know how you guys do it. I just get one family, usually around 2 to 4 people. And if it accidentally get's to more than 4 people in the family they start to wear me out. People setting things on fire, getting abducted by aliens, having alien babies, electrocuting themselves, getting fired from their jobs, forgetting to pay bills, falling into depressive episodes after the repoman comes. No, one family, 4 people or under is what I can handle. More than that is just confusing and stressful. A long round of applause for people who can do rotational gameplay. But with Twallan's SP manager I can see what the friends of the family are up to and what's going on in their lives. It's really cool. It makes the world feel alive.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4556 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:17 PM
Does no grocery store really mean no grocery shopping? Remember TS1 Unleashed. There also was a gardener spawned by the market stand and you could buy groceries either from him directly or from the stand, IIRC. So, unless the gardeners in TS4 are pure deco (again), they might have a use for this. You could also buy seeds and sell your own produce, and as the rabbitholes are no more maybe you can learn gardening from them, too.
Mr. Guru, say Yes! for a change.
Test Subject
#4557 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Babilon
Does no grocery store really mean no grocery shopping? Remember TS1 Unleashed. There also was a gardener spawned by the market stand and you could buy groceries either from him directly or from the stand, IIRC. So, unless the gardeners in TS4 are pure deco (again), they might have a use for this. You could also buy seeds and sell your own produce, and as the rabbitholes are no more maybe you can learn gardening from them, too.
Mr. Guru, say Yes! for a change.

You can cry on my shoulder when EA mercilessly disappoints you.
Test Subject
#4558 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon
It's to the point now that when someone makes a post like "A guru said bill paying animations aren't in the game, they ran out of time and it was a low priority. So the bills are just automatically deducted from your family's funds." I'm just sitting, looking at the screen, thinking is this real or this a joke post. You literally can't even tell the real from the joke posts anymore! wth. That's how messed up TS4 is looking without any live gameplay to make things clear. I'm expecting anything under the sun next week.

-"No hospitals. Your sims just drive off the edge of the map to go to a pretend hospital" Oh... ok. Really? Or is this a joke?
-"Other non-played sim families don't reproduce and continue their family line" Is this real? Or just a mix up?
-"Child adoption." Is that still in the game?

I'm starting to question if even basic stuff that the Sims 2 and 3 did are in this game. EA please give us some live gameplay.

Edit:


This is what I mean lol. So there's no school bus for kids anymore? Or were they just using a figure of speech in "walk off the lot"?

So true. The game is just a total joke at this point, I literally giggle when the gurus so graciously provide me with more disappointment because it's so damn laughable that a big company would produce this trash.
Mad Poster
#4559 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon
In Twallan's SP mod I turned notifications off for everyone but friends and family. And some specific things I even turned if so it was only family. I'm not a rotation player and I don't know how you guys do it. I just get one family, usually around 2 to 4 people. And if it accidentally get's to more than 4 people in the family they start to wear me out. People setting things on fire, getting abducted by aliens, having alien babies, electrocuting themselves, getting fired from their jobs, forgetting to pay bills, falling into depressive episodes after the repoman comes. No, one family, 4 people or under is what I can handle. More than that is just confusing and stressful. A long round of applause for people who can do rotational gameplay. But with Twallan's SP manager I can see what the friends of the family are up to and what's going on in their lives. It's really cool. It makes the world feel alive.


I turn off most notifications until the family is in the 2nd generation then I turn on family and blood. I don't use all the story extras either. My sims are lively and funny enough, the personality stuff gets in the way. I don't want to play several families and yes I would love the others in the world would live on without my input, but I forgot the game has the ability to add family members if I don't play them. That will work for some things, but still wish for a SP. I am a lazy simmer. *nods head in shame*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#4560 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:31 PM
Even though I have some serious issues with TS3, you'll be prying those discs from my cold dead hands before I give them up at this stage.
Lab Assistant
#4561 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
Let's see. TS4 base game has no:

- Toddlers
- Pools
- CAST
- Open world
- Lots larger than 50x50
- Shopping for clothing or groceries
- Cars, or any need for any kind of transportation system whatsoever
- Lots higher than 3 levels
- Terrain sculpting
- Ability to choose which structures on a lot have a foundation and which don't
- Ability to edit any of the public spaces
- Story progression
- Different heights for teens and adults
- Basements
- Cutscenes
- Decent amount of lots/NPCs in a world
.)


But instead we are getting emotions and loading screens at every turn. No wonder they don't want to show any gameplay. The ones still holding out hope won't be able to continue with their denial once they see how limited S4 is.
Field Researcher
#4562 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:44 PM
I think this is what happened:

- EA were planning TS4 as a Life Stories lite online game where other people occupied the other 4 neighbourhood houses and we could all visit eachother and talk etc.
- EA decided that we only needed adults & children like in TS1 so only made those.
- All the ditched content was never going to be in the game from the start, because of the online aspect for "performance"
- When SimCity flopped, EA scrapped this whole concept and had to start again
- But EA being the greedy shits they are, decided not to start again and started building a new game from this online game shell
- They had to create lifestages, so made Adults/Teens/Elders all look the same, and got the TS2 baby mesh and painted it on.
- The Emotions aspect was made the new marketing focus as the game had fuck all else due to the main aspect being ditched
- Now, we are left with an empty shell of a game. A game with it's core ripped out (online) and now we are left with a half-baked game lacking in so many features.
Forum Resident
#4563 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:44 PM Last edited by rodrigues : 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:16 AM.
@SimGuruGraham

Graham, forgive me for what I am about to say, but the ideia of being able to talk to one person involved with the game production is pretty incredible. You are probably not going to feel comfortable responding, but I hope you are reading it, just so I can know I was able to express my feelings to one of the team.

HONEST, LONG POST INSIDE...

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4564 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:47 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:45 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funbox
You can cry on my shoulder when EA mercilessly disappoints you.
No worries, they already disappointed me last year and so far haven't shown me anything that will change this.

----
Here's a nice article by Rock, Paper, Shotgun, btw. Maybe not to everyone's liking but equally sobered.

Pretty quote:
Quote:
It has a robust yet fluid Build mode and enjoys social engagements, but it cannot plan a pool party because it’s incapable of building a pool. Observe.

No pools (or toddlers), and yet it can build rocketships in its shed and grow giant carnivorous plants. It’s as if this particular architect showed up to a building site without any blueprints but hoped it could distract everyone with a comedy tie, or by doing a kerrazy dance.
Field Researcher
#4565 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:55 PM
Excellent post Rodrigues! You summed up all my feelings quite perfectly there.
Scholar
#4566 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:00 AM
I'm honestly shocked that people are still continuing to pre-order this game despite all the recent news.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Field Researcher
#4567 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:01 AM
Logging off now for the night and I'm totally expecting to wake up to "CAS has been taken out of TS4 for performance reasons" ...
Mad Poster
#4568 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigues
@SimGuruGraham

Graham, forgive me for what I am about to say, but the ideia of being able to talk to one person involved with the game production is pretty incredible. You are probably not going to feel comfortable responding, but I hope you are reading it just so I can know I was able to express my feelings to one of the team.

HONEST, LONG POST INSIDE...



Mad Poster
#4569 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:06 AM
Got my response about obtaining seeds: https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...471984412045313


Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#4570 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:10 AM
You can order "things"?

I suppose we can find a melon, ground beef, and apples in our mailbox then? For the love of cock, just answer the goddamn question, for cock's sake! Can we order seeds or not?
Destroyer of Worlds
staff: administrator
#4571 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigues
...snip



Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Instructor
#4572 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigues
*snip*

Halleujah!
Lab Assistant
#4573 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:14 AM
i just found out that theres no swimwear too, which makes sense because there's no pools.

I bet that this game won't reach 2 GB of space lol.
Instructor
#4574 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:19 AM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:31 AM.
2GB is unrealistic. 2KB maybe; the game could probably fit on half a floppy disk.
Test Subject
#4575 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:21 AM
I miss Will Wright Imagine how fantastic TS4 could be if only he were there directing it. EA logic: "Okay, TS1 and TS2 were a massive success. Let's throw out all of it's producers and hire a completely new staff to produce a poorer quality game."
I think Will Wright had this vision of what a proper life simulation game should be: realistic, but treading somewhat on the fantastical side. Fun, inviting, yet raw and real at the same time. I know Rachel Franklin said they're trying hard not to deviate from his original concept, but all I see is them taking that vision and throwing it into the mud - carelessly sacrificing important content, quality, and continuing to make excuses for being lazy and greedy. I'm sure the gurus mean well, granted they're on EA's tight leashes, but all TS4 seems to me is one big mockery to an otherwise empiric franchise with so much potential wasted.
Locked thread
Page 183 of 921
Back to top