Locked thread | Replies: 23017 (Who?), Viewed: 1204625 times.
Page 334 of 920
Lab Assistant
#8326 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jendra9311
I'm curious. How many of you guys genuinely would have been ok with them delaying the launch again? I know I wouldn't! They already delayed it once, annouced it and left us in the dark for months.... And with all the stuff you (ok, we) want added, I could easily see it being pushed back by a year if they did.

Would you really, honestly, be ok with that?

Edit: "agree" = I'd be ok "disagree" I wouldn't.
If you don't feel like a detailed reply.

Knowing what we know now? I would be more than okay with it, I would be glad. I would have been happy if their response to the Simcity fiasco was to adjust the Sims Olympus product to be the Sims Online, and then released a proper Sims 4 in late 2015 or 2016. But no, they had to panic and throw out what they'd spent years working on, only to deliver a stripped down version of the product they think we want in only fraction of the time.
Field Researcher
#8327 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candacis
A delay would improve the game, of course. But would the make more money, because of a delay? Apparantly, they don't think so. I don't know, if they are right. The game will sell no matter what. Lots of people will buy this game and not even know toddlers and pools are cut. They are seeing the sims brand and are buying it. EA only needs a somewhat good press and this you can buy, too. If the expansions and premium content will be successful, that is a whole other question.

That's why I fully expect pools (and toddlers if the game engine allows it) to be in the first expansion pack. To get all the people currently rejecting TS4 on their account.

Once pools and toddlers are back in, the rest of TS4 series will probably sell fine. If they're smart (debateable) they'll pay a lot more attention to the fans this time around though.

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Top Secret Researcher
#8328 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
I was thinking about it last night, and... man, I am really saddened that the open world is gone. I know the compartmentalized world is probably for performance or whatever but...

As for me I hate progression being gone. The way I play the game is always generational, with parents kicking out some of their children so that they can get a life: get married, have kids etc. And have them over once in a while for maybe Gift Giving day or Turkey Day.

But no. In Sims 4, kicking them out means sentencing them to the wall. They wont get married. They wont have kids. They will be a Night Watch until they are old and died knowing nothing.
Field Researcher
#8329 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
As for me I hate progression being gone. The way I play the game is always generational, with parents kicking out some of their children so that they can get a life: gets married, have kids etc. And have them over once in a while for maybe Gift Giving day or Turkey Day.

But no. In Sims 4, kicking them out means sentencing them to the wall. They wont get married. They wont have kids. They will be a Night Watch until they are old and die. And know nothing.

You could switch households for one sim day, fast track them a marriage and have a baby, then go back to your regular family. That way you can watch your grandkids grow up.

It's not as dynamic, they don't do as much by themselves, but it avoids a lot of the messed up stuff happening like in TS3 - on one family, my toddler just decided to up and leave the neighbourhood. I'd rather go on every now and then and make them have a kid than risk that again.

Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Mad Poster
#8330 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:11 PM
Quote:
I'm curious. How many of you guys genuinely would have been ok with them delaying the launch again? I know I wouldn't! They already delayed it once, annouced it and left us in the dark for months.... And with all the stuff you (ok, we) want added, I could easily see it being pushed back by a year if they did.

Would you really, honestly, be ok with that?

Edit: "agree" = I'd be ok "disagree" I wouldn't.
If you don't feel like a detailed reply.

I'm a classic Doctor Who fan. I'd been waiting for The Web Of Fear since 1991 and they only found (most of) it last year. If I know I'm going to get something good, I can wait years. So yes, I would be perfectly OK with a delayed launch.
Top Secret Researcher
#8331 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:12 PM
Quote:
You could switch households for one sim day, fast track them a marriage and have a baby, then go back to your regular family. That way you can watch your grandkids grow up.

It's not as dynamic, they don't do as much by themselves, but it avoids a lot of the messed up stuff happening like in TS3 - on one family, my toddler just decided to up and leave the neighbourhood. I'd rather go on every now and then and make them have a kid than risk that again.

I rather it being random. So that I can disapprove of their choices of wives and plan to secretly poison them later after Turkey Day.

Also: Twallan mod helps in managing immigration and emigration. You should check it out.
Field Researcher
#8332 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:14 PM
I don't have TS3 - that was on my boyfriend's game. After that I pretty much gave up on the game and went back to TS2 there were plenty of other things wrong as well, but losing my sims? Too far.

Alchemist
#8333 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
Only if that was because they had started over, and not just spent the extra year trying to salvage a single player game from some discarded online one. As it is, if they suddenly found themselves with an extra year, they might have time to add toddlers, and make some more cake machines - oh and some aeroplane VFX for the sky, but unless they went back and completely redesigned the game,, it's still going to be small hoods in a small semi-open world, without a color wheel.

And they could start from scratch. It's not like they haven't made Sims games before.
Instructor
#8334 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:27 PM
No, no. Those weren't Sims games - they were social experiments funded by the Government to- wait, hold on, who are you? WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT LLAMA?

No but in all seriousness, my feels are see-sawing from one end of the spectrum to the other constantly.
When I was younger (ahhh, those were the days *rocks in chair*) I was super excited for Sims 2 and 3 to come out... now I'm just apprehensive.
I guess I just want to feel excited again but gosh darnit EA is making it very hard.

I also wish they would actually post!more because by-golly things have been silent over there since the whole "Boobs-McGee" debacle on Twitter.
At the moment it's sort of like going to a really bad strip-club because all we're getting is the build up and no reward. Don't look at me like that, I don't know how strip clubs work .
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8335 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by applefeather2
And they could start from scratch. It's not like they haven't made Sims games before.

That's why I want them to spit this one out and have done with it, then use the revenue to get on with making a proper sims game.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8336 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
Only if that was because they had started over, and not just spent the extra year trying to salvage a single player game from some discarded online one. As it is, if they suddenly found themselves with an extra year, they might have time to add toddlers, and make some more cake machines - oh and some aeroplane VFX for the sky, but unless they went back and completely redesigned the game,, it's still going to be small hoods in a small semi-open world, without a color wheel.

I'd be willing to give small hoods, semi-open world, and no CAST a try if there were bigger selling points than emotions, multitasking, and adjustable butt size. And 3D curbs. But with so many things cut down (build mode especially, I am not a builder but I am so sad for them!) or just missing entirely, I just don't see the point in TS4 even being a thing. Certainly not a "finished" thing. It really feels like we're getting the first glimpses of a game that is a year or two out from release, not a few months.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#8337 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:42 PM
Quote:
It really feels like we're getting the first glimpses of a game that is a year or two out from release, not a few months.

Officially, it's about 6 weeks from now.

Yeah, they'd better be working 'round the clock to produce this 'game'.

I rather suspect it's halfway if not all the way to the 'gold' status and getting close to finished. Then we'll see how it is.
Field Researcher
#8338 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:16 PM
SO I finally got the demo... here's my new sims:

Tbh, it was kinda hard to create them. There are alot of sliders but its really hard to find them.
Inventor
#8339 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:17 PM
I would be fine with it being held back, because let's face it, with all the gaping holes in basic functions in this base game, I just cannot fathom how it can ever support a load of EP's /DLC and from the half arsed way everything that could have been awesome was implemented in 3...nah.. Why should they bother? The new customers are not going to be any the wiser
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#8340 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:22 PM
Quote:
I'd be willing to give small hoods, semi-open world, and no CAST a try if there were bigger selling points than emotions, multitasking, and adjustable butt size. And 3D curbs. But with so many things cut down (build mode especially, I am not a builder but I am so sad for them!) or just missing entirely, I just don't see the point in TS4 even being a thing. Certainly not a "finished" thing. It really feels like we're getting the first glimpses of a game that is a year or two out from release, not a few months.

I remember being so optimistic seeing that damn tram, thinking we'd get actual mass transit for the first time in Sims history... Actual game play innovation! But then they started to roll the No Can Do train on everything, and at this point the cup just looks pretty empty.
Not enough game play innovation to compensate for the removal of old and basic features, and reducing of scale so darn much! We haven't even seen the worlds or game play in action to determine if they have created more dense simulation on a smaller area... I just don't have much faith in that.
They sure have increased interactiveness on some aspects, but by brutally cutting Major features left and right! It seems like we can't get both good old stuff AND innovation on top, it's either one or the other! Cut three old things in order to add one new thing...
Top Secret Researcher
#8341 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:52 PM
I'd wait a year longer for a game instead of pay for it through EPs and patches.

But a delay won't happen. Someone mentioned September being around an important economic quarter. Shareholders are prepared for the profit TS4 will bring in. There are more powerful factors at play than fansites whining and petitioning.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Field Researcher
#8342 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 2:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisuka
I remember being so optimistic seeing that damn tram, thinking we'd get actual mass transit for the first time in Sims history... Actual game play innovation! But then they started to roll the No Can Do train on everything, and at this point the cup just looks pretty empty.

Yeah, as I recall, that tram appeared in the very first screenshot I saw of TS4. The tram was a great source of intrigue and optimism at the time. Well... so much for that!
Forum Resident
#8343 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:32 PM Last edited by chreai : 15th Jul 2014 at 5:00 PM.
Adding to the discussion of a delay, I would be all for it as well, if it means we would get the features we are missing. However, I agree with Inge that it still would not be the game we want it to be unless they scrap the project entirely and rebuild from the bottom up. As it stands, I will not be buying this game and will happily stick with TS3 for the next five years so that I can have my open world, story progression, toddlers, pools, CASt and minimal loading screens.

But, for the rest of you, I found an article that elaborates slightly on the features of TS4. Whether or not it contains new information, I'll let you decide: http://www.gamesradar.com/8-awesome...demoing-sims-4/

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#8344 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:35 PM
Speaking of delays...

Still no word on this supposed "15 minutes of gameplay footage," eh?
Top Secret Researcher
#8345 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
Careers Mod- http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers+Phase+Fifteen

I haven't played the University world since this mod was updated to Uni and MargaretPendragon's Uni RH rugs. All my sims live at home, get married, have babies, while going to a community college. There are a few uploaded here and you can find others in the community, especially by MySimsRealty.

You can find the unlocked student welcome table and group science project items here too.

Excellente! Now I'm planning to build a base neighborhood based on univeristy. I never looked at the Career mod before because I mistakenly believed all it did was make custom rabbit hole careers possible. Woot. Now I can run a slutty college town full time. Let's see TS4 do that!

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Forum Resident
#8346 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:44 PM
Just to let everybody know. these are the ONLY countries getting the demo cas invitations

Soif you are from Argentina like me, we don't exist for EA. Just our money does.

Hope that when the cas becomes available it's for everybody, not only these listed up here.
Mad Poster
#8347 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chick
A recorder for kids to play would be good but I'm not holding too much hope for wind instruments in Sims 4

This would have been a new idea, something to draw from in creating future EPs, either has a kid pack with new skills or music pack. This series seriously have missed the boat about giving the fans something new to look forward to. Considering Sims 3 and the Sims 4 team is practically the same, there's no surprise in that regard. *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
But no. In Sims 4, kicking them out means sentencing them to the wall. They wont get married. They wont have kids. They will be a Night Watch until they are old and died knowing nothing.

You have won all my internet, cause I see what did there and approve.

Quote:

Yep! I understand the concept of a base game but cutting out major, regular sims game features doesn't give an old, hardcore simmer much to look forward too. This screams predictability what is coming out in the future, at least how the cut out features will be introduced back in the game and again I am forced to compare with Sims 3. It's BS, cut everything out that simmers want and profit later through EPs or premium content in the store. Total BS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisuka
Not enough game play innovation to compensate for the removal of old and basic features, and reducing of scale so darn much! We haven't even seen the worlds or game play in action to determine if they have created more dense simulation on a smaller area... I just don't have much faith in that.
They sure have increased interactiveness on some aspects, but by brutally cutting Major features left and right! It seems like we can't get both good old stuff AND innovation on top, it's either one or the other! Cut three old things in order to add one new thing...

Big problem about that concept, haven't seen anything new. Means something that never been in the series before, not skipped a past series and brought back to this series. I don't know what to say about this team anymore. I know you all love and abide by every word when they come in this site but OMG, I am so disappointed by what has been released and will be close to skipping their posts with my fingers in my ears, singing la la la la! No disrespect but I don't feel respected either with what we have learned now. I will stay quiet anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycowlover
I'd wait a year longer for a game instead of pay for it through EPs and patches.

But a delay won't happen. Someone mentioned September being around an important economic quarter. Shareholders are prepared for the profit TS4 will bring in. There are more powerful factors at play than fansites whining and petitioning.

Always an instant profit in the past, why it won't be a profit now? I really do hope that the numbers are low and make the company scramble to correct the Sims 4, but I highly doubt it. Just a lot of wishful thinking on my part.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Banned
#8348 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgothika
Just to let everybody know. these are the ONLY countries getting the demo cas invitations

Soif you are from Argentina like me, we don't exist for EA. Just our money does.

Hope that when the cas becomes available it's for everybody, not only these listed up here.

hola hermana
Instructor
#8349 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgothika

My country is on that list and still no CAS demo invite for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
Always an instant profit in the past, why it won't be a profit now? I really do hope that the numbers are low and make the company scramble to correct the Sims 4, but I highly doubt it. Just a lot of wishful thinking on my part.

A month ago I would have hoped EA would be investing in fixing the game with amazing EPs or patches.... but the list of things wrong with it is so long, and they've already been working on this offline version for years.... that I believe nothing short of giving up and moving resources fully over to TS5 will get us the next-gen game we actually wanted. I can totally imagine EA half-assing TS4 resources, while half-assing TS5 resources - which should be starting development in SEPTEMBER!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Field Researcher
#8350 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:13 PM
I'm not entirely sure if this is the right thread for this - I know it's not really news about TS4. For testing purposes, I made a default replacement of the blue skin tone in the game, changing the blue for a purple color. It shows that default replacement mods can be made for things like skin. Hopefully replacements could be made to fix issues with some of the darker skin tones lacking warmth and some of the eye colors being too similar (there are two greens and two blues that are almost identical to each other).

Obviously this isn't the same as adding new skin tones or eye or hair colors, but it's a (small) start.
Locked thread
Page 334 of 920