Locked thread | Replies: 23017 (Who?), Viewed: 1198038 times.
Page 613 of 921
Top Secret Researcher
#15301 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:01 PM
Random thoughts: I know it's hard for a team of game designers and devs to create a game that everyone would want to play. But at this point it feels like a game a lot of us *don't* want to play at all (speaking for myself, anyway).

I'm wondering where the bad decisions came from and if it could be pinned 100% on restricted time, instead of terrible decisions from some shoddy statistics they gathered somewhere. I mean. There had to be *someone* *somewhere* on that team that said "I think we're cutting too many features out".

*sigh*

Anywho, again I offer nothing in return. Just my inner monologue. The more I read what they're doing with this game the more I get numbed. Thanks a lot, EACare.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#15302 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:04 PM
Mumty I'm pretty sure that's just a quick test of build tools by some Sim Camper, who quickly put together some house.
Field Researcher
#15303 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisuka
Mumty I'm pretty sure that's just a quick test of build tools by some Sim Camper, who quickly put together some house.

Well they need to take an interior design course.
Test Subject
#15304 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon
I kind of liked the variation of light and dark in TS3. Or maybe I'm too just used to it by now. For example this image? *heavy breathing* I love scenes like this in TS3 lol.

[...]

images from http://simsontherope.tumblr.com/ (he's also done some TS4 cas mods)
I like the brightness level in these TS4 shots, but the scene looks flat. Like there aren't enough shadows in the corners, nooks, crevices, etc.

Just to clarify, these screens have been edited, especially for contrasts, and I also use a lighting mod.

But yep, i'm agree about the lack of shadows on the interior screenshots. We just have to wait for a sims 4 lighting mod !

And thanks lumialover for the body hair, they look nice in the CAS.

Lab Assistant
#15305 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:12 PM
Finished a ligher version of the body hair.. I tried doing different colours/combinations but it all ended up crashing so unfortunately there's only one style, the full body, and it's black.

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0...SUg4NFlOU0wtdG8
It's Lumialover_bodyhairlight_full_black.package on my drive.
Field Researcher
#15306 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:16 PM
Seriously, great job.
Instructor
#15307 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'm already noticing a lot of sameface happening with sims - I see a lot of TS4 sims made with the demo in scrolling through my Tumblr dash, and unless they're wildly weird looking, they all just look pretty much the same. I've seen a couple sort of vaguely-reminiscent-of-the-person celeb-sims, but none I'd really class as anything like a great likeness. Mostly it's like, "Oh, yeah, I guess I can sort of see it. Could be his brother. If you squint. A lot."

I cannot tell you how little I am looking forward to moderating the TS4 "other" sims section here, cos honestly, unless they're a freakish monster Imma just go "Yep, that sure is a TS4 sim, you betcha," and run out of the thread the other way.

Yep

To me creating a sim has become into picking a preset and tweaking it a bit since the game doesn't allow you to do much with some presets
In sims 3 we had pudding sims, in sims 4 we have the same prettyface, well, at lest it's not pudding
Instructor
#15308 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:28 PM
Now, who's gonna "fill" that bulge first?
Lab Assistant
#15309 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:29 PM
I kind of feel like in the CAS Demo, the texture on the nose for men looks kind of weird. Is it just me? I see this texture mishap were the nostril is. I think I'm just being petty?

The new Create-A-Sim is definitely an improvement.

http://i.imgur.com/ZM6KgPa.png
Forum Resident
#15310 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumialover8
Thank you GuySim ^_^

OT, but I'm a huge fan of your design work on Behance. I'm an aspiring graphic designer as well Hope I can be as good as you, haha!

I really want to show some screenshots of the body hair on a couple of my Sims, but it seems like I'm having some trouble in regards to getting the body hair to show up in my game for some strange reason. :S

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Theorist
#15311 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:33 PM
Quote:
Finished a ligher version of the body hair.. I tried doing different colours/combinations but it all ended up crashing so unfortunately there's only one style, the full body, and it's black.

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0...SUg4NFlOU0wtdG8
It's Lumialover_bodyhairlight_full_black.package on my drive.

Shorten the recolor name. All mine were crashing until I did something short like lovcat_shirtFOB (instead of lovcat_shirtFallOutBoy) or something like that. I had the same issue.

Try Lumialover_BHlght_fBlk. Something like that in the name. (not file name, recolor name)

Edit - and each recolor needs a new recolor name so you have to repeat the process not just clone it. if it keeps crashing then we have to wait for that to be fixed, but it fixed my crashes.

If that makes ANY sense at all. I'm tired and starving so.. brain no do good.
Mad Poster
#15312 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:45 PM
Quote:
well den...

reminds me of the bug in Sims 2 where you can stretch the sliders past its limit by selecting a preset of another part of a Sim's face haha

Well, looks like we'll be able to bypass the slider limits then.
Not that I know what the limits are like, seeing as I still don't have a demo or anything.
Field Researcher
#15313 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:50 PM
Am I right to assume with the removal of Story progression from TS4 to keep World timelines on track, you will need to play rotation style game play or play with no ageing on?
Or you will end up with an situation like this for example, your Grand Children going to school with the same child you were at school two generations ago?
Test Subject
#15314 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:50 PM Last edited by Simsontherope : 11th Aug 2014 at 12:48 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCoo
To me creating a sim has become into picking a preset and tweaking it a bit since the game doesn't allow you to do much with some presets

I think we already have plenty of possibility to create diversified sims ! Since we won't be able to add new sliders, maybe we can create new presets. It's just a new way to create Sims

I can show you some sims that I created, based on some of my Sims 3, if you if you want to get an idea of ​​the possibilities.

And some others !

Theorist
#15315 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:52 PM
^

Yeah, the thing about same face is that it's more about what the creator likes and what they find attractive, which might be in the realm of regular presets without much tweaking. You can make diverse sims if you try.
Lab Assistant
#15316 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieSimBoy
Am I right to assume with the removal of Story progression from TS4 to keep World timelines on track, you will need to play rotation style game play or play with no ageing on?
Or you will end up with an situation like this for example, your Grand Children going to school with the same child you were at school two generations ago?

They will still age but that's it. No moving, forming relationships, getting married, having kids, job progression, etc.
Lab Assistant
#15317 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovcat
Shorten the recolor name. All mine were crashing until I did something short like lovcat_shirtFOB (instead of lovcat_shirtFallOutBoy) or something like that. I had the same issue.

Try Lumialover_BHlght_fBlk. Something like that in the name. (not file name, recolor name)

Edit - and each recolor needs a new recolor name so you have to repeat the process not just clone it. if it keeps crashing then we have to wait for that to be fixed, but it fixed my crashes.

If that makes ANY sense at all. I'm tired and starving so.. brain no do good.

Thank you lovcat! For some reason, I can only get overlays to work only if there are existing recolours/swatches of that overlay. So pretty much I'm making a clone of a recolour and editing that.

If I try cloning a tattoo that has no swatches/recolours, edit it and put it in my game, the swatch for it shows up but it crashes the game. Sorry, I'm kinda new at this stuff
Forum Resident
#15318 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexspoom11
Why do all the rooms look so dark? It's like they added way too much light outside, and way too little light inside. Smh.

Oh my God that's one thing that I hate on TS3.
The rooms are SO dark. Even with windows.
Its like the windows are useless :'(

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Theorist
#15319 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:58 PM
Quote:
Thank you lovcat! For some reason, I can only get overlays to work only if there are existing recolours/swatches of that overlay. So pretty much I'm making a clone of a recolour and editing that.

If I try cloning a tattoo that has no swatches/recolours, edit it and put it in my game, the swatch for it shows up but it crashes the game. Sorry, I'm kinda new at this stuff

Me too so don't feel bad. I was banging my head against the wall trying to get all my mermaid leggings to work (they only worked as default replacement or I'd get the crash issue) but the naming fixed my issue. Still there are some bugs that are being looked at apparently so if it doesn't work now it might work later. I think tattoos and makeup is kind of iffy either way. I always have issues with 'em.

Moderately shame-less, but not that bad since I mentioned them in the post. I did this.

Preparing for the Sims 4 download area. :D
Mad Poster
#15320 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon
I kind of liked the variation of light and dark in TS3. Or maybe I'm too just used to it by now. For example this image? *heavy breathing* I love scenes like this in TS3 lol.

I don't mind 'moody' pictures in game if that is the intention. There is a difference between something that looks like it was smeared with colored Vaseline and moodiness though. And you're right, the absence of shadows does make everything look flat because there is nothing to suggest otherwise. There may be some shadowing under a sim or piece of furniture, but I'm always looking for the rest of it and there is nothing there.

I'm guessing the absence of shadows is a performance thing, but meh.

~ You need StarWars TRADEMARK Journey to Baboo for My First Pet Stuff because your hamster can be a Jedi~
I stole this line from a YT video comment. Cheers to the person that said it.
Top Secret Researcher
#15321 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumty
Seriously, what even is this bathroom? Tiny corner bath with a mat (you know, in case the carpet gets wet ), big huge football pitch sized emptiness and a dingy toilet and sink stuck on top of eachother and WHAT FUCKING BATHROOM IS CARPETED?

Carpet used to be more common in bathrooms (we had it in the 70s when I was a child, and it was annoying); and huge bathrooms are a current American "thing" - but that bathroom is ridiculous.
Field Researcher
#15322 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 12:07 AM Last edited by BudgieSimBoy : 11th Aug 2014 at 2:08 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPlumbob
They will still age but that's it. No moving, forming relationships, getting married, having kids, job progression, etc.

Thanks ProfPlumbob at least that is one small mercy, amazing they took this completely out of the game instead of a feature you could pick what parts you wanted turned on and off, or off completely. Amazing the three new main features at the time from TS3 are gone.
CASt
Story Progression
Open Worlds

Maybe the online development of the game for three years, snuffed these out. if not with a five year time period each could of been worked on and improved (e.g. Cap on how many CaSt items your PC can run etc.)

Until you play with CAS 4 you don't realize how much not having CASt or a Colour wheel hold back creating an Individuals clothes !
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15323 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumty
Seriously, what even is this bathroom? Tiny corner bath with a mat (you know, in case the carpet gets wet ), big huge football pitch sized emptiness and a dingy toilet and sink stuck on top of eachother and WHAT FUCKING BATHROOM IS CARPETED?

Not disagreeing with you but that used to be a thing, carpeting the bathroom. I think it was meant to be luxurious too. Often as not used shag pile.

Vile really. Yes, that's a horrid bathroom. Horrid.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#15324 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieSimBoy
Thanks ProfPlumbob at least...

I enjoyed the randomness of finding out that a Sim started dating another or had a baby, etc. I know story progression annoyed a lot of simmers but I'm really going to miss that aspect. Like you said, at least give us a few check boxes on what can and cannot happen with Sims we're not playing.
Lab Assistant
#15325 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 12:21 AM
Found a blog with some interesting screenies , one of them shows a "mods" window

Sorry if old

Oh and the link:
https://translate.google.com/transl...uego&edit-text=

My Wings are broken....my hands bleed...
Locked thread
Page 613 of 921