Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 763 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 3:35 PM
Default WCIF: Fixed Toddler Sewing Machine Outfit
I was in CAS with all the outfits unlocked and I noticed that the toddler outfit that you can get from the sewing machine is ... well ... kind of collapsing in on itself around the chest area. Does anyone know if it's been fixed?
Screenshots
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 5:13 PM
What a crappy mesh - never made that with a sim so never seen it. It should be possible to default that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 6:47 PM
I'm not sure if it has been fixed. Probably not.

I think it's possible they use the same mesh as the striped outfits, so you could try to extract the texture and slap it on that mesh - at least to test the theory. If it works, you'd just need to do a mesh swap.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 8:21 PM Last edited by Nysha : 14th Jun 2015 at 7:14 PM.
Gosh that thing is weird. The mesh has four subsets - flesh, part1, part2 and part3. 'flesh' uses a blank texture, the other three subsets all use the same texture, but because they're so stupidly named a basic mesh swap won't do it. I wish I could speak to the dev responsible for this. And possibly shake them a little.

ETA: This file should fix it.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: 7z Sewing Machine Outfit Fix.7z (68.3 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 3:38 AM
Thanks heaps!

You should stick that on the defaults database too, as there are no defaults for that outfit.
Theorist
#6 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 3:22 PM
I had been searching for recolors on that, now I know why I couldn't find any. Glad I had never attempted that outfit, I would have blamed the sim for messing up. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 4:33 PM
The mesh is identical to the basegame onesie, so I'd stick to downloading recolours for that one instead of this. As far as I know any recolours of this wouldn't be craftable anyway.

Forum Resident
#8 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 6:51 PM
@Nysha: I did a follow-up test with the sewing machine, and it looks like the choice for part 1 is applied throughout. So, wrt crafting, it's a tradeoff; reduced variety in exchange for an outfit that's not broken and distorted. I'll take that trade; better 6 options that work right than 6*6*6 that don't.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 7:14 PM
Thanks dharden, I've uploaded a fixed version to my post here and the download thread. @Charity @Duine and anyone else who downloaded the original - please redownload.

Theorist
#10 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 3:30 AM
Thank you!

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.