Replies: 3832 (Who?), Viewed: 225686 times.
Page 20 of 154
Field Researcher
#476 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 2:25 PM
Am I playing Sims 4 or Minecraft?

Field Researcher
#477 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 4:00 PM
I must say that the graphics are really disappointing, for a game from 2014.
When I saw the Outdoor-grass I couldn't believe my eyes, really, really simple and bad.
Ok, I am used to Oblivion and Skyrim...
Maybe if I didn't know what IS possible then the bad graphics wouldn't disturb me.

This game is about living, emotions, interactions... and not for saying BOAH to the trees, the sky a.s.o.
Sometimes I have to remember that.
Theorist
#478 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 4:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumty

Neither. Minecraft's terrain is 3000x better than the "behind the scenes" of TS4. Although I will say that it seems they're using a similar CAW especially in Granite Falls, if you go in the back you can see the different levels and whatnot.
Instructor
#479 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 4:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBrandon
Neither. Minecraft's terrain is 3000x better than the "behind the scenes" of TS4. Although I will say that it seems they're using a similar CAW especially in Granite Falls, if you go in the back you can see the different levels and whatnot.

I'm fairly sure it's very possible for us to eventually get our own CAW-esque tool, when looking at the way the worlds in The Sims 4 are built up. Backdrops could be made by people themselves, as well as the program providing existing backdrops. Same for decor objects like houses. Not sure how they would go about the map view though. That could provide a challenge. I have high hopes since the release of Outdoor Retreat though.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#480 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 4:36 PM
Behind the scenes? Don't lie to yourself. I saw 2D tree well before we even got to behind the scenes.

Using the free camera COMPLETELY ruined the game for me. TS3 never had the issues TS4 had when it came to viewing things off in the distance because of distance terrain. It didn't always match (usually treeless and minimal texture quality), but it looked much better than some of what TS4 was doing. Use the tree camera to travel too far outside of where they want you to go, you'll see broken roads, ill textured and poorly formed terrain, flat, lifeless sky domes... the edge of the universe.

Generally, this is okay. Generally. Generally. Generally. Generally. Generally. Generally. Generally. I can't stress that enough. However, a part of being a designer is knowing how to work around limitations presented by the world. This is why TS3 had an endless ocean and a camera that never went beyond where it wasn't meant to go, unlike TS4 where the free camera does whatever the hell it wants. There's not balance in 4.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#481 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 5:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Behind the scenes? Don't lie to yourself. I saw 2D tree well before we even got to behind the scenes.

Using the free camera COMPLETELY ruined the game for me. TS3 never had the issues TS4 had when it came to viewing things off in the distance because of distance terrain. It didn't always match (usually treeless and minimal texture quality), but it looked much better than some of what TS4 was doing. Use the tree camera to travel too far outside of where they want you to go, you'll see broken roads, ill textured and poorly formed terrain, flat, lifeless sky domes... the edge of the universe.

Generally, this is okay. Generally. Generally. Generally. Generally. Generally. Generally. Generally. I can't stress that enough. However, a part of being a designer is knowing how to work around limitations presented by the world. This is why TS3 had an endless ocean and a camera that never went beyond where it wasn't meant to go, unlike TS4 where the free camera does whatever the hell it wants. There's not balance in 4.

The Sims 3 doesn't have an endless ocean. The camera's view to the end of the map is obstructed by fog. I feel that TS4's world design is very efficient, even if it does feel isolated at times. The only thing I would like to see is no loading screens between lots, and/or neighborhoods being a bit larger.

Also, none of the roads are broken. It's just because the decor ends there.

One reason why the free camera hasn't "ruined" the game for me might be because I used to do a fair share of world and level design in both the Source and Unreal engine, so you get to see the decor and fake side of things.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Test Subject
#482 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 9:28 PM
Does anyone know the cheat codes for the new reward traits? I tried a few different variations of "traits.equip_trait grillmaster". I want impeccable food!
Field Researcher
#483 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 9:35 PM
Is it possible, that (new) teens look younger now?
Or do I only have to clean my reading-gaming-glasses?
Test Subject
#484 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumty

I have only watched people play minecraft, but yeah it kinda does, except maybe less boxy or whatever it's called. It also reminds me of how the view looked in a facebook game I played...that was free.....on facebook.....free. That is sad.
Alchemist
#485 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 10:03 PM
The decoration in the neighborhood makes no fducking sense, just look at what I found near some factory in Oasis Springs .. a mailbox!

Mad Poster
#486 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 10:29 PM
That's not a mailbox, it's an Easter egg of some great reveal, just needs interpretation and lots of speculation. Haha.

We know the SimGuru's are not saying anything so maybe one that is tired being closed mouth is expressing something there.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#487 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 10:38 PM
I never played any of the previous sims games before and I don't even know what all the words being thrown around on this forum mean, but I do know this. In my opinion, spending 20 dollars on this whatever it's called isn't worth it. Unless I see someone else using it and it seems better than it looks and sounds, I think I'll keep my 20 dollars in my wallet. If they have a pets thing that isn't crap, I might pull that 20 out.
The only part that sounded slightly interesting was the herbalist thing but that isn't worth 20 dollars. Maybe I just don't fully understand things, but to me it looks like a business trying to see how far they can push before the customers walk away. They put a little work into something and see how much they can get for it. If they can make just as much money while doing less work, they will. It's a business. I look at it this way. From MTS and TSR, I have gotten a ton of stuff, far more than what EA or Maxis or whoever the hec is in charge wants for this. Since I am only into building and rarely play, that makes this outdoor thing even less appealing to me. I would rather give my 20 dollars to the amazing people that make all these free mods and stuff that makes up for what the game lacks, than spend it on this.
Like I said, I don't know a whole lot and this is just my personal opinion, but I have read forums and blogs and all sorts of stuff, and so far, I feel like it's a bit of a rip off. I can get so much stuff for free from people who actually make things because they want to and care about what people ask for. On the other hand, I can pay for this pack thingy which barely comes with anything. I could be entirely wrong, but I'm calling rip off.
And that is the end of my little rant.
Forum Resident
#488 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerinaFeet
I never played any of the previous sims games before and I don't even know what all the words being thrown around on this forum mean, but I do know this. In my opinion, spending 20 dollars on this whatever it's called isn't worth it. Unless I see someone else using it and it seems better than it looks and sounds, I think I'll keep my 20 dollars in my wallet. If they have a pets thing that isn't crap, I might pull that 20 out.
The only part that sounded slightly interesting was the herbalist thing but that isn't worth 20 dollars. Maybe I just don't fully understand things, but to me it looks like a business trying to see how far they can push before the customers walk away. They put a little work into something and see how much they can get for it. If they can make just as much money while doing less work, they will. It's a business. I look at it this way. From MTS and TSR, I have gotten a ton of stuff, far more than what EA or Maxis or whoever the hec is in charge wants for this. Since I am only into building and rarely play, that makes this outdoor thing even less appealing to me. I would rather give my 20 dollars to the amazing people that make all these free mods and stuff that makes up for what the game lacks, than spend it on this.
Like I said, I don't know a whole lot and this is just my personal opinion, but I have read forums and blogs and all sorts of stuff, and so far, I feel like it's a bit of a rip off. I can get so much stuff for free from people who actually make things because they want to and care about what people ask for. On the other hand, I can pay for this pack thingy which barely comes with anything. I could be entirely wrong, but I'm calling rip off.

It's a personal preference thing. It does add gameplay in that it adds a new skill and new aspiration and gives your sims a place to vacation to. It is $20 now but by the end of the year will have gone on sale so many times that if you feel it isn't worth that price it will go down. (There already is a promotion code...) That's one thing you can depend on, these things go on sale a lot. If $20 is too much for you then it will be $10 by the end of the year, if $10 is too much then maybe you just don't want this GP in the first place. Also I'm sure Maxis cares, it's just that they can't give everyone everything at the same time and when people ask for it.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#489 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcyRoars
The Sims 3 doesn't have an endless ocean. The camera's view to the end of the map is obstructed by fog. I feel that TS4's world design is very efficient, even if it does feel isolated at times. The only thing I would like to see is no loading screens between lots, and/or neighborhoods being a bit larger.

Also, none of the roads are broken. It's just because the decor ends there.

One reason why the free camera hasn't "ruined" the game for me might be because I used to do a fair share of world and level design in both the Source and Unreal engine, so you get to see the decor and fake side of things.

I've done level design myself - quite a bit, in fact. I understand the importance of keeping and maintaining the illusion that the world you're playing within doesn't require the player to suspend their disbelief. This is why the free camera bothers me so much. It's not a developer cheats or something hidden away from the player - it's VERY easy to access and even easier to see the sloppy aspects of the illusion.

This is like a magician doing a trick and keeping the curtain open. The odd anomaly here or there is fine - it happens. However, I shouldn't be given access to the skybox with such ease or seeing the mess beyond the play area unless I'm intentionally trying to break the game. Pressing TAB and moving the camera doesn't count.

Theorist
#490 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerinaFeet

I agree with everything you've said, because opportunity cost is subjective. However, I find the bolded a bit unfair (in this instance) because the GP is the same value of a stuff pack (eh-em, for most of the world) but it comes with twice the content some of the stuff packs in Sims 3 ever came with along with new gameplay content that would normally be introduced within an expansion pack. Secondly, to my understanding only three gurus worked on this game pack as far as I know. Albeit I'm not entirely sure how many worked on stuff packs but I assume it was more than 3. Nonetheless, it doesn't change the fact that only three people were able to produce something that is certainly of quality.

As an aside, surely camping probably wasn't the best idea as a first go, but it sure was a good way to test waters without too much of a risk of not being able to deliver.
Field Researcher
#491 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 12:07 AM
Is it my game, or THE game? I downloaded Outdoor Retreat yesterday when I discovered it's not available in stores on CD. Read the game guide on Sims VIP to prepare, then sent my two sim sisters on a three-day vacation. While one of the sisters stayed at the campsite boning up on Herbalism, the other went to "Explore the Woods." She traveled to the National Forest and had a great time running around lost in the woods. She did collect some great insects (mantis, dragonfly, and something else...can't remember) and caught a salmon. Thought it would be great to have her sister join her, but the option to have her come to the lot wasn't showing when I clicked on the lightening bolt thingy. The only option I had was to switch control. So I did. I ended up back at the campsite only to find it deserted. I tried again, and this time when I clicked the switch control option I ended up back at their home, and there sat the second sister at the computer! I tried sending her on vacation to get her back to GF, but when I arrived and went to click on the campsite, she was showing as already there and the play button that pops up on occupied lots didn't, well, pop up. I couldn't enter the lot. I ended up exiting without saving ( -lost those collectible insects!) and started over. At present, I have both sisters at the campsite and will try to get them both to the Forest together (if that's possible - I didn't see a "Explore Woods With..." option when clicking on the info board at the ranger station). Has anyone else had problems moving around to the different sites within Granite Falls?

Also, don't expect to be able to access the family inventory when in GF. My sim grilled up that nice salmon she caught, but when I went to place the dish on the picnic table (the dish appeared on the ground when finished cooking! ), something glitched and the plate of salmon disappeared. Couldn't find it anywhere in GF. I discovered it in the Family Inventory when I was taken back to the home world.

Oh, and btw - don't forget to call work and take the appropriate number of vacation days if you want to get paid.
Inventor
#492 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 7:17 AM Last edited by VentusMatt : 19th Jan 2015 at 12:35 PM.
Had the same problem when having sims go to the National Park. I wanted to send all of them but it said one of my sims was busy. Sent them to the park anyway and no option to send them to the park from the lighting blot and I couldn't even invite them to the lot via the cell phone, kept saying he was busy. As for having to call my bosses for time off to get paid i didn't have to i just went on vacation and got paid everyday though you do have to go on vacation before work for that day starts.

Also not sure if it's a bug or just some bad cc but my game has crashed twice now and they have happened a couple of minutes after I have taken some screenshots. Will be testing it more and saving more often just in case of a crash lol

:EDIT: Pretty sure my game crashing is from screenshots. Just played my game for 5hrs no crashes and i used the new cc i put in (and added some new one ) and no problems; no lagging; no slow loading; nothing. *sigh* when will a patch be perfect lol
Instructor
#493 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 7:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VentusMatt
Had the same problem when having sims go to the National Park. I wanted to send all of them but it said one of my sims was busy. Sent them to the park anyway and no option to send them to the park from the lighting blot and I couldn't even invite them to the lot via the cell phone, kept saying he was busy. As for having to call my bosses for time off to get paid i didn't have to i just went on vacation and got paid everyday though you do have to go on vacation before work for that day starts.

Also not sure if it's a bug or just some bad cc but my game has crashed twice now and they have happened a couple of minutes after I have taken some screenshots. Will be testing it more and saving more often just in case of a crash lol

:EDIT: Pretty sure my game crashing is from screenshots. Just played my game for 5hrs no crashes and i used the new cc i put in (and added some new one ) and no problems; no lagging; no slow loading; nothing. *sigh* when will a patch be perfect lol

is it possible you set your graphics settings higher than your pc can handle, I used to have screencap and save crashes when my graphics settings were at high, so I lowered them, and haven't crashed since.
Inventor
#494 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 9:55 PM
I don't think that is it since I haven't changed my settings for months and it's only been doing this since the patch and installing outdoor retreat. Also my settings aren't that high I only have sims and objects on the highest settings along with uncommpressed sims. Everything else is on low.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#495 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 1:38 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 15th Jul 2015 at 6:56 PM.
Welcome to The Spa!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pack is similar to:
The Sims Superstar
Bon Voyage
Sunlit Tides

Clothing Styles(s):

Furniture Style(s):
Modern

Build Styles:
Modern

Gameplay:
-Get or give a massage
-Relax in a mud bath
-Take yoga classes and meditate
-Develop the wellness skill
-A high wellness skill allows Sims to levitate and teleport
-There's a New Age radio station
-Six massages types: Swedish, Deep Tissue, Sports, Aromatherapy, Stone, & Fertility
-Sims can WooHoo in the sauna, but also die if they stay in too long
-Mud Baths can be used in most any tub
-There are a variety of mud baths and soaks available.

Create-a-Sim:
Male:
-Jacket
-Long Sleeved Top
-Short Sleeved Top
-Sweater
-Vest
-Tank Top
-Low Cut Tank Top
-Crop Top
-Child Sport Jacket

-Pants
-Short Pants
-Shorts
-Short Short
-Short Short II
-Very Short Shorts
-Child Track Pants

-Robe
-Child Robe

-Sneakers I
-Sneakers II
-Slippers

-Watch

-Towel Head Wrap
-Short Hair
-Poof
-Balding
-Child Towel Head Wrap

Female:
-Sweater
-Sport Jacket
-Bikini Top
-Sports Bra I
-Sports Bra II
-Tank Top I
-Tank Top II
-Short Sleeved Shirt
-Child Sport Jacket

-Pants
-Short Pants
-Yoga Pants I
-Yoga Pants II
-Short Shorts
-Bikini Bottoms
-Child Track Pants

-Swimsuit
-Robe
-Fashion Robe
-Child Robe

-Sneakers I
-Sneakers II
-Sneakers II
-Slippers I
-Slippers II

-Watch

-Bun with Band
-Large Pony Tail
-Short Hair
-Poof
-Side Braid
-Towel Head Wrap
-Child Towel Head Wrap

Buy:
-Poof Ottoman Chair
-Short Stool Chair
-Arm Chair
-Massage Chair
-Dining Chair
-Barstool
-Concrete Ottoman
-Wooden Ottoman
-Massage Table

-Counter
-Counter Island
-Cabinet
-Dining Table
-End Table
-Side Table
-Wide Side Table

-Sink
-Toilet
-Shower
-Stone Bathtub
-Stone Bathtub

-Yoga Mat
-Meditation Stool
-Meditation Stool II
-Bar
-Wooden Fish Tank
-Stone Fish Tank
-Wooden Sauna
-Stone Sauna
-Punching Bag
-Treadmill
-Weight Machine
-Drink Tray

-Decorative Rocks
-Wall Planter
-Small Vase I
-Small Vase II
-Planter
-Potted Bamboo
-Bamboo Divider
-Lit Circle Mirror
-Lit Rectangle
-Backlit Mirror
-Stacked Stones
-Large Vase
-Wall Fountain
-Large Wall Fountain
-Very Large Wall Fountain
-Oversized Stone Wall
-Spa Oil Clutter
-Toilet Dish Clutter
-Spa Sign
-Large Spa Sign
-Spa Banner
-Spa Decal
-Rolled Towels
-Wooden Floor Tile
-Square Clothing Hook
-Hanging Towel
-Display Shelf
-Incense Burner I
-Incense Burner II
-Wooden Partition
-Candle Partition
-Standing Spa Sign I

-Light Trim
-Light Trim Corner
-Spa Floor Deco Lamp
-Tiny Cube Wall Lamp
-Wall Lamp
-Wall Light Strip
-Tall Wall Light Strip
-Very Tall Wall Light Strip
-Modern Wall Lamp
-Hanging Lamp
-Rectangular Chandelier
-Spiral Chandelier

-Stereo
-Wall Speaker

-Fridge

-Locker I
-Locker II

Build:
-Short, Frosted Glass Door
-Frosted Glass Door
-Men's Door
-Women's Door
-Frosted Spa Double Door
-Tall Modern Double Door
-Tall Modern Wood Double Door
-Privacy Window
-Frosted Modern Window
-Wide, Frosted Modern Window
-Tall Modern Window
-Tall Wood Slat Window
-Tall, Wide Wood Slat Window
-Very Tall Wood Slat Window
-Very Tall, Wide Wood Slat Window

-Glass Fencing
-Stone Column
-Staircase
-Glass Railing

-Pool Mosaic

-Fountain Trim
-Fountain Step
-Ball Fountain
-Wall Fountain
-Tall Wall Fountain
-Very Tall Wall Fountain

-Hor. Brick Wall
-Ver. Brick Wall
-Stone Wall
-Two Town Stone Wall
-Wooden Walls
-Wooden Slat Wall
-Hor. Wood Wall
-Ver. Wood Wall
-Tile Wall
-Glowing Wall
-Glowing Floor
-Stone Floor
-Brick Floor
-Glowing Floor
Screenshots

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#496 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 1:39 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 1st Jul 2015 at 3:39 PM.
*Blows dust off the old thread*

Modern.
Luxury.
Relaxation.

There's always two of three of those at once...

Mad Poster
#497 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 3:26 PM
Thanks for the list, matrix 54. I saw that video yesterday and thought it was a hoot.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#498 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 3:39 PM
No problem - I live to serve oh great one.

Scholar
#499 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 4:23 PM
I hope there'll be an option for face massage too. With that grin sims always have, they'll definitely need one.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#500 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:25 AM
This is the first TS4 pack without an ottoman.

Page 20 of 154