Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#301 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 6:19 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 13th Aug 2015 at 1:42 AM.
Welcome to Your Kitchen!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pack is similar to:
-Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff

Features:
-30 new recipes can be made with the ice cream maker + Toppings & Garnish

Gameplay:
-Some ice cream has special effects on Sims
-Sims can get brain freeze

Create-a-Sim:
Male:
-Vest w/ Short Shirt
-Cuffed Shirt w/ Pockets
-Running Jacket
-Sweat Jacket
-Fashion Sweater
-Biker Jacket
-Blazer
-Sweater

-Ripped Jeans

-Cooking Apron

-Very Short Hair
-Short Hair

Female:
-Layered Top
-V-Neck Sweater w/ Top
-Sweater
-Denim Jacket
-Blazer with Scarf
-Pattered Blazer
-Rippled Denim Jacket w/ layered shirt

-Asymmetric Skirt
-Flared Pants
-Ripped Cuffed Jeans

-Cooking Apron

-Short Cut
-Bun
-Long, Parted Hair
-Short Hair w/ Headband
-Pony Tail

Buy:
-Kitchen Sink

-Kitchen Counter
-Kitchen Island
-Kitchen Cabinet
-Dining Table

-Dining Chair
-Bar Stool

-Painting
-Pots of Flowers
-Salt and Pepper Shakers
-Dish Rack
-Book Clutter
-Decorative Shelving w/ Clutter
-Cutting Board
-Wall Mounted Knife Holder
-Wall Mounted Cooking Utensils
-Wall Mounted Spice Rack

-Refrigerator
-Stove
-Over hood
-Ice Cream Maker

-Ceiling Lamp

-Bookcase

Build:
Screenshots

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Instructor
#302 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 6:26 PM
This could be a good pack actually. There is a lack of kitchen based content, I feel, especially after GTW was released encouraging us to create things like ice cream bars etc.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#303 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 6:42 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 29th Jul 2015 at 7:06 PM.
I don't think this fixes the problem. It adds a dish washer and the ability to sell ice cream to sims (as a business). There's nothing else in the pack that the base game doesn't offer. The base game even has an ENTIRE industrial commercial kitchen set. This is just an extra style.

What's actually missing? More ways to cook: A blender, A cook top for counters, a double over, An indoor grill, a toaster (oven), a deep fryer, a place to chill nectar, a mini-fridge, etc.

-

Edit: If one were to compare this pack and it's sister pack, Kitchen and Bath Stuff in TS2, if you only had the base game, kitchens were pretty boring. There was no clutter, appliances were really basic, they weren't vibrant at all - a lot was missing. You added some counters, some basic appliances, plumbing and that was it. With K&B, you could take time designing a kitchen space and making it look good.

With TS4, kitchens are already pretty stylish coming in a variety of current or classic styles, and have a degree of flexibility and versatility (Suburban, Victorian, Contemporary, 2 types of Industrial, Modern) There's kitchen clutter for days and even the "worst" counter still looks good in black.

It's not like Perfect Patio where it added more outdoor content to a game severely lacking in outdoor content. This adds a lot of what we have with some nice smaller additions.

Instructor
#304 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 7:28 PM
Those ice creams look very plastic. I don't know I think this is very bland, the furniture is boring, most people will buy it just because of the ice cream, I was expecting more kitchen appliances

My simblr AsdSims
Mad Poster
#305 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 7:31 PM
Honestly, I'm way more excited about the most recent Sims Freeplay update.
Inventor
#306 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 8:53 PM
The cas items are calling me, I love it all and want it all. Also this pack looks like it's going to be a balance of cas and buy/build items.

Check out my Simblr
Forum Resident
#307 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 9:22 PM
Finally, something other than those apple and pear photo frames to fill my shelves and mantles with.
Field Researcher
#308 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 10:45 PM
Hooray, I guess? The kitchen stuff does look nice, and the (re)addition of dishwashers will be nice. With the dishwashers also coming as part of a free update, this particular pack does seem pretty light on premium content, though.
Top Secret Researcher
#309 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 11:51 PM
I like how they replaced most of the items with one gameplay item, but arent stuff packs about stuff only?
Field Researcher
#310 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 12:28 AM
Not impressed by the upcoming pack but I'm going to buy it anyway because I do like the idea of having more kitchen stuff. I always have at least one great cook in my families because I love cooking IRL. And YAY to dishwashers, OMG!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#311 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
Finally, something other than those apple and pear photo frames to fill my shelves and mantles with.

In an act of pure design failure, that's just one big object. We have base game shelves and base game clutter. For some reason, we have the return of shelves with preset clutter.

Theorist
#312 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 1:54 AM
@matrix54 did you hear the news?!

Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
@SimGuruGraham: Breaking News: The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff will *not* include a new ottoman. http://t.co/H7EsdbOaDI

via twitter
A little shady but now you can breathe!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#313 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 2:52 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 30th Jul 2015 at 12:09 PM.
I'm not even sure if that was about me, but if is, I'm happy the team is responding to my nagging in some manner (even if it is shade). I do enjoy a good nag.

But in all seriousness, we have a lot of ottomans. I appreciate giving players more content to design and play with, but we honestly have quite a few. Some even look the same, or are pointless - like the STONE ottoman in Spa Day. The description even laughs at itself.

Inventor
#314 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 12:17 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 1st Aug 2015 at 2:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
Those ice creams look very plastic.

Everything looks plastic in this game.
Inventor
#315 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 2:58 AM
Graham answerd some question about the new stuff pack.

http://simscommunity.info/2015/07/3...-simgurugraham/

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
#316 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
Everything looks like plastic in this game.

Nu uh! Some stuff looks rubbery.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#317 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 5:10 AM
"We wouldn’t typically make an object as decor that looks like it should have gameplay interactions on it."

There are walk-in closets hangers, a coat rack, shoe rack and a coat hook that do absolutely nothing.

I'm such a bitch.

Theorist
#318 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 5:36 AM
Don't forget about these kind of pets. But I've seen dozens of decorative items which should have had interactions. Or be part of one, like the shower gel or toilet paper.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#319 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 5:40 AM
*Click*

( View )

Mad Poster
#320 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
"We wouldn’t typically make an object as decor that looks like it should have gameplay interactions on it."

And these weren't even everything I could find

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#321 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 8:44 AM
Gawd day-yum those cars look terrible. I know they're non-functioning background decor but come on. GTA3 has better car graphics and that game is almost 15 years old.

but omg gang, GANG, we got ice cream now, gang GAAAAAAAANG ice cream gang hell yea different flavours omg, and, uh, kitchen benches? yes please. hanging towels much??? and now dishwashers, gang? they're getting up to the level of content Sims 1 had.
Inventor
#322 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 9:23 AM
Those cars have probably been enlarged so their not suppose to look great big but look... somewhat decent small lol

Also i better see some kids clothes in this pack. I need more kids stuff!!!

Check out my Simblr
Forum Resident
#323 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 10:26 AM
What the hell?
They are making a Stuff Pack that's all around kitchen and they bring back the dishwashers (I'm thankful that they will come for free in the patch as well) but not the trash compactors?
Why do they always make half baked stuff?
Disappointed... -.-

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Top Secret Researcher
#324 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elias943
What the hell?
They are making a Stuff Pack that's all around kitchen and they bring back the dishwashers (I'm thankful that they will come for free in the patch as well) but not the trash compactors?
Why do they always make half baked stuff?
Disappointed... -.-

Honestly I have never seen a trash compactors all my life. Must've been an American thingy.
Mad Poster
#325 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Honestly I have never seen a trash compactors all my life. Must've been an American thingy.
Or it's a Maxis thingy. Only time I saw one (outside of that famous scene in Star Wars) was when I moved into a newly built apartment with all kinds of rules and they had them installed in the kitchens. We were to limit our trash.

I prefer the recycling bin thing to any trash container.
Page 13 of 141