Replies: 3558 (Who?), Viewed: 233131 times.
Page 27 of 143
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#651 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 2:27 AM
It's fake.

I was about the lose my shit...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Inventor
#652 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 3:53 AM
A couple months back some 3D concept art was leaked for a pack call "Modern Line". Well SimGuruMeatball has confirmed it to be a fake and i for one am pleased to hear it is.

http://simscommunity.info/2015/10/2...confirmed-fake/

So many fake Packs flying around lately. Modern Line, Divine Dining, and Star Wars smh

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
#653 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 4:26 AM
Oh thank goodness!

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Forum Resident
#654 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 4:54 PM
I don't think that Modern Line was fake..
I think it was scrapped for some reason (thanks God)
At least that's my thoughts

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Mad Poster
#655 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 6:02 PM
Maybe it was one of those "we are listening" moments, except what they heard was us laughing our butts off.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Scholar
#656 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 2:23 AM
Actually I'm looking at the pictures from "modern line" and I'm kind of sad these aren't being made. I like the weird looking furniture. It looks like something a steampunk-ish alien would use.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#657 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:01 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 6th Jan 2016 at 8:04 PM.
I guess...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to Movie Night!

This pack is similar to:
-Several Sims 3 Store Sets

Features:
-Movie Projector Screen, with 10 new movies.
-Sims can make popcorn - butter, cheddar, caramel, or kettle.

Gameplay:
-When eating popcorn, Sims will jump and popcorn will fly everywhere.

Create-a-Sim:
Male:
-Low Cut Top
-Open, Buttoned Shirt w/ Print
-Wide Sleeved, Open Shirt w/ Print
-Shirt with Print Patch
-Children's Pants

-Pants with Floral Decal
-Cuffed Jeans
-Children's Pants

-Short Hair I
-Short Hair II
-Long Hair

Female:
-Loose Fit Tank Top w Center Print
-Low Cut Trimmed Shirt
-Print Sweater
-Children's Tank Top
-Wide Neck Top

-Shorts
-Bell Bottoms

-Short Bohemian Dress
-Long Bohemian Dress w/ Belt
-Children's Dress

-Pony Tail
-Long Hair
-Braid with Short Ponytail
-Afro
-Children's Poofs

-Wide Brim Hat

-Feather Earrings
-Earrings
-Heart Necklace
-Bracelet

Buy:
-Bohemian Dining Chair
-Bohemian Poof Chair
-Bohemian Arm chair
-Bohemian Sofa
-Bohemian Wicker Couch

-Bohemian Dining Table, Simple
-Bohemian Dining Chair, Ornate
-Bohemian Mirrored Coffee Table
-Bohemian Side Table

-Bohemian Grouped Pictures
-Bohemian Movie Posters
-Bohemian Mirror
-Bohemian Potted Plant
-Large Bohemian Potted Plant
-Bohemian Wall Decoration
-Bohemian Table Clutter
-Bohemian Hanging Banner
-Bohemian Hutch
-Bohemian Curtain, Left
-Bohemian Curtain, Right
-Bohemian Rug

-Bohemian Candle Clutter
-Large Tree w/ Hanging Lanterns
-Bohemian Hanging Lamps

-Movie Screen
-Wall Mounted Movie Screen

-Popcorn Maker
Build:
-Bohemian Door
-Bohemian Double Door

Lab Assistant
#658 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:10 PM
I just don't understand how "Movie Hangout Stuff" was viewed as a necessary addition at this point in time. Unless EA have a pressing to desire to let Sims "Netflix & Chill"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#659 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:15 PM
I don't understand why it's something for home, and not something to make a proper venue with. Yes, one could put a movie projection screen on a wall in a theater and call it done, but no ticket machine? No concession stand?

I thought we were past these hurdles in the series, but I guess not. Seems like a waste, but I don't work for EA.

Field Researcher
#660 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:17 PM
I guess because people have been asking for more things to do at home ?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#661 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neia
I guess because people have been asking for more things to do at home ?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with stuff for home - it's just a bit of a waste to stick a projector on a wall on a commercial lot and call it a theater, though I think it'd be nice to have movies airing in the park.

Field Researcher
#662 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:29 PM
I don't think that will stop them from releasing a theater venue in the future if there's a market for it. The trailer shows the pack is focusing on watching movies at home so there's not that much overlap in my mind. For example, we've had swimming pool before GT, and the EP introduced more items and the venue type.
Theorist
#663 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:33 PM
+1 Neia, we must keep in mind that it is a stuff pack and that it doesn't bar them from adding future venues. Hell, the next GP could potentially be used with this SP just as Perfect Patio blends seamlessly with Spa Day, perhaps it could be a hint towards a GP related to hanging out, hobbies and stuff. :P

ETA: This was the last thing I would've predicted as the next theme for an SP though, but it's something, I guess. Never really saw any demand for home theater stuff afaik.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#664 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:46 PM
I don't think we're getting a theater venue after this. A home theater, and a movie theater - that's too similar. I can see things the ticket machine being added, and a concession stand to another kind of pack, but nothing specific to a movie theater. That's a train wreck waiting to happen.

I chuck it up to a missed opportunity. *shrug*

Theorist
#665 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I don't think we're getting a theater venue after this. A home theater, and a movie theater - that's too similar. I can see things the ticket machine being added, and a concession stand to another kind of pack, but nothing specific to a movie theater. That's a train wreck waiting to happen.

I chuck it up to a missed opportunity. *shrug*

Apologies, but I'm not understanding your logic here... They gave us pools (for our homes), and ended up giving into a community pool venue, albeit, a year later. It's not officially a "home theater venue" it's just objects to set up such setting. There's absolutely no reason a community movie theater venue could come later down the line, be it in the next GP, or the urban life EP that we're all eagerly waiting, if that does ever come around. It may look like a cinema, feel like a cinema, and semi-function as a cinema, but it's far from an actual cinema.

ETA: Note, the lack of actual cinema chairs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#666 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:16 PM
Pools were always available - put one in a gym, or in a park - it just lacked a proper lot type until recently. It still functioned the same. Oddly, all of the pool deco is in Get Together. Never understood that.

Anyway, I'm arguing against a commercial lot for the purposes of creating a functioning movie theater. As for it coming later, it would be EA shooting themselves in the foot, as they would have to go out of their way to make even more movie theater content, when the screen here was perfectly fine. Yeah, stick one on any commercial lot. That's not the issue, associated content is. If a theater venue came in a patch, sure - but that would be GP territory. I'd expect a theater venue to functions like a real movie theater - get a ticket, get snacks, wait for the film to start, and go watch a movie when it airs, and leave then it's over.

In retrospect, a movie theater would have been perfect for some sort of dating expansion, alongside a restaurant, and bowling (bars and clubs are already in the game). Since there's a theater here, I'm not expecting to see another one of any kind later. I just keep feeling like EA could be doing more with content that's being released, but it's nothing special.

I feel like the content in these stuff packs should be reserved for smaller, fun things. Like, a home gym - add some new work out equipment. Home Garden - add some light gardening equipment. Nothing like a home theater - they had to actually go out of their way to make new movies for this thing. Again, I'm not expecting any sort of theater venue. Ever.

Forum Resident
#667 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:31 PM
might be interesting IF they support something like custom vids in mp4 or some other common format where you can just stick them in a folder like you do with music.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Instructor
#668 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:33 PM
I trying to work out what a bohemian dining set has to do with a home theatre set-up.
Forum Resident
#669 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsal Axe
I trying to work out what a bohemian dining set has to do with a home theatre set-up.

Because they didn't have the time to add the shoe rack.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#670 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:45 PM
That's what happens when you try to sell desirable gameplay objects to people - you have to pad out the pack with useless objects.

Prime Example: Cool Kitchen Stuff has more CAS assets than kitchen assets. ON TOP OF THAT, there's only two aprons. NONE of the other outfits have anything to do with kitchens at all. Furthermore, there's one style of kitchen, and they went as far as to add an entire dining room set to an already lacking kitchen pack. Didn't even add any matching versions of existing counter appliances (like a new tea pot, microwave, or coffeemaker), or alternate versions of the glass cabinets. Even the islands are backwards.

It's just one big design joke sometimes.

Edit:

Also, I just counted how big the TV is - it's 7/8 tiles wide. That's a good enough reason to put in on a commercial venue. It's as big as all hell!

Mad Poster
#671 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:53 PM
Eh. I can live without popcorn and a giant TV (something that's not all that impressive anymore, now that we can resize objects). That's two stuff packs in a row that I've decided to opt out on. Hopefully February will have something better in store for us (if they're still doing that "New content every month" thing)

The Receptacle still lives!
Inventor
#672 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:58 PM
I with some people as to why boho is part of a home theater pack. It just doesn't make much sense. Yes people want more entertainment objects and people also want more furniture and CAS styles but that doesn't mean you should put them together at random.

I am also with TMBrandon as I don't see any reason why they can't make a movie theater gp or add it as part of an ep later. They can add another projector probably a bigger one, add a concession stand that sells popcorn, drinks, candy, hot dogs, and nachos. Make proper theater seats, add a ticket booth and make NPCs to man the ticket booth, concession stand, and man the viewing room doors and collect tickets.

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
#673 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 11:03 PM
I wish they had spent time on this hypothetical venue instead of the Bohemian Netflix n' Chill stuff :P

The Receptacle still lives!
Inventor
#674 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
I wish they had spent time on this hypothetical venue instead of the Bohemian Netflix n' Chill stuff :P

I can agree to that, I want another gp preferably a vacation pack but another venue pack is also good.

Check out my Simblr
Lab Assistant
#675 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 11:09 PM
I'm actually more disappointed in the actual content of the pack than the idea. I think we could really use some more, normal looking couches and living room decor.
Page 27 of 143