Replies: 6057 (Who?), Viewed: 330262 times.
Page 75 of 243
Scholar
Original Poster
#1851 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 11:13 PM
You can break dance and ballroom dance but you can't sway?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#1852 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 11:18 PM
Minor annoyance: That when clicking another Sim, there's a whole menu for Dance....but only Classic Dance. It's like they were planning to put something else under there but decided not to at the last minute.

Though I recall, when I was playing my first hood and wasn't too knowledgable about things, I had two Sims roll a want to classic dance. So I had them dance with each other. Turns out it was a romantic action, so they got slapped by some other Sims, who had crushes on them because backrub was apparently also a romantic action.
Wish there were more 'friendly' actions without the whole romance thing. I remember being super-excited when I saw BoilingOil's mod for family-kissing friends but I couldn't get it to work; just didn't appear in the menu. Even tried 50/50'ing the entire hack folder.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1853 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 11:22 PM
I was afraid to ask Do You Like What You See? in case it led to slapping.

Scholar
#1854 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 2:11 AM Last edited by BoilingOil : 21st Mar 2016 at 6:05 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I remember being super-excited when I saw BoilingOil's mod for family-kissing friends but I couldn't get it to work; just didn't appear in the menu. Even tried 50/50'ing the entire hack folder.

Now that you say it... I wrote the mod myself - a long time ago -, but I can't remember the last time I saw the "Kiss.../Cheek" option available among friends. Time for me to look at the code and examine what it was meant to do.

Edit to add: I just removed ALL my CC except this one mod, and the Kiss.../Cheek interaction just will not show up! What the Woohoo? This mod had been out there for 6 whole years, doing absolutely nothing, and nobody has ever reported this? When have I ever been an asshole about bug reports?

Ok, obviously I need to go back to the drawingboard, see what happened inbetween my original testing and the final release... Although I wonder why I would. Apparently, everyone was happy with this mod not working.
Field Researcher
#1855 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 3:58 PM
I would have told you BO but I never used that mod.

Though not exactly a 'pet peeve' I have always wondered why on earth Maxis didn't make 'sit here' (on the floor/ground) an option. It's not like sims can't sit on the floor/ground so why can't we tell them too do it.
Scholar
#1856 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 5:09 PM
Update, March 21st, 2016: - BO - Social - Kiss Cheek - Four and a half years ago, when 'fixing' the controlpets bug, I introduced another horrible error. It's now - 4.5 years later - because ihatemandatoryregister made a sideways mention of it in a comment, that I suddenly realised that - as author of the mod - *I* had not seen the interaction show up for a long time, either. So I investigate, and what do I find? In stead of testing for Human species, I tested for Big Dog species. So all this time, nobody ever had the Kiss.../Cheek interaction available. And yet nobody ever reported this problem! Anyway, now it is finally fixed, and I have verified that it works properly at last!

Thanks Sleepy . I wonder why I never heard anything from Arathea about it... I made the last update 4.5 years ago because she had an issue when the controlpets cheat was active.
Mad Poster
#1857 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 7:21 PM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 22nd Mar 2016 at 7:29 AM.
Wow! Thank you. I'll install the new update right away!

UPDATE: Works perfectly. Thank you so much.
Link Ninja
#1858 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 11:11 PM
Thinking about my uni sims reminded me of something that totally irks me:

When my uni sims invite friends over to hang out at their dorm and suddenly the friend is nowhere to be seen because FOR SOME REASON - I DON'T KNOW WHY - NPC McDORMIE has SUCH a more interesting room (just a bed and desk or dresser) to hang out in and I'm usually forced to go into build mode and DRAG that sim-friend's behind back out where I can see them. Seriously though it's annoying AF and I can't see the sim-friend because everything behind the door is hidden in live mode.

Addendum on Dormies: Dormies usually just stand behind their doors and think all night when you don't watch them, they don't seem to need to sleep. Anyway, the other day NPC McDormie (not his real name, just any dormie) crawls into one of my playable sims beds to sleep and my sims is just on his way to bed, already tired - wouldn't let me wake NPC up with any pie menu like 'Shoo', so I bought a radio and had my sim turn it on to wake that NPC up and kick him out, you bet I had the playable put a 'do not enter sign' on his room after that.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

#1859 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 12:19 AM
The Super Duper Hug. No idea what's causing that.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Scholar
#1860 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 1:26 AM
Badly constructed Social Plug-Ins cause it. Such plug-ins are mostly based off of the DEBUG social "Super Duper Hug" which the Maxoids wrote only for testing purposes. The problem with those social that cause this issue, is that their Fallback GUID still points to the Super Duper Hug, so that when you remove the mod, the Hug is accessed in its place, and everyone starts doing it autonomously. Fortunately, there are mods, nowadays, that can render this bug harmless (sufficient for common use), or even remove it from your system completely (required if you want to share lots that you made with others, to prevent spreading the bug).
Mad Poster
#1861 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 1:33 AM
Big dog kisses - oh, my. My day is made
Mad Poster
#1862 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmful
Thinking about my uni sims reminded me of something that totally irks me:

When my uni sims invite friends over to hang out at their dorm and suddenly the friend is nowhere to be seen because FOR SOME REASON - I DON'T KNOW WHY - NPC McDORMIE has SUCH a more interesting room (just a bed and desk or dresser) to hang out in and I'm usually forced to go into build mode and DRAG that sim-friend's behind back out where I can see them. Seriously though it's annoying AF and I can't see the sim-friend because everything behind the door is hidden in live mode.

Try Pescado's novanishindorms. It's a real sanity-saver.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F
Scholar
Original Poster
#1863 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 4:51 PM
I use this with the one that stops their constant green motives.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1864 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 10:54 PM
@BoilingOil I wanted a kiss check action for years. Grabbed the kiss check mod from MTS (which didn't work and gave me the Super Hug in the first place) Later tried yours-also not working at that time. Since I already had the Super Hug pushed dowen by Dolphin's Control this sim it made no difference. Probably grabbed it off Simbology a place I did not post to, if it had been Leefish I would have said it didn't work. I figured somebody would say or it was my game set up, perhaps that is common thought. So I shall try it again!

@StrangeTownChick Social plug in mods and lots. This is why No Sim Loaded is on the list of essential mods and why we tell everyone to get it. To prevent the SDH it must be placed into a clean SDH free game. You should check over your mod list and make sure you have all essential game/hood mods. Since you now have it, No Sim Loaded can be used to hide it, but it is forever more there until you reinstall. Do not upload lots from your infected game. I use AGS to upload lots since my main game is now forever more silently infected.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#1865 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 4:00 AM Last edited by BoilingOil : 24th Mar 2016 at 5:45 AM.
@joandsarah77: I don't think you could have picked it up from Simbology, dear. At Simbology, there is only a *link* to the mod. The only shared copy of it resides at Leefish, like all my mods. But it doesn't matter. I'm glad the issue has finally been reported - be it accidentally - so I could fix it. Thanks for giving my mod another go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
Big dog kisses - oh, my. My day is made

DANG! That took a while for me to get the reference! Perfect!!!

Quote:
Wow! Thank you. I'll install the new update right away!

UPDATE: Works perfectly. Thank you so much.

I'm glad it does, @ihatemandatoryregister. Thanks for letting us know
Scholar
DELETED POST
24th Mar 2016 at 5:41 AM
This message has been deleted by BoilingOil.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1866 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 10:33 AM
Sims not smustling for over 3 Simminutes, even when they have good motives.
Probably, my Sims don't feel like dancing.

Mad Poster
#1867 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 1:32 PM
From my own observations, Sims dance until their fun motive is filled. So maybe try using SimBlender to cut it down to half
Field Researcher
#1868 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 4:09 PM
It's funny what some people really want is what other people try desperately to get rid of. I installed every mod I could find to keep sims from dancing - any kind of dancing including smustling. I finally yanked out all the stereos, every stereo in every residence, community lot and dorm. The dancing is one of those things that definitely make me go Grrr.
Test Subject
#1869 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 5:41 PM
I love their dance, especially when grandchilds dance with grandparents or the smustle dance without any dance skills ^^

thing makes me go grrrrrrr
my sims live in apartments just for a short time after college to save some money for own house, because in apartments you cant have big weddings and such, so spend the last the days to build some apartments with a nice big wedding area so that I can use the functional of having apartments not only for a short time of sims life, guess what? they couldnt use arch for wedding, it was unclickable... grrrrr, wasted building time, wasted furniting time
Mad Poster
#1870 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 6:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliset
It's funny what some people really want is what other people try desperately to get rid of. I installed every mod I could find to keep sims from dancing - any kind of dancing including smustling. I finally yanked out all the stereos, every stereo in every residence, community lot and dorm. The dancing is one of those things that definitely make me go Grrr.

In one of my apartments in Hazelton, the neighbours would sometimes get stuck up on the roof dancing until they wet themselves and passed out. Unless they were shoving their faces into cacti to 'smell' them.
Test Subject
#1871 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 10:59 PM
I hate them keeping comfort and environment needs. They are so hard to fulfill, and are a drag on my sims' moods. Not to mention the annoying quick mood decay. Both of these occur ins sims 1, but it should have been fixed by then.
Mad Poster
#1872 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 4:08 AM
Quote:
In one of my apartments in Hazelton, the neighbours would sometimes get stuck up on the roof dancing until they wet themselves and passed out. Unless they were shoving their faces into cacti to 'smell' them.

God that drove me NUTS when I finally got M&G. After I got it installed, I loaded up the Monty house in Veronaville and Romeo immediately came out to crawl around in the cactus patch to "smell the flowers". GAAHHHH!!! Who crawls around on their hands and knees to smell flowers???

I now have this mod in my game from Treeag that replaces the "crawling through the dirt" animation with the one for "food smells yummy".

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=325197
Mad Poster
#1873 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 5:33 AM
Ooh, I'll take that, thanks! I liked the idea of smelling flowers, but yeah, getting down on my hands and knees? Nope. If I really want a sniff of a flower that low then I'll pick it.
Theorist
#1874 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 1:07 PM
I decided to send my sims (mother, daughter and step-father) on vacation (Takemizu) for a change.
As soon as they left the shuttle, all of them were doing Taï-Chi. As soon as they arrived on a community lot, they were doing Taï-chi. I wanted them to learn a massage. No, they'd rather do Taï-Chi.
No need to say that they didn't get the chance to learn the local gesture.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1875 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 2:47 PM
I actually like the shade-eyes anim, but in the winter/rain?!??!

Page 75 of 243