Replies: 1099 (Who?), Viewed: 40132 times. | Locked by: justJones Reason: Contest completed
Page 6 of 44
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 6th May 2016 at 12:48 AM
STOP EVERTHING!!! The build is suppose to represent the destination or the "home" omg I'm panicking

Quote:
Furnishing/decorating skill up to 5 points
Does your interior furnishing and decorating style reflect your original design and theme of your holiday destination?

Destination theme up to 5 points
Does your holiday destination reflect the original design and theme?

Play my sims 3 version of The Princess Challenge

Currently playing The Dynasty Challenge
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#127 Old 6th May 2016 at 3:36 AM
I think the destination theme part won't come into play till round 1. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

Sign my yearbook page!
Check out my Etsy shop!
"With the venomous kiss you gave me I'm killing loneliness" - HIM
-Jones-
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#128 Old 6th May 2016 at 6:18 AM
Justpetro, good idea to use your military hood and make a pretend chopper area.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#129 Old 6th May 2016 at 9:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letcupcake
STOP EVERTHING!!! The build is suppose to represent the destination or the "home" omg I'm panicking
Don't worry, the theme will come into play in the first round and there after. The application round does have to be plausible though.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#130 Old 6th May 2016 at 9:10 AM
Thanks, Jo - I want to use the things I build, and this fits with Kipling, I think Had a lot of fun with it too (My daughter kept telling me the shop is far too nice and the seating in the control room looks far too comfy )
Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#131 Old 6th May 2016 at 9:20 AM
I'm loving all the entries so far. Keep them coming!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#132 Old 6th May 2016 at 6:26 PM
Petro, did I accidentally give away your idea before you revealed the surprise? Sorry about that! I was hoping somebody was going to make a heliport.

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#133 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:02 PM
Funny! I was going to put a helipad on top of my build, but decided against it because the "secret" was out LOL!

I'm almost done - should get to pictures later today

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#134 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:33 PM
I'd like to join as well, the lot is already in the works. One question though, I do not understand the last part about the holiday venues, which we will use only once but not all of them. Does this apply to the application round?
Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#135 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent T.
I'd like to join as well, the lot is already in the works. One question though, I do not understand the last part about the holiday venues, which we will use only once but not all of them. Does this apply to the application round?
No, the venues apply to subsequent rounds. And welcome aboard, I look forward to seeing what you build

Mad Poster
#136 Old 6th May 2016 at 10:13 PM
Oh, I never thought of being the only one making a helipad, Seth! After all, it is the only non-cc flying thing in Sims 2 -- and I put the remote one in the office Cat - I thought you'd shy away from the orange!
Mad Poster
#137 Old 6th May 2016 at 10:43 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 6th May 2016 at 11:01 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
I thought you'd shy away from the orange!
LOL! Yeah, did that. And maaan, I'm glad that's done

Quick Q for @Karen I'm going for the no-CC bonus this first round. The Castaway stuff is NOT considered CC, right? ...because, technically, it was made by EAxis - and only made S2-able by someone else.
Or, should I stay away from it this round?

OH! And... I started with a resi lot, and just now put it to community. However, the mailbox and home garbage-can are still there. I can just delete them right? And put down the community garbage and phone booth from the catalog. Right?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#138 Old 6th May 2016 at 11:06 PM
I won't get a mention Cat, there is a space in my username

And Castaway stuff and Pet stories etc are considered CC so no if you're going for the CC bonus you can't use them, sorry. With regards to the mailbox and home garbage-can as long as it works without them that'll be ok, especially if you're thinking of uploading.

Mad Poster
#139 Old 6th May 2016 at 11:31 PM
Ahhhh, OK - thanks for clarifying

and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#140 Old 6th May 2016 at 11:43 PM
I changed my entire colour scheme. Mine now has... orange! Perhaps today I might get started on that second story. It was originally blue and yellow but Tiff's is so I thought I would change.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#141 Old 7th May 2016 at 2:56 AM Last edited by Charmful : 7th May 2016 at 6:11 AM.
Are there any requirements for the 'shop'? I have a newsstand in the one I am building which just contains a magazine rack and a register would that count or does it have to be more involved?

Oh, and by 'public' toilets does that mean more than one toilet is required per gendered bathroom? I have been places with public bathrooms but it's one room and one toilet and we had to wait in line. Right now I technically have 'public toilets' because I have one for a mens bathroom and one for a woman's but I wanted to know if that is allowed according to the requirement of 'public toilets'.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#142 Old 7th May 2016 at 8:52 AM
Hello, Charmful Those will fit the basic requirements in my opinion. The number of toilets and the size of the shop will be up to you, those are not specified in the requirements.
Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#143 Old 7th May 2016 at 9:32 AM
Thank you Justpetro you are right

Scholar
#144 Old 7th May 2016 at 3:13 PM Last edited by Vincent T. : 12th May 2016 at 6:16 PM.
Default Bleake Islands Landing Stage
After working for more than a year on this bleake and forbidding island far to the north her boss promised her beach and palm trees. Finally a well-deserved vacation! Only a few weeks left until she will be on her way, away from the Bleake Islands...

The only way to get off this Island is per post boat which usually comes two times a week (if the weather allows). Or by an emergency helicopter ride, but that would not be a good start for a vacation. Usually it is no problem to get a seat on the post boat. Except for the people who work here or their families visiting noone in their right mind would ever want to come here.

Details:
Entry for Sims 3
No cc used
Departure location: Bleake Island (available here)
Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#145 Old 7th May 2016 at 3:27 PM
Great entry Vincent T. thank you

Mad Poster
#146 Old 7th May 2016 at 6:50 PM
Love the S3 water!!! ...your people can visit my dock and my people can visit yours LOL!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#147 Old 7th May 2016 at 7:49 PM
Thank you Karen, I hope there will be the required 10 entries :-)

CaterhineTCJD, that surely would be fun ;-)
Mad Poster
#148 Old 7th May 2016 at 11:03 PM
Jo + Cat + Charmful will make 10 - I think there may be more entries.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#149 Old 7th May 2016 at 11:16 PM
Yes, still working on mine. At least I'm on the first floor now (which is the floor up) That is going so much quicker then the ground floor, might even get it finished today since it's Mother's day over here. Although so far I have just had a note since my dh is at the gym, I have a suspicious sore throat and 'somebody' (Translates to mum) had to clean up the cockroach on it's back in the middle of the hallway since the puppy decided it was a play toy...

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#150 Old 8th May 2016 at 12:20 AM
Mother's Day here too - enjoy

Page 6 of 44