Replies: 1099 (Who?), Viewed: 40135 times. | Locked by: justJones Reason: Contest completed
Page 20 of 44
Lab Assistant
#476 Old 25th May 2016 at 11:11 PM
Thank you! The climbing mesh and walls, swingset and matching columns are from Phaenoh's amazing playground set: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=412635
Constant Contestant
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#477 Old 25th May 2016 at 11:29 PM
The slides from that set do not function on a community lot though.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#478 Old 26th May 2016 at 7:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lorraine
The slides from that set do not function on a community lot though.

Not that that's really an issue though, unless they're planning on uploading the lot later, right? These don't have to be "playable" lots, they just have to look "right," right?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#479 Old 26th May 2016 at 9:49 AM
Looking at all the lots again (Ooh-la-la, Tiffany!; lovely lot, Monsieur_Oshima) - I have decided to plan a holiday!
Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#480 Old 26th May 2016 at 4:38 PM
No not an issue with the slides, Z. The lots don't have to be functional for the contest

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Instructor
#481 Old 26th May 2016 at 8:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur_Oshima
Thank you! The climbing mesh and walls, swingset and matching columns are from Phaenoh's amazing playground set: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=412635

Thanks for the link. I can't believe I've missed it !

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Instructor
#482 Old 27th May 2016 at 8:34 PM
Still feverishly working... (I tend to "go big or go home" ) But... I popped in to double check the venue requirements, and only now looking at the currently submitted Round 1s, I noticed that the TS3 Round 1 lot I downloaded is orientated differently from the others. Attached screen is the lot placed, (I added floor tiles to show lengths). I, of course, rotated the lot I built on, so the shell is in the front left streetside. I have long passed the point where I can go back and change anything and still make the deadline (this is gonna be my upmarket hotel venue). So I'm just gonna point that out.
Screenshots
Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#483 Old 27th May 2016 at 10:27 PM
As long as you say what you did in the description that will be fine.

Test Subject
#484 Old 28th May 2016 at 7:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutsocks
Still feverishly working... (I tend to "go big or go home" ) But... I popped in to double check the venue requirements, and only now looking at the currently submitted Round 1s, I noticed that the TS3 Round 1 lot I downloaded is orientated differently from the others. Attached screen is the lot placed, (I added floor tiles to show lengths). I, of course, rotated the lot I built on, so the shell is in the front left streetside. I have long passed the point where I can go back and change anything and still make the deadline (this is gonna be my upmarket hotel venue). So I'm just gonna point that out.

Me too. I remember after I downloaded it being vaguely surprised that the long side was facing the road but assumed I'd remembered the orientation wrongly . Don't know why I didn't think to check. Anyway, there'll be are least two of us with lots that way round.
Field Researcher
#485 Old 28th May 2016 at 9:13 AM Last edited by celebkiriedhel : 28th May 2016 at 10:59 AM.
I'm a bit confused with the time - your deadline says it's milton keynes time - but it's giving me only 14hours from now, (Currently 6pm Sat 28 +14hours = 8am Sun Australian time)

Do you mean Saturday night Midnight or Sunday night Midnight? Time and Date count Midnight as the first time of the day, rather than the last. So Sunday midnight is 1 minute after Saturday 11:59.

tldr: I'm going to be 12 hours late cause I mis-counted.

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#486 Old 28th May 2016 at 3:30 PM
Deadline is Sunday night at 12mn BST. Sorry for any confusion.

Scholar
#487 Old 28th May 2016 at 6:07 PM
Default The Stone Theatre
Finally, the holiday was there! But what a surprise when she got the tickets - that was not the destination she had dreamed of when her boss spoke of beaches and palms. That was not South sea. That was not even south. Well, it was a bit further south than Bleake Islands but not hot and tropical and no turquoise water. That was... North Sea.
But, a holiday was a holiday and as her boss gifted her the tickets as an incentive she would not complain. (The harbour was hardly bigger than the one she left at Bleake Islands. And yes, there was a palm - a potted one that looked a little sad. And the island was so small, it didn't even have roads.) As her room was not yet ready she just dropped her luggage and, after a short refreshment, started to explore her whereabouts.

In a leaflet about the island's points of interest she read about a theatre, built on the leftovers of a watchtower which was heavily damaged during a severe storm a simtury ago. Some decades later one eccentric Lady Eliza Stone had the idea to use the leftovers as building material and rebuild it as a theatre for the local drama company. So, in the last years, bit by bit and stone by stone, with the help of lots of volunteers, the Stone Theatre was pieced together. During the day it is a tourist attraction, and by night the stage is used for all sorts of shows suitable for that location. Tickets are sold out for weeks. The place is open all year round although shows usually take place during summer only.

The Details:
Built for Sims 3
No cc used
Rezoned lot to community lot
Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#488 Old 28th May 2016 at 7:23 PM
Amazing Vincent, thank you

Mad Poster
#489 Old 28th May 2016 at 7:41 PM
Been away the last few days... Ya'lls latest entries are gorgeous!!!
I'm headed in-game now to take pictures (I think I left the lot all done?) Hopefully I'll have my entry up by the end of the day

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#490 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:11 PM
Really struggling here. I already knew I couldn't use my usual browser (Waterfox) to upload images but now IE keeps crashing. Two hours and counting trying to upload this, I'll try Chrome next...
Scholar
#491 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:24 PM
Thank you, Karen Lorraine! I am still a little confused about the deadline because from your post I understand that we would have the whole Sunday for building and uploading But the timer from the first post sthows only 3 hours left (so deadline hitting tonight).

hazelnutter100, have you tried Firefox? That worked well for me.
Test Subject
#492 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:45 PM
Default Minalto Guesthouse (Bed & Breakfast)
Whew! Finally got it to work. Thanks, Vincent: Firefox was next on the list.

Min Alto had it all – family connections, a high-flying job, an expensive (if tiny) flat in the city. Everything, in fact, except happiness. In her late twenties, she packed it all in and set off to look for something completely different. She found it in Scilly.

She sank her remaining money into a run-down terraced house in Hugh Town and started taking in paying guests to help fund the renovation. Thanks to Min’s hard work and nose for a junk-shop bargain, the house was soon restored to something like its former glory, while her cooking and homemaking talents kept the visitors happy. She never needed to advertise: word-of-mouth recommendations soon kept her fully booked. Over the years, the business has grown - and so has the house, first with a ground-floor extension for a larger and more modern kitchen, and then a conservatory for extra dining (well, breakfasting) space. Min’s latest acquisition is the smaller house next door, giving her space for her own private living room and a bedroom slightly further from the guests. Her old living quarters have been turned into an office and a small reception area.

Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#493 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:46 PM
No the deadline is Sunday night not Saturday night

Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#494 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:51 PM
Glad you got it submitted hazelnutter100, it's gorgeous. Do you live on the Scilly Isles?

Test Subject
#495 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:55 PM
Quote:
Glad you got it submitted hazelnutter100, it's gorgeous. Do you live on the Scilly Isles?

Thanks . No, I don't live on Scilly but I've been there for several holidays and love the islands.
Mad Poster
#496 Old 28th May 2016 at 9:51 PM Last edited by simsfreq : 28th May 2016 at 10:02 PM.
Dangit, I missed that the front screenshot was supposed to be from sim-eye view. I just tried to get everything visible. I also intended to have the bus station look more dingy... now that's been pointed out! Oh well. I am not very good at doing dingy without CC it seems. Well, onto the next round

For the person asking about a screenshot program for windows 10, I am using Gadwin Printscreen (free) with no issues. I do play in windowed mode though and haven't used fullscreen, not since I got a good enough computer to run TS2 and other programs at the same time! I can't be separated from my browser!

I hope I get my entry finished on time. It took me ages to figure out what to do and then this week has run away with me. I will probably do another 30-60 mins tonight and then as much as I can spare tomorrow.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Mad Poster
#497 Old 28th May 2016 at 10:59 PM Last edited by Zarathustra : 29th May 2016 at 1:08 AM.
Default Union Grove Visitor Center

Name: Union Grove Visitor Center
Game: TS2
Venue: Theatre (see bottom of post)
No CC was used on this lot

The first stop of just about every National Park visit will be at the park’s Visitor Center. For a park as large as Temple Mountains though, one Visitor Center will almost never be enough for the crowds during the busy months of summer. Smaller Visitor Centers will be scattered around the park, at places of interest or simply in areas which are often overcrowded, so that visitors unfamiliar with the park’s resources will be able to easily find the answers to any questions they come up with.

I’m calling this lot a Theatre because I feel that that’s what it’s most in the spirit of. It may not fit exactly with the traditional idea of a “theatre,” but it has all the venue requirements met in the campfire circle amphitheatre behind the main Visitor Center building, as well as having several smaller presentation spaces inside the building and around each of the three large trees, and I can speak from personal experience that stopping at a Visitor Center and attending a Ranger Program is indeed a great thing to do “for a bit of culture,” as you put it! Plus, again speaking from personal experience, when giving a Ranger Program, you’re definitely “on stage,” even if there’s no “stage” anywhere near you!
That being said, this lot also meets all the requirements of the Souvenir Gift Shop venue, so while I’d prefer to use this as a Theatre, if you don’t feel that it’s appropriate in that way, I suppose I can change it to the Souvenir Shop…

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#498 Old 28th May 2016 at 11:30 PM Last edited by Karen Lorraine : 29th May 2016 at 12:03 AM.
For all of those worrying about the deadline if you miss it you will incur .5 of a point for every 24 hours or part of that you are late.

Mad Poster
#499 Old 28th May 2016 at 11:48 PM
Quote:
No the deadline is Sunday night not Saturday night

The clock is out by a day then
Constant Contestant
Original Poster
#500 Old 29th May 2016 at 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
The clock is out by a day then
Deadline updated! I've removed the clock as it is obviously confusing. You have until 23.55pm on the 29 May British Summer Time.

I'm loving all the entries so far! They are all so creative. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them.

Page 20 of 44