Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#926 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 2:39 AM
I guess other venues officially rather than non officially?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#927 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Cat You will like my 'camp' grounds, have you ever heard of glamping? That's what I am doing for my lot. When our family moved to the country we camped for four years while my father built the house. I think I have done my camping dues so only glamping for me.

I wanted to do that for my bachelorette party but there were no glamping sites around the area so I settled on going to a water park.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#928 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I guess other venues officially rather than non officially?

Except there's no indication what "officially" even means... *iz confused*

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Link Ninja
#929 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 3:17 AM
I think before, where there were combo-type lots, they were with venues we hadn't used before and this last one we can combo in venues previously used. For example Zarathustra, you could flavor your final round with theater, hotel, or beach/lake venue requirements if you wanted.

Mad Poster
#930 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 7:40 PM
I think she means "business as usual" - pick a main venue (unused by yourself as yet), and either add 2 more venues or not (previously used, or not) Clear as mud?
It's all good!

Camping. Yeah - did a LOT of that when I was a kid. It was all we could afford with one salary/teacher's salary!
Hubster and I have also done our fair share of tent camping too... I remember one time in particular, at Mammoth Cave (Ky) It was a "three dog night" and we only had one dog - our baby golden retriever. It was FREEZING! We were 'primitive' camping and thought our extra warm sleeping bags would be enough. No crackly-silver-thing between the ground and our tent. No extra blankets. Just the two of us, our sleeping bags, and our dog. Yes, two people CAN create some warmth between them, but when it's only 6 degrees (and there's a shivering squirmy puppy with you) that warmth won't last when you're trying to sleep for a few hours. Let me tell you! We were very happy to explore the cave the next day - the cave actually felt warm (at 67 degrees) LOL!

Over the last few years (remember, I just turned #50!) I've decided I'm done with camping. I don't think I'd even like "glamping" - If I'm gonna pay all that money, I want more than just a tent/cabin - no matter how lux it is So - to those who like it - enjoy it while you can Have fun!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#931 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 11:09 PM
Glamping is huge here; and I admit it looks wonderful - super beds under sheer curtains on decks with outside baths in the rocks and stuff - but I have to agree, Cat, at the price they charge, I would rather stay in a place with walls and roofs. I do like to go to a place called Medike, where you rent a house (there are 5 houses, all very different, with histories on the property besides the owner's house) - there is no electricity, but plenty of hot water due to gas geezers, and gas fridges, and gas lights, and you can walk all over and I love the no phone, no television thing when I really want to get away.
Scholar
#932 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 4:08 AM
@Karen Lorraine

I've submitted my scoring for Round 3. I'll still score other entries that get submitted later. There's been a development on the @ system's recognition of spaces with user names, courtesy of Delphy. So, hopefully it works this time around?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#933 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 9:40 PM
@Zarathustra

Some clarification (sorry I've not answered before but Internet access is intermittent at the cottage and in other places in remote Cornwall):
Use a venue that you have not used before and then you can use up to two other venues that are listed even if you have used them before. I want to see multi-use venues submitted. Does that help?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Link Ninja
#934 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 9:54 PM
@Karen Lorraine

Ok, now I am confused. You mentioned in the Round 4 instructions "You don't have to have three, that is just an option."

So I took that to mean I could still just do as before and pick a venue and choose not to do a combo, which I didn't but above you said you want to see multi-use venues. Mine is just fills the campground requirement; do I need to re-do my entry? Was it supposed to be a multi-use lot?

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#935 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
@Karen Lorraine

Ok, now I am confused. You mentioned in the Round 4 instructions "You don't have to have three, that is just an option."

So I took that to mean I could still just do as before and pick a venue and choose not to do a combo, which I didn't but above you said you want to see multi-use venues. Mine is just fills the campground requirement; do I need to re-do my entry? Was it supposed to be a multi-use lot?
Nope it doesn't have to be multi-use venued but it would be nice to see it like that. It's up to you whether you change it or not.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Link Ninja
#936 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
Nope it doesn't have to be multi-use venued but it would be nice to see it like that. It's up to you whether you change it or not.

Ok got it, thank you for the quick clarification!

Mad Poster
#937 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 11:13 AM
Deadline?
Top Secret Researcher
#938 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 8:06 PM
Justpetro, Karen Lorraine posted on the 29th, so I'd assume that R4 ends on the 12th or 13th.
Mad Poster
#939 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 9:10 PM
As per Karen's post #900...
Please include:
water
bridge
picnic area

Can the water be a swimming pool? ...with a 2nd story bridge over it?
And, what must a 'picnic area' entail? Can it be outdoor table/chairs?

I'm building the High End Hotel for this round - I think

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
#940 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 9:43 PM
Default Round 4 - The Leaking Lizzy
The Details:
Venue: Beach (and Amusement Arcade)
Built in TS3
CC used
Requirements Beach venue: 2 loungers, BBQ, parasol, water; additionally for round 4: bridge, picnic. (Arcade: chess table, dart board, 3 arcade style games)

When after the last heavy storm some years ago one of the old ships, the "Elisabeth" was washed ashore like a pebble, community council decided to re-use her instead of repairing her. She hadn't been exactly seaworthy anymore before, and they saw a chance to create a unique venue and to increase attractiveness for tourists. So while using whatever they could of the old ship they rebuilt most of the upper decks and turned it into a full-sized playground in more than one way. With a big ceremony it was named "The Sunshine Beach Adventure Playground and Recreational Park", but everybody calls the place "the leaking Lizzy".

Field Researcher
#941 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Deadline?

to be on the safe side, next tuesday at midnight I guess?

Are we allowed to expand the lot into a beach again? (so 4x4 into 4x5, with the extra 1x5 being the sea? assuming nothing is built in the sea part, or it would be unfair)
I was rather optimistic on this matter, but if I turns out it's not allowed I guess I will have to fiddle with the lot adjuster ^^

I'm so enthusiastic about this round! Inspiration came very quickly, maybe even a bit too much since I find myself recoloring stuff and even having ideas for new objects I'll have to calm down a bit and focus on the building part

I really like your campsite Charmful, beautiful landscaping work, and very... wild It would be interesting to spend a couple of nights there, probably a perfect spot for stargazing, in the middle of the desert.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#942 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
As per Karen's post #900...
Please include:
water
bridge
picnic area

Can the water be a swimming pool? ...with a 2nd story bridge over it?
And, what must a 'picnic area' entail? Can it be outdoor table/chairs?

I'm building the High End Hotel for this round - I think
Yes, the 'water' can be a swimming pool (it is vague because TS4 only has pools for water). Bridge idea is fine. 'Picnic' area is however you eat a picnic. Can be a table and chairs or a blanket on the floor.

And sorry I forgot to put the deadline date on. As I'm away and the scores will be delayed you can have until 12mn on Friday 15 July.

Mad Poster
#943 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 7:21 AM
Thank you My building is completed, but I am in for a few hectic days here, so I will only post after the weekend.

Vincent T, that is a excellent build - I love it!
I
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#944 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 8:25 AM
Holy crap, Vincent!!! That's fantastic!!! I'm just gonna throw in the towel now....not that I was going to win anyway, lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#945 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 8:48 AM
Thank you, Justpetro and justJones. But... you are kidding, right? You are not really going to throw in the towel now? :-(
Field Researcher
#946 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 10:42 AM
Can we fix up pre-made buildings? Like community lots Downtown or something? Or from scratch?
Rubric Wrangler
#947 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzanne70
Can we fix up pre-made buildings? Like community lots Downtown or something? Or from scratch?

This contest is now closed to new entries. Keep an eye out on the contests forum to see if there are any new building contests coming up! Make sure to read the rules on the first post of any contest, as that would answer your question.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Lab Assistant
#948 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 6:14 PM
why is it closed? The deadline for round 4 is 07/15...
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#949 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 6:14 PM
I am kidding, Vincent.
Mad Poster
#950 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Letcupcake
why is it closed? The deadline for round 4 is 07/15...

Closed to NEW new entries... i.e., people who haven't been in the rounds up to this point. For those of us who have been participating, we have until Karen's deadline for this round.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.

Page 38 of 44