1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2151 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 9:45 AM
Suffering in uni...
But, on the first of every month I make a big chance in all my hoods, add a district, move houses, something along that line. I decided this month, for today only, I will put the graduation fruit thingy (I'll post the name later when I think of it if anyone is interested). It has options to make your sim graduate and to given them jobs and hack their job levels. Anyway, I'll put one of those in each household in uni that I play today. That way whenever a sim moves into that household in the future, I can graduate them out.

No cheating, now, Smorbie. Resist the urge to put one in all the houses.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2152 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 2:26 PM
I'm playing apartments for the first time really - I've placed sims there for a week to get them out of financially problematic situations, but that's all - and while I was playing one of the four resident families, another sim managed to make enemies with her neighbor in less than a day. They've been fighting in the communal area all the time. Now she got started on the next neighbor. Playing that family should be... interesting.
Mad Poster
#2153 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 5:49 PM
For anyone interested, the mod I was talking about upthread is the fruit of life, and it's available right here on MTS (I thought it was; I just had to check). It's a thousand years old, but it works really well and I've never had any conflicts. If you're one of the two or three who doesn't have it, here it is

http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...+life&gs=0&f=38

There was a time I didn't even bother sending my simmies to college. I just stuck one of these in every house.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#2154 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 6:10 PM
So, I have Widespot\ RBH and in turn the O'Mackey family
The first half of the day was devoted to the care of the triplets Jules gave from Rhett (and she's still a teenager!) (Well that was Sunday!), And fighting the flu (it's terrible!).In the evening, Gabe invited his bride Sandy (which once was Beech) and suggested that he finally go to him. (It's high time, engagement was a very long time)
Immediately after the transfer, Gabe made another room on the second floor (for Sunny (daughter Sandy and Rhett) and three granddaughters), as well as repairs in his bedroom.
Sunny and Jules easily knocked. Jules played with the baby with pleasure.
And almost died Jules ... She fed her daughters, sacrificing their needs ...
Mad Poster
#2155 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 7:02 PM
In Bellefleur, Mortimer Goth is starting to have fun with his witchcraft learning. Today, when Coral Oldie stopped by, he waved his wand and invoked "Spiritus Poultria" which caused her to cackle and flap her arms like a chicken.

He roared with laughter over the sight. She wasn't impressed at all..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#2156 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 7:07 PM
Finished Natasha Una's round. She ran her grilled cheese/pottery shop, went on two dates with Darren Dreamer, got engaged to him, and went on an outing with Gilbert Jacquet (he brought along all his girlfriends, to rather predictable results).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#2157 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 9:00 PM
I set up a school, planned it's weakly schedule, created principal, enrolled students, played the first day, was pleased... Then remembered that it's summer, and I wanted to give students a summer break.
Principal Hallie Gillogley has been so nice to agree to give summer classes for struggling and gifted children. This currently includes Elisabeth Jacobs, who has three scholarships on her goal list, and Frankie Chasson, who has terrible grades, but only because her teacher Ronald Goodchild was playing with his own son during class and didn't pay attention to actual work. Ronald didn't agree to sacrifice his summer vacation to teach other sims' children - his actual passion, a pet shelter, needs a lot of work.
Forum Resident
#2158 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 10:58 PM
I *think* I finally have my game set up so that I can play without any major "suspension of disbelief" issues.
**My shipwrecked Sims were not able to cook fish without a fridge on the site. One household has a cooler/table fridge in the open--they salvaged it from the sinking ship. The others have one hidden in the bushes, and I pretend their food is stored in a cool area like a running stream.
**My Sims are not able to cook over and open fire, so I had to give them some sort of cooking appliance. That cooking drum wasn't on the island to begin with. It floated up on shore from their partially sunken ship. ;-p
**Oh, and that message about the school bus coming by. That was just a nightmare one of the kids had. (I was able to figure out how to suspend school using Inge Jones flexi school mod on Simlogical.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#2159 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 11:00 PM
It's good to be able to fanwave on occasion!

Mad Poster
#2160 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 11:28 PM
SIMellisa, there's root cellar fridges somewhere here on MTS. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=289069

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2161 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 12:11 AM
If youre looking for low-tech appliances, Plumb Bob Keep often has nice stuff. here's a link. There's so much nice stuff that I'm considering making some sort of Amish-like family.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#2162 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 1:55 AM
Plus they do have many, many vegetables and fruits that you can grow without electricity..just get that root cellar noted and you can store them in that. Oh, yes, it is doable!

Just check out Sun & Moon's section to pick which ones you want:
* Sun & Moon's Star Factory *

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#2163 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 3:03 AM
I have more tales from Pleasantview to report!

That's it for today. X3
Forum Resident
#2164 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 3:16 AM
Oh my. These are some wonderful links! I never saw the root cellar "fridge" before. That will be perfect!

I've downloaded some furniture recolors from the Sun & Moon site, but haven't taken the time to look around at all the food stuff. The choices are almost overwhelming. My modern Sims loved to farm using SimWardrobe's farming mods, and a couple have gotten rich by hiring Townies to do all the work. I think my Shipwrecked Sims will enjoy the Sun & Moon homegrown foods as well.

Ihatemandatoryregister, I think an Amish-style family or even a small cluster of them in a modern neighborhood would provide a fun change to a modern game -- or even a full-on Amish/Pennsylvania Dutch neighborhood.

I didn't start with the intent to create a Shipwrecked neighborhood. Initially, I was going to go with a Wild West theme. I decided the Shipwreck was a good place to get my feet wet, sort of a compromise between modern day and pioneer. Most of the historical stuff I've found is medieval. Some of it fits with what I'm doing, most of it doesn't. Maybe one day the medieval idea will grow on me.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Lab Assistant
#2165 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 5:13 AM
The relationships in Pleasantview are evolving... Cassandra was so sure she was ready to give her heart to Don. The wedding was all planned out to be next week, and everyone had been waiting with much anticipation. She and Don planned an outing to get friends together for a dinner party out on the town.

Of course she invited long time family friend Darren. She had noticed Darren acting strange lately, so she got him in private to talk. Boy was she surprised when he confessed all his feelings for her and insisted Don was the wrong man for her, and that he loved her, always had. Don walked up just in time to find Darren kissing Cassandra, and attacked Darren.

Darren won the fight, and consoled Cassandra through the night at her place. She broke up with Don the next day, and he isn't taking it very well. He quit his job as a nurse due to severe depression, and now he is selling pink flamingos to seaside yuppy tourists. He still has a fling going with Dina, and I think they will marry eventually.

Mortimer fell for Lucy Hanby his maid, ( after a makeover she resembles Bella) ; only to be swooned by a girl living at Uni with Alexander, Samantha. She got one last kiss from Mortimer before the hula girls took him to the big vacation in the sky. I know it's happened before and probably will again, but I think I got a lil misty eyed when he went.

David Ottomas has the hots for Angela, they are at Uni along with Alexander, Lilith, Dirk and Melody. I'm forcing Angela to get along with Lilith, so far so good. I think Dirk and Melody are a nice couple, and I may have him break it off with Lilith. Alexander is on vacation with Cassandra and Darren atm, and met a nice girl named Brittney but I'm not sure what will come of that....

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Top Secret Researcher
#2166 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 10:26 PM Last edited by k6ka : 4th Aug 2017 at 1:29 AM.
I haven't had time to open TS2 in a while, but I did manage to do something else... with my boatloads of CC.

After painstakingly going through my Downloads and Collections folders, and even pawing through the Program Files folders looking for any CC I slipped into there, I managed to create a Google Sheets file cataloging all of the CC I have. Hopefully didn't leave anything out. The purpose of my spreadsheet of CC is to 1) Give me a reason to go through all of my CC; 2) Record the name of the creator and the download link to the CC; 3) To group CC that is split up into multiple files together; and 4) To create a custom Content List that included all files, including Collections and those in the Program Files folder, which are ignored by tools like Delphy's Download Organizer.

Hopefully if I ever have to reinstall my game, I can go through this list to make sure I didn't miss anything when restoring my CC.

UPDATE 03/08/2017: Sure enough, I had to reinstall my game after a Windows 10 version upgrade broke my game. The CC list helped me locate the files inside my Program Files folders and back them up before uninstalling (My Downloads folder was unaffected because I just backed up the entire "The Sims 2" folder prior to uninstallation). Even without the need to reinstall, it at least helps me with keeping track of what's in my game.
Scholar
#2167 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Two patients were admitted, husband and wife Jason and Jodie Larson.

@smorbie1 But the Larsons are siblings! Not that I have any place to judge from, with what goes on in my game...but the fear of corrupted family trees has prevented me from going that far. (Though I did consider something between Miranda and Albany Capp at one point...)

~

The Pleasant family enjoyed the results of their vacation...well, except for Mary-Sue, who was still puking. Angela and Daniel continued being the responsible parent-figures for the toddlers, with Daniel making best friends with Damien and friends with Dusti. Angela realized that despite her father's failings, he was a good man. The nanny was replaced with one who eventually got dismissed by Angela, as Mary-Sue had the day off and the maid could clean the house; she was thankful that Kaylynn was no longer stomping around and that Daniel appeared to have no interest in the new maid who had replaced her.

Daniel almost was late for work due to having WooHoo with Mary-Sue when she was feeling a bit better, and had to carpool with Angela. Dusti slept in Damian's old cot most of the day, but Damian had graduated to a toddler bed and could no longer be contained...he gladly ate dog food and flooded a downstairs bathroom while his mother was having a snooze in bed. Mary-Sue was awakened by the doorbell ringing, due to Catherine Viejo deciding to pay a visit. Still tired, hungry, and clad in her underwear, Mary-Sue tried to be civil...but Catherine didn't want to talk about cuisine. Well, that was enough for Mary-Sue, and she headed up to the nursery to milk the cowplant again. No enemy of hers would get away with waking her up!

As Mary-Sue climbed the stairs, Angela and Daniel got home, Angela with a promotion. No longer her mother's intern, she is now a lobbyist in her own right! She brought home townie John Lew, and unwisely tried to bed him out of loneliness; he had zero interest in her, told her that she'd have to wait until she had interns of her own to behave in that predatory manner, and stormed off. Revitalized but still hungry, Mary-Sue had just come back downstairs to wash down that milk with some apple pie... That poor townie just wanted to get away from Angela... Well, with Catherine happily playing fetch with Brutus in the back yard, it was actually Angela's colleague who got chomped. Oh dear...well, he wasn't at all useful anyway...

As it got dark, Catherine and Daniel behaved impeccably, watching a movie and eating with Angela (Mary-Sue had gone back to bed). Then they went on a night-time jog, and I think anything that happened on that jog is best left between them... Trista Royce showed up to demonstrate that the vampire invasion is not limited to Riverblossom Hills. (Thank you, Count Christopher... I knew that guy was up to some pranks or malevolence when he got obsessed with turning service workers, and now it makes perfect sense. The vampire takeover has officially begun, and his descendants are making it known in an intimidating manner.) Angela was awakened by Trista playing on her computer, and was both taken aback and infuriated by the pallid waitress being in her room. She rushed to the nursery to check on Dusti, then back to her room to scream at Trista. The vampire laughed and praised her brazenness, telling her that Dustin would be proud of her. With a surge of guilt, Angela asked her what she knew about Dustin.

"My sire has told me that he had no fear of our kind," Trista said. "Of course, that's why he's dead now."

Angry and hot, Angela ordered Trista to get out. She only went as far as downstairs, where she watched TV until Daniel and Catherine got back. Angela took a cold shower, went to check on the toddlers and found that they were awake and also hot and cranky, pondered getting buying some window air conditioners, and went downstairs to complain to her father. (Yes, I know the attic issue, but I've never seen weather in the house, and it was fine in the winter. Everyone was hot, so I'm guessing it was just a really hot night I was a a little worried about the toddlers, but they seemed fine, and no warnings about them showed up.) Daniel had discovered Trista, and decided to approach the intruder in a flirtatious manner, talking about all the kinds of WooHoo he had experience with. She was just fine with that, so he decided he didn't mind her being around, and went to fix a broken sink. Mary-Sue woke up and complained about the heat as well. Trista said that she felt just fine; Mary-Sue gave Daniel a vicious look, assuming he was responsible for the presence of another woman in the house. She went upstairs to take a cold shower, and shortly hopped out to get her first bump. Angela, worried about the intruder and her baby girl, went upstairs to put Dusti on the potty and then try to teach her to walk.
Mad Poster
#2168 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 4:56 AM
Rick Contrary showed up at the Orphanage, wanting to talk to the social worker (rather fittingly named Miss Orphanage). He knew he shouldn't have come here when he was on house arrest, but his home life was intolerable; his parents kept attacking each other and he was in fear of his life. She offered him a solution: move anonymously to Belladonna Cove. Rick lept at the opportunity.

Miss Orphanage and Rick took a taxi over to Belladonna, where they met with the landlord and got the apartment set up. The allowance Rick was allowed for furniture was a bit scanty, but he managed to get everything he needed together. He even found a job as a record store clerk.

Although Rick was on probation and not allowed to leave the lot aside from school or work, he was allowed to invite friends over, and he invited Violet Jocque over. With the magic of allmenus, she helped him with his homework (although it glitched and simply vanished halfway through doing it?) and she encouraged him to try to apply for private school. On his daily checkup call to Miss Orphanage, she endorsed the idea - although maybe he would want a change of clothes. Rick liked his clothes, but he grudgingly agreed, and after school the next day he found a package at the front doorstep, with some new clothes for him. He had brought along Ripp Grunt, who knew well of his struggles with overdomineering parents, and the two played video games until the headmaster showed up.

Rick had spent most of his savings on purchasing a new kitchen table -- he didn't think the headmaster would appreciate eating from a card table. He was worried that the prepackaged cake mix wouldn't be good enough for someone who was probably used to eating lobster thermidor every night. But the headmaster, Korey Jitmakusol, wasn't too bad a guy, and the cake turned out to be his favourite kind. Rick nearly collapsed in relief and shock when he was given a full scholarship to private school.

Scholar
#2169 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 4:59 AM
I was playing this Pleasantview and loaded the Ottomas into the 'hood and everything was going fine until Samantha jumped out of the tub in the middle of her bubble bath and had a miscarriage.

She was devastated.

Thankfully, Peter was understanding. After a few romantic slow hugs, and sweet kisses and backrubs, Sam was ready to try again. It was funny, on the second try they even talked about babies. She however, did not get pregnant until I tried for a baby between them. Third time's the charm! But she is only having one baby...She still cries from time to time and her aspiration is currently red.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#2170 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 5:22 AM
At the Pleasantview Villas, Castor Nova was not going to be the subject of experimentation by his young neighbour any more than he had been. Sure, he'd been happy to treat little Ariel Capp to her first kiss at that dorm party, but that was minor. He wasn't getting involved with a tween when he had his beloved Heather ready to marry him. Avoiding even acknowledging her presence, he made himself busy greeting the newest resident of the complex, Lee Haggerty. The guy was going to be sleeping on the sofa in the apartment Castor shared with David Ottomas, so he had better get to know him!

Dispite all the people who liked her, Ruby the puppy had been ignored too long due to human drama. Unwilling to eat from dirty bowls, she was taken by Animal Control. Adam Howe decided to give his personal opinion about Capps and their obsession with animals; when Sam Thomas Verse felt sorry for Ariel and told him to stop carrying on, he decided she was the perfect target for his complaints. Ariel blamed Castor, telling him he ignored everyone he wasn't obsessed with. Things went on from there, and they wound up in a slap-fest in the gardens. David, not knowing what the quarrel was about but horrified at the violence, distracted both parties with brunch; Castor went back to his apartment to eat it with Lee, while David took the platter over to DJ and Sam's apartment to try to smooth over the bad morning. Ariel was happy to have any excuse to go over there and get to know Sam better. She liked DJ so much that she wanted to be on just as good terms with Sam by the time DJ got back from work.

Castor wanted to make friends with Ty Bubbler, and so invited him over. He brought a townie woman with him, they went to Castor's kitchen to eat the rest of the food...and Lee and Ty just could not get along. Castor gave up even trying to socialize and went to see if Heather was interested in doing more than reading behind the closed curtains of her living room. As she had just figured out lifelong happiness, she was interested in a few distractions to take up the boring hours of the day.

Sam didn't want to get a job, but as she wanted to make money and have a secure enough life to adopt a kid, she decided to look for one. She found a job working at the front desk of a tattoo parlour to look interesting, and while she had no ink or desire for any herself, it looked like a job that would allow her to colour her hair blue again if she so desired. Meanwhile, DJ was deemed illogical at her own job for choosing to work for her actual boss rather than delivering lunch to a visiting dignitary...

Lee and Ty wound up having massive screaming matches and eventually a fight in Castor's kitchen, to the displeasure of David -- he had wanted to clear the table! He went out to sit by the pool, but was driven away by the townie woman being naked in the hot tub. It was getting late, Sam was trying to show Coral Oldie how to do yoga, and when DJ got back from work with a promotion despite her gaff, she went to Coral's apartment to watch them and the TV...

Ariel had no desire to waste time seeing what this stuff that caused such drama and contention was about. Castor was obviously not going to be of help, so why not David? Being so young, so unsure of himself after being kissed by Erik Swain, from the family he's from... Of course he understands how much younger Ariel is than him. Of course he understands the wrongness, legal and otherwise, of this kind of behaviour. It's just that he was ready to seize any chance for having WooHoo with a woman to prove to himself (and to Erik should it come up) that he's not that type... Well, thanks to ACR, Ariel and David, not even friends but very interested in doing this with each other, took advantage of DJ and Sam being next door to use their bed. Being from conservative families as they are, it's little surprise that no ideas of using protection crossed either of their minds -- Ariel doesn't know such a thing exists and thinks only married people can have babies, though she is somewhat disquieted by the things she's heard about Juliette, and David just didn't even think about it. Much to my relief, there was no lullaby! In a rather horribly funny twist, by the time they got out from under the covers, Coral had given up on yoga and was heading to her bed right on the other side of the wall.

Heather was freaking out that she didn't want to feed off of Castor too much, so was very grateful when DJ brought round a case of bottled blood-substitute she had picked up on her way back from work. It was vile stuff, but it would hold her over for a while. Castor kept whining about wanting to marry her, although he did want to dance with Allegra Gorey... She wasn't at all interested in marriage, but was glad to take to his bed for WooHoo. But when it was over, when he was peacefully sleeping and she could not...that made her realize that being with a human who was so in love with her might not be the nicest of prospects.

Sam got driven out of Coral's kitchen by Lee and Ty invading it to fight yet again (they're good at finding places to fight where they won't be seen by two non-friends and so face legal sanctions!). She went looking for DJ, found her poking around Heather's apartment, and decided to show her wife how much she cared about her. They used the coffee table in Heather's living room for WooHoo!

Both Ariel and David felt satisfied with themselves as they made their ways back to their own narrow beds. The awkward experience that their limited knowledge had given them left them both astonished why anyone would want to make such a big deal of it, but it was done. Now they could move on to more interesting things. They still weren't even friends, not even crushes, and had gotten the reassurance they desired from each other.
Instructor
#2171 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 5:54 AM
My neighborhood is about to have a baby boom... Almost everyone got pregnant without me noticing, and almost all the houses are completely full... HELP
Mad Poster
#2172 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 8:43 AM
The Council moved Jubilee Janackova out of her semi happy home in spite of the fact that she had just given birth to twins. They sent her to live with the Augusts. Then they ordered her back because Barclay won the baby lottery, so his wife needed to come home. So, she bounced back and they have now added baby Josh to their little family. he joins Charlie and Dodge who are now toddlers. The Couple remains more or less indifferent to each other. After illegal visits to the gypsy they don't have to worry about unauthorized procreation so they could ACR their hearts out, but the only time they are in the same room is if they are both chasing the children. Jubilee won't even sleep in their bed anymore. And don't tell Barclay but she was trying to find another fella while she was living with the August family.

Field Researcher
#2173 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 11:37 AM
First rotation of Green Springs is over. School, hospital, town hall and police station are working, as is town's (currently) only proper business, Benedickt store.
Helen Benedickt is pregnant. She is quite happy about it, but not sure how she will run a store with a newborn at home. She still has time to plan it out, though. Amy and Lyndsay don't mind to have a little sibling. Amy wants to adopt a pet from Goodchild shelter and start a sports club for neighborhood teens, and Lyndsay is too busy with her art projects to notice much about the rest of her family.
Goodchild shelter took in their first three strays. They have a small dog, a big dog, and a cat. Even with only two children house is in chaos. Marjorie and Ronald are on the same page - no more kids for a while. Marjorie's friend and neighbor Cara Marcina don't want more children either, but her husband is family sim and are rolling "have a baby" want all the time. Cara wants to wait till they have more money and little Aleida is a bit older.
David Chasson (predictably) started to date his daughter's nanny, Lina Rivera. Lina became enemies with her brother Lion over bunch of small things. For some reason, Lina can't stand her siblings, but is getting along with everybody else. Might have something to do with her three nice points, might be something else.
Lina's older sister Diva proved that romance sims can be very responsible. She happily took care of her son and nephew while everyone else was at work, rolled wants to learn cooking and cleaning, and to find a job. Diva likes and is good at music, so, when she wanted to buy a bass, her brother-in-law, Valentine, helped her to get one. He hopes she can use it to earn some extra bucks. Lion and Diva get along well, but Diva has a low negative relationship with Lina and is hoping that David will ask her to move in with him.
Mayor Richard Jacobs is uninterested in his job and spends his time in Town Hall looking for possible husband for his daughter. He wants more grandchildren! Thoughts about adoption have entered his mind as well. His daughter Anita Jacobs is not interested in dating and is currently more worried about her clinic.
Principal Hallie Gillogley hasn't had much time to think about her own life. She is focusing on next generation.
Mad Poster
#2174 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 5:07 PM
Ripp Grunt suddenly decided to roll wants for his brother's ex girlfriend Jill Smith. Maybe it's due to him feeling a little tied down now that he's married and has three kids. His oldest son (technically step-son but he helped raise him) was also feeling the strain and decided to roll a rant for 3 1st dates. He had briefly dated Suki O'Malley, before realising her sister Lynn was better suited for him. I knew another lady in the neighbourhood who wished for a date - Angelina Wirth. I decided to set them up on a date together. They had bad chemistry but overall enjoyed spending time together. The date was strictly plutonic and was rated "okay" but when the date ended they had 100 daily relationship score with each other. It was little Tesuo's first birthday. He grew up with an identical personality to his Dad (sloppy, outgoing and friendly), same hair and eye colour, but with a lot of his mother (Cleo Shikibu)'s facial features, including her beautiful eye shape.

Simon Viejo found himself yet again doing his girlfriend's homework because she was busy wandering around aimlessly. She drives me mildly insane how random she seems to be. Andrew Martin decided to randomly throw up errors left right and centre which means this hood is going to be hoodchecked later. I can't work out what he's trying to do, I think it's a problem with his bed due to the "(Chairs surrounding bed)" part of the error code. Sigh. Other than that, the household didn't get up to much. Simon is studying to get as many scholarships for uni as possible whilst dragging his girlfriend along (even though she is very clearly not fit for university. Seriously, she gets up from her meal to scream about being hungry). The family adopted Tommy a male cat, they all rolled wants for kittens but I decided on an adult cat so that he can breed with their female adult cat - Pan.

Daisy Greenland is starting to struggle, raising her daughter Maryweather and keeping up with her home business and her job as a ventriloquist. It's a good thing she's a plantsim and doesn't have as many needs. But she's recently had to splurge on things for her daughter... Such as a fridge and a toilet.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#2175 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
After painstakingly going through my Downloads and Collections folders, and even pawing through the Program Files folders looking for any CC I slipped into there, I managed to create a Google Sheets file cataloging all of the CC I have. Hopefully didn't leave anything out. The purpose of my spreadsheet of CC is to 1) Give me a reason to go through all of my CC; 2) Record the name of the creator and the download link to the CC; 3) To group CC that is split up into multiple files together; and 4) To create a custom Content List that included all files, including Collections and those in the Program Files folder, which are ignored by tools like Delphy's Download Organizer.

Great idea! I am going to borrow it!
After reinstalling Windows on this old machine, I obviously had to do a new Sims 2 install as well. There were so many things that I forgot I had to do, like the manual CEP install (downloads & program folders), having the norespawn files in my downloads folder when I first open up an empty neighborhood, the 4GB patch (which I did wrong, gave up, and had to redo). So, I made a Word file listing what I needed to do before playing.

And, because I accidentally deleted the backup downloads folder with all the pictures and read-me files, I (fruitlessly) attempted to find and replace those things. Unfortunately, I've forgotten where I got many of the items and I'm finding that some of the file names are very different from what the creator calls it on the download page. If I had an Excel file like yours, hunting stuff down would be easier. Also, I'd like to rename some of the files (shorter file names) but would like to be able to reference the original file name if necessary, say if I was to share a file with someone else.

Shipwreck Island
Page 87 of 351