Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#4051 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:02 AM
I've been wondering about that, too. A former cheerleader who is serious, mean, active, outgoing and kinda sloppy, caught the stupid cow hitting on her fiance in college. She was not pleased, she did slap him around a bit, but they made up pretty quickly. Then in a previous game, I had a sim with a similar personality, except he had 8 nice points, catch his wife with his twin brother and, even though he alternated between slapping the living daylights out of both of them and apologizing and/or hugging them (which was hilarious), he seemed to hold a grudge for longer. Eventually, he made up with his wife only to catch her with his brother again, poor thing. Also, he was way angrier with his brother than he was with his wife. I thought that mean vs nice points would play the biggest part but seeing the difference in these two sims makes me wonder.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4052 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 12:02 PM
Quad boys. That's good because even though there's not a lot of money for toys, they will always have each other to play with. So, why is Timothy bothering his guardian about reading him a book? Because 10-neat-point Drew is humming to himself while merrily scrubbing the shower stall (keeping the maid out of the bathroom, btw).

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#4053 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 12:55 PM
He will do a better job than the maid anyway
Mad Poster
#4054 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:45 PM
After playing Sims 3 for a while, playing the Sims 2 again feels like coming home.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#4055 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
After playing Sims 3 for a while, playing the Sims 2 again feels like coming home.

It feels like sims 3 SHOULD be better, with the open world and there seems to be so much more you can do, especially with all the expansion packs. But I always come back to ts2 because I'm just overwhelmed by all the possibilities so I don't know what to do XD And also it feels like you have much more control in ts2... With everything. Playing one lot at a time instead of the whole nbh at a time makes it easier to get everything exactly YOUR way. And also the sims look better! Which is why ts3 can never replace ts2!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4056 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
It feels like sims 3 SHOULD be better, with the open world and there seems to be so much more you can do, especially with all the expansion packs. But I always come back to ts2 because I'm just overwhelmed by all the possibilities so I don't know what to do XD And also it feels like you have much more control in ts2... With everything. Playing one lot at a time instead of the whole nbh at a time makes it easier to get everything exactly YOUR way. And also the sims look better! Which is why ts3 can never replace ts2!

I think there is less to do. Has there ever been a side by side companion on activities?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4057 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 12:29 AM
Another thing is that the expansion packs in TS3 just feel so disjointed from each other, and tacking on new features instead of meshing them into the game proper. I think there were actually two different teams that made EPs so maybe that explains it. TS2 isn't perfect on this aspect either, but it feels a little more cohesive overall.

My dream Sims game would be mostly TS2 in gameplay, meshed with some of the features with TS3, and with TS4-like graphics.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4058 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 3:09 AM
Another thing is that the expansion packs in TS3 just feel so disjointed from each other, and tacking on new features instead of meshing them into the game proper. I think there were actually two different teams that made EPs so maybe that explains it. TS2 isn't perfect on this aspect either, but it feels a little more cohesive overall.

My dream Sims game would be mostly TS2 in gameplay, meshed with some of the features with TS3, and with TS4-like graphics.

Yeah - didn't TS3 get vampires twice?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#4059 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 3:15 AM Last edited by velvetina : 23rd Aug 2017 at 3:36 AM.
Yes, with Late Night and Supernatural, with the later EP giving them a few more interactions and making them sparkly when they buy that thing to turn immune to sun...
Mad Poster
#4060 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 8:43 AM
That is one of the greatest things I've ever heard about TS3. Where is that cry laughing emoji when you need it?!

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#4061 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 2:35 PM
Weird, I was coming to this thread to type basically the same thing as the last few posts.

I go through this about once a year, I try so freaking hard to figure out how to enjoy TS3, because obviously a lot of people do. I've finally reached the point where I've gotten the game to play somewhat smoothly--depending on which lot I'm on and which sim is active--smooth enough to finally focus on gameplay, but so much just bugs me. I can't seem to pour enough time into the relationship game to even get two Sims engaged. The amount of time I have to spend figuring out how to navigate all the nraas mods gives me a headache (and I'm technically inclined). And even with spending quite a bit of time customizing stuff to try to get back to my normal TS2 preferences (such as the Woohooer mod), the game just feels so sterile. Managing CC is so much harder. My sims still all look like puddings anyway. (Why do so many of the clothes look like plastic?)

The open world is cool, but the downside is the performance problems and all the ugly sims you will have to fix (even with judicious use of blacklisting ugly clothing content).

So I loaded TS2 up for the first time in months yesterday, and it was such a relief.

I think the only thing I really miss from TS3 right now is the laundry system.
Top Secret Researcher
#4062 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 3:36 PM

Oh no, I hate TS4 graphics. It's the only sims game I'm not interested in playing.
Top Secret Researcher
#4063 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 3:39 PM Last edited by Pideli : 23rd Aug 2017 at 8:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think there is less to do. Has there ever been a side by side companion on activities?

Not sure what you mean? Like playing chess together and singing karaoke? I haven't noticed such a disparity between the games.

Edit: Oh! Was that a typo? Did you mean "comparison"? XD If you meant companion, I don't know what you mean @joandsarah77
Mad Poster
#4064 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
I think the only thing I really miss from TS3 right now is the laundry system.

http://modthesims.info/d/568676
Mad Poster
#4065 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 5:11 PM
Depending on what Sims 3 EPs a person has, there are a lot of activities. I find there are just as many, and some like scuba diving, Ghost Hunting, sculpting that aren't in Sims 2.

I can't put my finger on why Ghost Hunting drew me as much as it did. I find it to be a lot of fun, and is one of the reasons why I switch between Sims 2 and Sims 3.
Scholar
#4066 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 6:10 PM
So since the last time I played the Newson family (the six kids on their own), I've been binge-watching the TV show Shameless. Shameless is about a dysfunctional family of six kids who are basically raising themselves.

The oldest sibling/caretaker in Shameless is female (like Ginger Newson).
The family surname in Shameless is Gallagher (there's a Gallagher Newson).
There's a range of ages down to toddlers in Shameless, and one child who is darker-skinned.

Now, the US version of Shameless started well after TS2 had ended. But the show is based on a UK show of the same premise ... which started way back in 2004.

Even if this is all a coincidence (and to be fair it probably is), I'm renaming my current Newson family as we speak.
Mad Poster
#4067 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 7:57 PM
You're right. I had to bail on that show, though. The people were all too repulsive to find entertaining.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#4068 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 2:25 AM
So the Cordials opened a witchy shop that sells reagents, potions, and all sorts of goodies. I used Pescado's customer selector to restrict it to supernatural and knowledge Sims. Lots of knowledge Sims come in and make a beeline for one specific object. I know that some of the reagents would make nice-looking office decorations, but I don't think newt eyes is one of them.

Instructor
#4069 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:21 AM
Why do I keep getting babies with 10 nice points? Why do I have the opposite problem compared to others? Give me some variety, I want more grouchy sims, ffs!
Mad Poster
#4070 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:26 AM
From my own observations, the generator thing seems to prefer extreme values in the personality.

Anyways, another random thought: Sometimes when Sims buy something from an owned shop that doesn't seem to make sense for them, I look at their relationship panel - clearly they got it as a gift for another Sim.

Lab Assistant
#4071 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 5:53 AM
Is just me or do normal and fit shapes look the same?
Mad Poster
#4072 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 5:56 AM
They are the same, just that fit adds some weird lines around the chest area.

Lab Assistant
#4073 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 6:04 AM
This is one of my favorite interactions in game:

I think it's so adorable that itty bitties have to climb in to put their dishes away. Even years and years later, I marvel at the attention to detail.

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Mad Poster
#4074 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 6:37 AM
I may be totally wrong, but does how happy the mother is during pregnancy determine nice points (I have a personal theory, and some circumstantial evidence, but I don't know if its directly linked between how happy the mother is (aspiration during pregnancy, meaning higher aspiration during pregnancy meaning higher nice points) and how how nice/grouchy the child is).
Mad Poster
#4075 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 8:43 AM
It does not. Genetics, including personality, are determined randomly at birth. Or semi-randomly, anyhow - no one seems to know exactly how the personality randomization works, but it is random (or at least as random as anything in this game), not based on conditions in the game.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 163 of 516