Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1226 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 5:23 PM
Presence of stone and brick and so on is probably going to reflect the local geology/geography than be strictly to do with climate. If stone isn't readily available locally, you won't tend to get it in the local builds since it's expensive to transport.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1227 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Justpetro, any chance you'd be willing to add some wiki links or something to the history of this? I feel I'll need to do some research to judge you properly since it's totally foreign to me, and I'm guessing you'll be a better judge than I am on which info is sound.

Yes, I can - shall I add it to the entry?
Added links to the entry - ask if there is something specific you want to know, @gummilutt
Mad Poster
#1228 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 7:03 PM
Thank you Justpetro, very kind Will ask if there's something more I need once I start judging, if I can't find it myself.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#1230 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 7:09 PM
@gummilutt - I probably have to say that some of the facts are questionable - I think one article states that Jan van Riebeeck was a surgeon - he was not; but he did bring one with him. I do think it will give you a pic of the history, though.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1231 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 9:42 PM
Lovely entry, Petro! I think it's my favourite of yours so far

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#1232 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:27 PM
Thank you, Karen Lorraine
I can be found at the Fermented Fruit Juice bar from now on.
Mad Poster
#1233 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:46 PM Last edited by gazania : 21st Apr 2018 at 3:43 PM.
Oh, dear. What to do about that fireplace, then? Well, I still have a copy of the old lot.

I FINALLY figured out what was causing the blue area on Sunni's (RIP) Myshuno globe. Did MASSIVE moving around, including enclosing the anchor because I would hate to see a Myshuno-playing Sim back right into a piece of pointy metal (ouch). Added a display case with a compass and old papers (also from Sunni's Wizard Tower set). Moved a coffee table to the wall to eliminate a one-tile issue. Added a couple of more pieces from the Wizard set on both floors. Even made an "aged" photo of the lighthouse (it's in the pic below).

If this lighthouse was purely a figment of my imagination, i would probably have left well enough alone. But if the real place doesn't have a fireplace, it seems silly to put one in the Sim version.

And the Globe Myshuno is so,so cool. Sunni made so many cool things. It would tie in with a museum much better ... visitors could learn countries, oceans, other places with lighthouses, currents, famous shipwrecks. And it's definitely Sims catnip. They love it!

Don't go by my word! Hasty game shot below. Oh ... and I think routing works much better now. This is not going to be easy for me, is it?

"Did you ever have to make up your mind? And pick up one build and leave the other behind? Twenty two new shots ... a chore, one will find. Did you ever have to make up your mind?" (Sorry, John Sebastian)

It appears another judge will have to make her own deliberation before the real judges look at this. But in the meantime, in the event I can't take the pictures, I submitted something, at least. For me at this time, that was quite a feat!

EDIT ... Went with the Myshuno. I have a weak spot for interactive activities at community lots. Retook all the pictures in case I missed something. Missed something anyway. Took more retakes. Hope I caught everything.

Wrong part of the world, but I now can't get the "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" out of my mind. Great.

Other than fixing a grammatical error if I see one, I'm done with my entry! Finally!
Screenshots

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Top Secret Researcher
#1234 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
No @yavannatw the floorplans are under the heading of "take what you need to get it all shown correctly"

the 5 shots mentioned afterward mean you are allowed 5 EXTRA shots besides the necessary ones I will go up and edit that post so it is more clear

So 15 rather than 10?

I need to attempt another pic from the front - I couldn't get it all in, unless I take 2 pics. The back view is at an angle for the same reason.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1235 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 4:10 AM
Yes on the number

and all necessary pics you can take two of, you could even make a two in one shot combining the two shots if you would rather.
Mad Poster
#1236 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 10:50 PM
OK... My lot is play-tested and photo'd (over 60 pix) *sigh*
I'm D O N E for today. Whew!

C-ya in a bit, Petro

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#1237 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 12:07 AM
I encountered a weird glitch today, saying "Can't raise terrain higher" or something like that (my game is in Portuguese, I don't know how it would be in an English installation) when I was building walls. My build consists in two towers (I won't give any details for now ), and while in the first one I built the 9 floors on top of the foundation without any issues, the second tower, structurally identical to the first, only went up to the 8th floor. Whenever I tried to build the walls of the 9th, I got that message. Does anyone know what is happening? I'm pretty sure I haven't reached the wall limit - I've only built 340 wall segments so far.
Top Secret Researcher
#1238 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
OK... My lot is play-tested and photo'd (over 60 pix) *sigh*
I'm D O N E for today. Whew!

C-ya in a bit, Petro

Wow, over 60? I thought it bad enough that I had over 20 (not counting the required).
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1239 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:38 AM
oh my word Catherine! you have been very busy! "gives out a gold star "

and Yvelotic, that is odd, is it perhaps because it is up on a hill or something?
Top Secret Researcher
#1240 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:46 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 22nd Apr 2018 at 3:07 AM.
Default Final round play along: Eastern; Moroccan museum
Well, I'm very glad this round was unlimited budget!
I present my Moroccan museum, featuring antiquities from the region, typical furniture, art and pottery. The museum has an audiovisual room to present films about the history of the area and a very small library for researchers. There is a restaurant with al fresco dining, a souvenir shop and a walled garden. But enough of the blurb. Pics follow (and, as evidenced by the merging of two in one, I had a hard time narrowing down the number). I couldn't take a pic of absolutely everything or from every angle, so no toilets (they are on both floors) or kitchen pics.

Required pics

Ground floor

Stairs lead up to the mezzanine floor.

Head back downstairs to the souvenir shop and restaurant

The restaurant leads outside to the outdoor eating area and the walled garden

And lastly, a couple of pics that inspired me
Mad Poster
#1241 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:23 AM
I have to say I am really impressed. When I heard the challenge this round my brain was just a big empty "Ehm...." so I had no idea where you guys would go, but you've come up with some really great stuff. Really REALLY not going to be easy to judge this time.

And on that note, quick update on my situation. Sadly leak was bad enough to damage the wooden floor, so I'm now looking at a partial or full re-do of floor, and since I live in a one room apartment that's not going to be an easy project. Countertop also got pretty messed up and will need replacing, and no point replacing faucet until countertop can be changed. Floor is the real oh-god-please-no-situation though Throw in trying to wash dishes in my 1,5 sqm bathroom until things are fixed and... Still need to talk to insurance company so not quite sure where things are going to go from here. But I'd say it's a real possibility I will be too busy this round, so @Kukamuukaanmuka please be on stand-by to take over. I'm hoping I'll know more by monday, so by the time round ends with a little luck I will be more in the clear on whether or not I'll be able to see the contest through.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1242 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:37 AM
(((HUGS)))) hope things get better quick with all that! @gummilutt
Space Pony
#1243 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
@Kukamuukaanmuka please be on stand-by to take over. I'm hoping I'll know more by monday, so by the time round ends with a little luck I will be more in the clear on whether or not I'll be able to see the contest through.

here for you, no worries <3

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1244 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 8:17 AM
@yavannatw Wow just Wow! Gorgeous! I love it! Your google-fu is definitely better than mine!

@gummilutt Oh no! Wishing you well with all that!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#1245 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:49 PM
I find myself looking through the additional shots for the entries in this last round again and again already. Historical lots and historical museums particularly interest me since ... well ... I'm a history buff. So much detail in these lots! Yavannatw, I can almost feel the hushed atmosphere in the rooms and hear the sound of the fountain in the garden. And I can imagine spending a great deal of time looking at all those exhibits in the rooms!

I think I'm going to be writing this for each entry posted ... wow! There will be many "wows" to come, I know. Lots of imagination in this contest in general.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1246 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 7:17 PM
:lovestruc I think this is going to be my favorite round.

So glad I am not competing :D
Link Ninja
#1247 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 7:43 PM
Default Round 4: Snowcap Springs - Mountain/Country
Round 4: Themed Activity Lot

For many years, Three Lakes has been a great summer vacation spot. However there's not many options when it comes to cold-season activities - the fishing lakes freeze up, the log rolling water is frigid, even extended outdoor axe throwing or flapjack-eating can lower a sim into the blue temperature gauges. Wanderlust Inc has opened a new venture that is the premiere spot for moderately cool to cold-day activities in the moutnains.

Named for the geothermal water pools at the base of the mountains, Snowcap Springs is fun place with plenty of activities on a cold day - indoor and outdoor.

The property consists of two structures - the Caffeine Stand that is also connected to the bathrooms, easy access for a bladder hopped up on cappuccino and also changing rooms for those going in and out of the springs. The bigger structure is the Club House, a place to take a break and partake in some activities and warm up.

For outdoor activity, there is a large ice skating rink, a forest hiking trail for bird watchers to the right, and two hot spring pools to relax in.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#1248 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:31 PM
Good work, all of you - that is a very charming lot, Charmful

Waiting for all of you in the fermented fruit juice bar. Lots of wine. And cheese. And a bar counter to dance on
Mad Poster
#1249 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 7:10 AM
I wouldn't mind a vacation at that mountain lot right now ...

Another "wow"!

Mad Poster
#1250 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 4:50 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!
I forgot all about the theme-dealie! I'm gonna miss out on a sticker
*deep breath* OK. Calm down. *deep breath* Maybe I can rework something from here... Which one did I use the least amount of CC on? GAH!
This is my life. Today.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths

Page 50 of 59