Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Replies: 11725 (Who?), Viewed: 497613 times.
Page 243 of 470
Mad Poster
#6051 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 8:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
There's not one mega hobby called Film/Literature/Arts and Crafts, if that's how you read it, but he (?) meant Arts and crafts are one hobby, and film and literature are one hobby.

That is indeed how I read it. *facepalm*

Yeah, Sports and Fitness would work as one hobby, but I still like Music and Dance separate. Sometimes Sports or Fitness options are limited enough that you'd like there to be more. EA probably couldn't be bothered coming up with another hobby to replace one of them though. XD
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6052 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 2:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavannatw
Random question. How many pages of favourites do you have? I have 10 and wonder, if I haven't downloaded them yet, do I actually need them?

One page. I don't use it as a "download later"-thing, I use it to give some extra love to the uploads I am especially fond of for some reason. Most of the ones I have are things someone made for me, since they mean something to me beyond just being a good upload and therefore I want to have them somewhere I can go back a look

Retired creator.
Inventor
#6053 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 3:49 PM
Quote:
Random question. How many pages of favourites do you have? I have 10 and wonder, if I haven't downloaded them yet, do I actually need them?

So far, I'm sure it's over a 100 , but once I actually download them it probably won't be more than 40 pages. I favorite a lot of things to save them for later to test them out once I get my computer, but I also favorite because they look so good .
Alchemist
#6054 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 1:37 AM
Hmm, I guess we all use Favorites differently. I don't have that many, only about 3 pages, and I use it for my actual favorite pieces of cc--things I've had to redownload after a reinstall or download folder purge, and absolutely need to have in my game. I favorite them so I can find them again. For favorite creators, it's a mix of both--creators that I've downloaded from a lot and wanted to keep up with/bookmark or creators that have some cool looking cc that I might want to download later (but they have more than one or two interesting things so it's more efficient to bookmark them and not the individual download).

As for things to download later, I have a bookmark folder on my browser for that called "To DL Later" and save links for things I like but don't have to have right now or am too lazy to download and install properly. That last bit is usually for mods or things on websites like TSR. I'm big into making sure everything I download has pictures, or for mods, faq pictures. This can take a while and on some sites like TSR the pictures of the cc aren't on the same page as the actual download (and there's usually no picture in the file) so it takes a bit more effort/attention to download and file the cc to my standards. Anyway, apparently I have 1,049 links for things to download... What? I occasionally clean it out and download the links from there, but I admit I haven't been too diligent about that lately.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#6055 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 1:49 AM
Interesting. I suppose people who don't use the favourite button for later downloads actually download then and there. I'm often on my phone or tablet when I see something I want, so use it as a bookmark (but then sometimes I forget I did that). I also favourite buildings that I either can't or don't want to download, as inspiration for my own building but again, I forget.
Mad Poster
#6056 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 2:21 AM
I have 13 pages of them. I don't click it to make it easier to find though. I click it because I really favor them
To find whatever I downloaded...I go to My Downloads.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#6057 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 2:55 AM
I love that MTS keeps a record of downloads, and it is really handy, but unfortunately that list doesn't really tell me if I liked what I downloaded or not, , so I one day after I trashed my entire download folder, I favorited all my, well, favorites. And I don't mean trashed as in saved on a different part of my computer, but trashed as in recycle bin. I figured I could always just redownload again. Yeah, I was that young and naive, but in my defense, those were different times, when the exchange was alive and many TS2 sites still booming! There's still some cc that I miss, though--like there was this awesome set of patterned one piece bathing suits for TF that I got from here, but it was lost in a server crash. The creator lost the file and no one ever reuploaded it. I still mentally kick myself for trashing that. Sigh.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Inventor
#6058 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 3:11 AM
I also save websites with Sims 2 content available. I have to keep reminding myself because I think I'll remember a certain website, only to forget about it later . Also I'll need to create a simblr because there's a lot of content I like there too.
Alchemist
#6059 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 4:57 AM
What is with sims and small bathrooms? I swear, I take my eyes off of them for five minutes, and it's family time in one of the smallest bathrooms of the mansion.

They couldn't even pick one of the big bathrooms either...

Scholar
#6060 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 5:04 AM
Hahaha, soooo relatable. Especially when you have a family that you don't intervene but just watch on free will.
Inventor
#6061 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 5:14 AM
For what it's worth, my family's conversations always take place in the bathroom .
Instructor
#6062 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 7:12 AM
My sims are keen to smustle in cramped bathrooms :D

I am Error.
Scholar
#6063 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 11:37 AM
Sims like cosy environments, a fact known to everyone except Sim scientists (who continue to be baffled because their Environment ratings said they should have the opposite preferences...)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6064 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 3:02 PM
Quote:

10? Me? oooh nooo, not so many*. No, not many at all <whistles> ooooh look - a bunny rabbit

Yes, yes, alright, I need to tidy that up. <sigh>

(*Goodness knows - but rather more than 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
What is with sims and small bathrooms? I swear, I take my eyes off of them for five minutes, and it's family time in one of the smallest bathrooms of the mansion.

This is why Pescado's Bathroom Uses You is an essential mod for me. 'ONE sim at a time in the bathroom please' might be it's other name and very useful it is too. Even so, I calculate that about 65% of Little Carping's born-in-game sims are born-in-bathroom sims.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#6065 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 12:35 AM
I recently came across a simblr called 'posebox-guide' dedicated entirely to, as the title suggests, poseboxes. The poseboxes there range from funny, to very nsfw, and to a little disturbing, at least to me .
Mad Poster
#6066 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:01 AM
You didn't happen to see a pose that looked like one Sim carrying the other did you? Was just thinking I really need to try and find a posebox for that. Want one for all my pregnant ladies that faint and get found by their partners, so I can have a picture where it looks like their partner picked them up and carried them to bed.

Retired creator.
Inventor
#6067 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
You didn't happen to see a pose that looked like one Sim carrying the other did you? Was just thinking I really need to try and find a posebox for that. Want one for all my pregnant ladies that faint and get found by their partners, so I can have a picture where it looks like their partner picked them up and carried them to bed.

Unfortunately I did not, but maybe it's hidden in there somewhere. They don't have a 'pregnancy' tag but I found a 'protecting/rescuing' tag so maybe it has that posebox you want. Here's the link to all the tags they have [ https://posebox-guide.tumblr.com/categories ]
Link Ninja
#6068 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:28 AM
@gummilutt you might find this one by Lesio to suit your needs. It's free to download with registration to mybsims. If you are on chrome you can use the browser to translate the Spanish to navigate easier. It will take you to a mediafire link if you care about that.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#6069 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:54 AM
Thanks Charmful! Already a member and speak Spanish so no problems there And thanks for link primavera, will check it out in case there is something else I want.

Retired creator.
Theorist
#6070 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 11:44 AM
Quote:

I checked and I have 4.

When you'd like to play your school but it's too small.
It needs room for 23 students and I'm too lazy to build another school.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6071 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
Unfortunately I did not, but maybe it's hidden in there somewhere. They don't have a 'pregnancy' tag but I found a 'protecting/rescuing' tag so maybe it has that posebox you want. Here's the link to all the tags they have [ https://posebox-guide.tumblr.com/categories ]

That's a pretty cool site for pose boxes.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#6072 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 2:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
That's a pretty cool site for pose boxes.

I'm sure I'll use that tumblr more than anything else. Although I fear I'll start having nightmares about those mannequins .
Mad Poster
#6073 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 4:08 PM
I created another Test family, as I needed to test a new desk I made to add to an old kid bedroom set of mine.
Of course, I created a parent, Mommy, and 2 children. I usually want the kids to resembles the parents, but in this case I didn't bother making a second parent.
Mommy came up after a few Randomize sim, all I changed was her skintone. She came up a red hair, wearing my red overalls. Perfect! I like stereotypes. lol
Then I gave her a girl..and a boy. They came up looking like Mommy after just a few more Randomize. I gave them both red hair, and green eyes, because I am original like that.
Dressed them both with my most recent children clothing, and plop them all on a lot.
Guess what?...I fell in love with them.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#6074 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 4:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Guess what?...I fell in love with them.

This is so me! I ended up cloning several of my testing sims and adding them to my main game. You know a sim is a keeper when you end up playing them for way longer than is needed for testing an item.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Inventor
#6075 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 5:13 PM
I'm the same way, I used to turn aging off because I grew too attached to my CAS/legacy sims for them to die . Now I'm gonna clone them in the future, my attachment knows no bounds .
Page 243 of 470