1 people viewing
Replies: 24933 (Who?), Viewed: 675854 times.
Page 645 of 998
Top Secret Researcher
#16101 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 10:31 PM
Thanks, Peni! I've been looking for lot ideas to fill up my downtown/community lot areas and I can't believe I've never thought of a salon before.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | Kelyns on other forums
Mad Poster
#16102 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 11:33 PM
Loading screens should show the sims as they were when the lot was last saved. Sometimes they seem to get stuck. I once had all the loading screens in an old Riverblossom Hills get stuck and refuse to update. None of them would show new babies, remove dead family members, etc. In my case it turned out that a file had somehow gotten write protected.

(Change G001 to whatever the number is for the neighborhood you're currently playing.)
The Sims 2 > Neighborhoods > G001 > Thumbnails > G001_FamilyThumbnails.package

I just right-clicked on the file, went into properties and unchecked the "read-only" box. This may or may not help with Grammapat's problem since her symptoms are a little different than mine were.
Scholar
#16103 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 2:55 AM
I installed the clean Riverblossom Hills and then sent my family to Downtown during play. It's the end of winter in Riverblossom but it's the middle of summer in Downtown. Can that be fixed somehow? Do I need to install the cleaned Downtown too to align the seasons?
Mad Poster
#16104 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 3:16 AM
No, all you have to do is go to the neighborhood screen for Downtown and use the Seasons button (the one with flowers on it) to change Downtown's seasons to match Riverblossom Hill's. The season in Downtown always matches the quadrant and day in the lot being played; so if it's the third day of the first quadrant (Winter, I think?) in Riverblossom, it'll be the third day of the first quadrant in downtown - but downtown defaults to summer/fall/winter/spring, so it'd be the third day of summer there. Change the Seasons to match, though, and the days will match perfectly.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#16105 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
No, all you have to do is go to the neighborhood screen for Downtown and use the Seasons button (the one with flowers on it) to change Downtown's seasons to match Riverblossom Hill's. The season in Downtown always matches the quadrant and day in the lot being played; so if it's the third day of the first quadrant (Winter, I think?) in Riverblossom, it'll be the third day of the first quadrant in downtown - but downtown defaults to summer/fall/winter/spring, so it'd be the third day of summer there. Change the Seasons to match, though, and the days will match perfectly.

Thanks! Much appreciated!
Mad Poster
#16106 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 10:35 AM
Is it possible to link a recolour to a package that has multiple meshes in it?
Top Secret Researcher
#16107 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 3:38 PM
If you were categorizing deco clutter, where would you put things like makeup and and hair brushes? Should I put it in plumbing misc, dressers, or leave them in deco?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Mad Poster
#16108 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:19 PM
When I recatted ALL my CC... I put household deco clutter in with deco/sculpture. And also repriced everything - so like items line up with other like items in the catalog.
When I am setting up house - money doesn't matter *kaching/motherlode* suits me fine. When I'm fulfilling wants, then they can earn what they need achieve their goals.
Yes... I'm a little CDO
I put kitchen ONLY stuff in appl/misc - like all dishes cost $20, pots/pans cost $21, deco foods cost $22, etc...
I also put all the towels, toothpaste, shampoo, other bathroom ONLY items in with plumbing/misc - and repriced.
And, baby stuff like diaper bags, toys, kiddy furniture, etc, went to misc/kids - priced so that everything lines up properly in the catalog (all logic toys = $30, all creative toys = $40, group toys = $50, etc.)

A word of CAUTION: This was a lot of work! I literally spent more than a year recatting stuff (but, my catalog looks soooo nice now - and I can find exactly what I'm looking for!)
I found that SW's recat tool sometimes breaks CC. It is better to just do it all with SimPE.
Once things are recatted it is easier to 'hide' them in collections - so they do NOT appear in the catalog, only in the collection folders.
AND, it can be a real PITA when you want to upload a lot or "contest" with all your shiny recatted stuffeths. It's better to use a CC free mostly-vanilla game for these environments.

Good luck!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#16109 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:28 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 18th Nov 2018 at 7:34 PM.
If you have all expansion packs, do your sims use the manned espresso bar on community lots autonomously? Sims used to flock to it on community lots - so much so I considered adding a mod to turn down the attractiveness of it - but now in my full game w/ all expansions and stuff packs no one will order coffee autonomously. Is that the way they work now or should I be looking for some conflicting cc somewhere?

ETA: Never mind. It's still autonomous but it's exceedingly rare that they'll order coffee now even if their energy is tanked.

FYI: Jfade's old "Less Addictive Espresso Bar" mod still works - just in the opposite direction. There isn't a swarm like there used to be but it's attractive enough there's noticeable coffee stand traffic occasionally.
Theorist
#16110 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
If you were categorizing deco clutter, where would you put things like makeup and and hair brushes? Should I put it in plumbing misc, dressers, or leave them in deco?
I always put mine in plumbing misc. My goal is to get as many things out of deco sculpture and deco misc as possible (because those sections are overflowing in my game), while moving them to a somewhat logical location.
Lab Assistant
#16111 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 9:17 PM
Is it possible for a sim to be a lighter (or darker) skintone than both parents? Ana and Ramir Patel just had a baby born with S2-Tan skin even though Ana is S4-Dark and Ramir is S3-Medium. I've been playing TS2 since it was released and have never seen this before, though I have very rarely played the Patel family. I am using meetmetotheriver's clean hood.

At first I thought "No way! Must be corrupted" since I have never seen it. But then I thought with clean genetics... and alien parents with green skin pass down recessive skintones to children sometimes... maybe it is possible and just new to me. (Ramir's mother was S2 so he could have it recessive.)

Pleasantview - Family Tree
Strangetown - Family Tree
Rhinehart - Royal Kingdom Challenge
Top Secret Researcher
#16112 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 10:02 PM
No, it's not possible unless you have geneticized custom skintones with the wrong genetic values.
Mad Poster
#16113 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 10:43 PM
meetmetotheriver gave Ramir Patel Recessive S2 skin, so its possible that the baby inherited Ramir's recessive skin instead of his dominant. (I'm looking at the Sim DNA part of SimPE.) Its not necessarily corruption and is possible without custom skintones.
Top Secret Researcher
#16114 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 10:53 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, @CatherineTCJD! I've been dreading it, but it really looks like it's time to clean out my downloads folder again. So I think this time I'm going to sit down and make a plan and then, yes, recategorize, price correct, and maybe even put into collections and hide, my cc. As is, I spend ages looking for that one pencil clutter item I want to use, or I have to go back and forth from the deco tab to the plumbing tab when decorating bathrooms since my bathroom deco is all over the place. My catalog has definitely gotten crazy--sometimes I can't even find my maxis tables and desks! I've been trying to stick to the 'if you wanna keep it, you gotta use it' rule, so recategorizing will be a help. I did a few things today and it can get tedious, so I think I'll do it in small increments.

And thanks for reminding me about prices! That's a good way to keep like things together, but for me I'm more about keeping costs down. Some of my favorite deco can be expensive ($100 just for lotion bottles and the like) and because I like to clutter up desks and dressers, things can get expensive when decorating. It's a problem in my middle class & larger household families, and sometimes I don't get to redecorate as often as I'd like because $5000 can disappear in a flash on just decorative items. Seriously--I just refreshed the Broke household yesterday--it was beyond time, with Dustin graduated and Beau in college.

While playing, I realized that you could really tell that the girls room used to be the boys room when Dustin was at home. The girls (1 teen and 3 kids, Candi, Didi, May, and Tammy) were closer in age than the rest of the boys and had taken over the larger room, but I was too lazy to change any of the decor except for bedding. So there I was, looking around the second floor, wondering where I could stick a third bathroom when I realized that there were pinup posters and science and alien deco all over a room meant for very sociable girls who could care less about that stuff. No boy band posters or music and arts deco, which is what they care about. Meanwhile the boys room (currently housing a teen and two kids, Rey, Skylar, and Bobby) had all the cutesy nursery posters in it, when the only baby in the house was actually sharing a room with the oldest teen (Brandi's third son, whom I always name Khris). Well, I fixed that when I added the bathroom. Now the girls room and boys room both have dressers and mirrors, and the girls have makeup and purses and popstar posters and the boys got all their older brother's crap. And shoes! I was able to stick some shoes in each room, under some dressers and beds. Such simple changes, but I ended up spending at least $3,000! I'll definitely have to look through my cc and decide whether I want certain things to be upscale or low scale and reprice my deco as I reorganize.

If only I could decide how I want to organize my folders! At this point, I'm looking at split up sets and filing things by tab (scuplture, wall hanging, plant, etc.).

Mad Poster
#16115 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 11:41 PM
I've never tried to recategorize anything. I prefer to sort my stuff into custom folders (290 at last count). I now have very little trouble finding the object that I want IF I can actually find the collection that it's in!
Lab Assistant
#16116 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 11:51 PM
Thank you Orilon! I do not have any custom genetics in my game and am glad to hear that it is possible (even if in only a handful of cases). I love that the game is still finding ways to surprise me

Pleasantview - Family Tree
Strangetown - Family Tree
Rhinehart - Royal Kingdom Challenge
Field Researcher
#16117 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeywell
FYI: Jfade's old "Less Addictive Espresso Bar" mod still works - just in the opposite direction. There isn't a swarm like there used to be but it's attractive enough there's noticeable coffee stand traffic occasionally.
How do you make it work in the opposite direction? I never have any autonomous coffee stand traffic anymore.
Theorist
#16118 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jain
How do you make it work in the opposite direction? I never have any autonomous coffee stand traffic anymore.

You're in luck! You don't have to do anything but put it in your downloads folder. I just meant that the name - less addictive - doesn't apply anymore. The mod will increase traffic now if you have the full game installed.
Mad Poster
#16119 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineTCJD
I found that SW's recat tool sometimes breaks CC. It is better to just do it all with SimPE.

For what it matters, I've noticed that it happens quite a bit for Compressorized content.

The Categorizer has one feature so that I keep it, though: It can run at the same time as the game. SimPE just throws an error. So I use it for tracking down custom objects when I can't find them in the catalog.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Usually hanging out in Sim Crafters these days. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Lab Assistant
#16120 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:43 PM
Is there a "fame" mod for sim celebrities? Like if you're in the hall of fame in the athletic career, I feel like if you went out in public, people would recognize you as they would Tom Brady or Peyton or Aaron.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16121 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:55 PM
The only thing that I know of is the celebrity cones.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#16122 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 2:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
The only thing that I know of is the celebrity cones.

Cool, I'll check it out, thanks!
Mad Poster
#16123 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 3:14 AM
Are there any normally-community-lot-based NPCs that will spawn and behave correctly on an apartment lot WITHOUT the "shopping on apartment lots" mod?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#16124 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 6:38 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 21st Nov 2018 at 7:56 AM.
I don't like the sound of what you're saying. NPCs? On your magnificent lots!
yep my computer is gonna be as unresponsive as possible.

I don't know for certain but I'm inclined to think that commmunity lot NPC will spawn if the lot is set up correctly.
I have had mogs mod for so long though so i am having difficulty remembering before installing it as to what the outcome was.
Mad Poster
#16125 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:59 AM
Are wall-mounted and ceiling-mounted objects flammable?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 645 of 998