Replies: 28270 (Who?), Viewed: 792797 times.
Page 910 of 1131
Scholar
#22726 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 5:21 AM
Do function disabling OMSPs exist?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22727 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 5:38 AM
There is a mod on fairy Forest to make them visible and invisible. But if you mean stop them being shelves no since that is what they are.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#22728 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 6:26 AM
I meant OMSPs that disable the functions of the object placed on them, so a TV becomes decorative for example. Not even sure if that's possible, but such an object would be really handy and save having extra copies of things just to be decorative.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#22729 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 4:47 PM
^^^ Not sure if it would help - but, LeeFish has an intersection changer (http://modthesims.info/d/463194/move-over-dahlen.html) as part of the Dahlen Bookcase set. It makes things/sims intersect so they don't stop things like doors closing, etc... it won't make the TV unusable, but it might make a difference? Good luck!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#22730 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 6:05 PM
I've got a doozie:
As I've mentioned, I did get a new computer-and installed all my games on it. At first, it ran with good graphics and did well. However, somehow it reverted back to original settings and does not recognize the computer's graphics capabilities-and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I really don't want to screw around with the graphics settings (sgr-and they're locked anyway) and I already took out the Clean UI program, dumped my neighborhoods because they were badly affected.

I have more than enough memory for the game.

I'm wondering if I'm going to have to go through the uninstall and reinstall process again-anyone have any advice? I have Win 7.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
12th Mar 2020 at 6:06 PM
This message has been deleted by FranH. Reason: duplicate post
Mad Poster
#22731 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 6:47 PM
I have bookmarked it for Win7 http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6882 . Also at Leefish you can get Graphics rules.sgr for you video card, just download and replace. make sure you run as administrator.
Mad Poster
#22732 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 9:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
...anyone have any advice? I have Win 7.

If that (^^^) doesn't work, ask at the LeeFish forum. There's a bunch of helpful tech-type people over there - and they love Win7
Solving a Win7 problem would be a welcome break from trying to solve all the Win 10 problems they deal with

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#22733 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 10:11 PM
Is there a (cheating) way to trigger the social worker takes your children scenario without neglecting your babies? I want to do it for story reasons (giving up for addition) but don't just want to use the Sim Blender because I want the memory and inability to adopt that comes with that as well.
Mad Poster
#22734 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 10:50 PM
One of my testing households got....a little out of control and now they won't stop fighting. What's the quickest way to reset all the memories/relationships?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Usually hanging out in Sim Crafters these days. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22735 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 11:20 PM
Simblender probably.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#22736 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 1:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
Is there a (cheating) way to trigger the social worker takes your children scenario without neglecting your babies? I want to do it for story reasons (giving up for addition) but don't just want to use the Sim Blender because I want the memory and inability to adopt that comes with that as well.

You don't have to neglect them just leave them alone and boom the social worker will show up. I had it happen with an alien abduction gone awry. Everything else I can think of, removing the roof so the baby gets cold, not feeding them, not changing them all those options fall under neglect. That social worker showed up in less than 10 minutes btw and my game actually had to spawn one so it happens pretty quick if they are left alone.
Mad Poster
#22737 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 1:50 AM
^ Hunger and social in red makes the social worker come for sure. The ones I don't think makes her show up are fun (I tested this a while back and she didn't arrive), bladder and energy (these run low sometimes and she can't come every time the kid needs a diaper change or falls asleep), and not too sure about hygiene or comfort. It's enough that one child is low in needs.

Unsure if I remember it correctly (haven't had a social worker show up in my game for a long while) - unless your game is modded to remove it, you'll first get a warning prompt to "take care of baby/child/toddler needs" and then possibly another that says the social worker will show up to take the kids, upon where she arrives.
Alchemist
#22738 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 2:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah96
Does anyone know how to use these shutters? I don't have this exact set - I have some reworked ones from Jane and mustluvcatz - but I can't seem to figure out how to use them in game? It won't let me lower/raise them at all, they attach to the floor level of the wall.

@Farrah96...I have those shutters, the reworked ones by Jane and MLC. They work fine, shift up and down as they should. Do other things shift properly for you? Maybe you do have a mod interfering with the process.
Instructor
#22739 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 4:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblebeam
I meant OMSPs that disable the functions of the object placed on them, so a TV becomes decorative for example. Not even sure if that's possible, but such an object would be really handy and save having extra copies of things just to be decorative.

I use invisible recolors of the Magisplay tray. Not sure if it works for larger items like TVs, but I've used for the champagne bottle.
Scholar
#22740 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 12:57 PM
How do I stop autonomous cheating due to ACR? I had to turn off jealousy. I found the "spouse only" option, but that's a bit boring as all lovers aren't spouses. I haven't clicked "ignore committed relationships". But this is getting out of hand.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#22741 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 3:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
How do I stop autonomous cheating due to ACR? I had to turn off jealousy. I found the "spouse only" option, but that's a bit boring as all lovers aren't spouses. I haven't clicked "ignore committed relationships". But this is getting out of hand.

Interesting, I seem to have just the opposite problem: sims only initiate interactions with their "chosen one" sim, even if they're notorious cheaters
Scholar
#22742 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 4:15 PM
Yeah I don't know what's happened, it was fine until recently, then everybody started cheating.

Ok not literally everybody, but several; before it was rare. And there's this one guy in particular (with romance aspiration) who just got his 4th lover, and it's a very unexpected romance.

Forum Resident
#22743 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 3:33 PM
Quote:
This is where I draw the line - fire and water gods aren't supposed to get together!

Greek Mythology wants to know your location.

Also, anyone who uses the child support mod: is there a way to make sure child support money isn't taken from the father twice? As in, once when playing as the child's family and once when playing the father's family? Because according to my test that very much happens.
Scholar
#22744 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 5:12 PM
Quote:

Yay that's one of my inspirations!
I need more incest for it to truly count though.

Mad Poster
#22745 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 7:36 PM
Quote:

Choose the option for NO cheating, then go BACK to that same screen and check Static (otherwise it could change itself, due to aspiration or personality)

Namaste... or "go"
Scholar
#22746 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 10:03 PM
Quote:

You can set their autonomy to low. It will give them a much longer decay rate before they begin performing actions towards others. Once you set it make sure you make it static or it will reconfigure and reset itself. Clicking "ignore committed relationships" would actually lead to more cheating not less. You can, however, adjust the STR or LTR needed for a sim to accept. It will cut down on some tries if the Sims in question has low relationships with each other and it will lead to more rejections. Not sure if that is what you are looking for. You might want to read the ACR manual though as aspiration and personality both affect how the autonomy works.
Field Researcher
#22747 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 3:42 PM
Here's a question I found myself pondering. What happens with Sim data when an Urn is destroyed? Does it corrupt the data? Like deleting a Sim does? Also in-game, does destroying an Urn stop the Sim from haunting a lot? Does it also stop disallow the Sim from being resurrected?
Theorist
#22748 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 3:59 PM
Yes, it's liked deleting a grave. Which might mean that it's fine as long as you have nounlinkondelete, but probably best not to do it either way.
Theorist
#22749 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 4:50 PM
Quote:
Also, anyone who uses the child support mod: is there a way to make sure child support money isn't taken from the father twice? As in, once when playing as the child's family and once when playing the father's family? Because according to my test that very much happens.

I don't think so; but you can edit the BCONs to half the amount of money so that sims don't over pay.

And, BTW, while I know some use the child support mod, it's not the only way to set up such a system. Various mods let you transfer money from sim to sim or household to household, including Monique's Automatic Payment mod if you need something automated. I personally do this instead cuz I find myself needing to charge child support in only a few situations.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
#22750 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 5:10 PM
Quote:

If you're talking about Monique's mod, from what I saw in the code it looks like child support is actually only deducted from the father when you are playing the child's house, and when you play the father's house the money is deducted and then immediately added back to family funds, possibly to generate the kaching sound. It's been a while since I looked at it, though.
Page 910 of 1131