Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 10:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets
Default Mods not working
I followed the turorial on here, step by step, removed the cache, but no matter what I do, I simply cannot get them to work.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 11:26 PM
In order to help I’m going to need a bit more information on what exactly is wrong.

1) What tutorial did you follow?
2) What cache did you remove?
3) Have you created a proper mods folder?
4) When you start up your game, do you receive a pop up displaying a list of your script mods?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
In order to help I’m going to need a bit more information on what exactly is wrong.

1) What tutorial did you follow?
2) What cache did you remove?
3) Have you created a proper mods folder?
4) When you start up your game, do you receive a pop up displaying a list of your script mods?

1. I followed the tutorial that's on here
2. All my cache
3. I used the mods folder provided on that tutorial
4. No
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 2:15 AM
What mods are you talking about?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 2:39 AM
In your TS3 user game folder in Documents, which is presumably where you have added the Mods folder framework, there will be a file called DeviceConfig.log. Depending on your operating system file name display preferences, it may show up as just DeviceConfig but it's the same file. Don't open it, but right-click and do Properties (or Get Info on a Mac). The modification date/time should exactly match the last time you started up the game. If you aren't sure when that was, start up the game and the date/time on that file should update instantly. If the date/time is stale, that means you have another TS3 user game folder on your system someplace, the user game folder to which you are adding mods is not the "live" one, and the game is ignoring it. On Win 10, OneDrive is a common place for extra unwanted game folders to be hiding.

If that's not it, meaning the date/time on that file is updating properly, then we will need to see three screenshots, one each, that show your TS3 user game folder, your Mods folder, and your Mods\Packages folder and their contents in Detail View so we can help determine if the setup is correct.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lunatails
1. I followed the tutorial that's on here
2. All my cache
3. I used the mods folder provided on that tutorial
4. No

Okay, can you be a bit more specific?

1) Are you referring to this tutorial here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files (if not, please link the one you did use)

2) When you say all of your cache, are you referring to the following files: (CasPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package, socialCache.package) or did you remove your DCCache folder?

3) Can you post a photo of what’s inside your mods folder? And what’s inside your packages folder as well.

4) Same as #3.

5) When you start up the game, does the EA Intro video (the one with the plumbobs) play before you reach the main menu?