Replies: 11929 (Who?), Viewed: 752782 times.
Page 446 of 478
Forum Resident
#11126 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavannatw
Didn't Sims 1 have something like that? There was a dog show that they could train for, or am I dreaming (it was a long time ago that I played it).

(laughs) I also can't remember, my dog always hunted gophers and pee'd on the plants.
Instructor
#11127 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 1:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
Well, there are already a couple of crafting stations that are made to build furniture and other knickknacks, though what they can craft is limited. And I'm working on a similar system for my colonies that can include Sun & Moon's workstations and other mods, or it could be used with just dug-up treasure. In that case, I separate organics and minerals. For the Sun & Moon stations (which I might use more often) I would base the cost on the simoleon worth of refined materials, and probably use the planetary mineral-rating as well as any gold or gem bonuses to either raise or lower the worth.

Still, I would like a metal version of this workstation here: https://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post...nal-woodworking with options for brass and other metals. Maybe even an advanced pottery wheel and the like with paint and a kiln or raku pit.

It could be just some sort of cabin (like the one in which you can take pictures behind curtains) and your sim/worker would enter it with some sort of accessory (a metal stick and a hat meant to protect its eyes). At the end, when hte sim get out from behind the curtain, there would be the product wanted in the inventory, whatever big or small it is. No need for any custom animation or 'work in progress' mesh. And obviously, there would be a BCON file for simmers to add custom contents. :D

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Scholar
#11128 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 2:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavannatw
Didn't Sims 1 have something like that? There was a dog show that they could train for, or am I dreaming (it was a long time ago that I played it).

The Sims™ Pet Stories does, for the proper Pet Stories version for Sims 2 of dog training and dog showing see PetStoriesStuff.rtf
Mad Poster
#11129 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 3:22 AM
I still would also like to see some mods that would have townies and playables function as not only police officers, but also firefighters, animal control officers, exterminators, delivery drivers, nannies, repomen, and social workers. Like you could designate Goopy GilsCarbo as a Social Worker, Komei Tellerman as an officer or firefighter, Sandy Bruty as a nanny, etc. Or you could even have PT#9 Smith or one of the Singles function as one of these service NPCs. Anyone who has had a baby taken cannot be a nanny or social worker, obviously. It would be funny to have General Buzz get lectured by PT#9 Smith or one of the Curious brothers, or Loki cause a fire and have to call his sister to put it out. Or maybe he makes a prank emergency call and gets lectured and fined by Pascal or Vidcund, or Circe neglects her pet and gets lectured by Vidcund (followed by a prompt *BOOOOINK!*).

And I still am hoping for a good metal crafting station for metal furniture, appliances, and other items. If anyone is working on something like that, I would be glad to test it.
Forum Resident
#11130 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 4:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
I still would also like to see some mods that would have townies and playables function as not only police officers, but also firefighters, animal control officers, exterminators, delivery drivers, nannies, repomen, and social workers.

And I still am hoping for a good metal crafting station for metal furniture, appliances, and other items. If anyone is working on something like that, I would be glad to test it.

Only metal crafting station I know of is Nix Nivis, if furniture means goblets and cauldrons. However, the terms of usage allow anyone to use and amend it. Maybe someone will one day.

As for playable nannies and exterminators. I use Christianlov's All-In-One-Nanny My playable guy Coreneilus does all the repairs in the neighbourhood, and Jed my unfaithful bald guy does all the neighbours gardens and gets paid a fee. It doesn't do social workers and firefighters are experimental, but it does do barmen, butlers and cooks, nannies and exterminators. You can get your next-door neighbour to help your kids with homework and answer your phone. It is outdated in some areas, but works for what I want.

Some larger mods make use of your playable sims who work in certain career tracks. Simlogical Prison uses your sims as wardens, and Hatch's Hospital uses your sims as nurses, janitors, security guards and cooks. Some simmers also clone their sims and have them as the face of various NPC's. Simlogical's prison token stops the original NPC from walking around. Hatch's Cars As Sculptures will allow you to summon these clone faced NPC's and have them active on your lot. Jessa the YouTube player, plays her game like this. I think she uses all playable sims and has no townies or NPC's.
Mad Poster
#11131 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 6:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diovanlestat
Only metal crafting station I know of is Nix Nivis, if furniture means goblets and cauldrons. However, the terms of usage allow anyone to use and amend it. Maybe someone will one day.

Link? Also working on my template some more and simplifying the resources system so the base value of harvested resources is half of the resale value of the mined or otherwise harvested items multiplied by bonuses like the mineral rating or biome, gold or gem deposits bonus, soil fertility bonus, and gnome bonus. For the Plumb Bob Keep items, I'm still working on how to exchange various harvested PBKeep resources for raw materials for everyday items and for important things like factories. Might not even have regular jobs for most of the colonists - just have them mine and garden for their income until they establish an economy.
Forum Resident
#11132 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 6:28 PM
https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/cat...bbies/crafting/ There's also an older one, which has a new version of the cleanbot.
Your project sounds fascinating, I love reading your ideas. Sell From Inventory by Midge the Tree might prove usefull.
Mad Poster
#11133 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 8:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diovanlestat
https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/cat...bbies/crafting/ There's also an older one, which has a new version of the cleanbot.
Your project sounds fascinating, I love reading your ideas. Sell From Inventory by Midge the Tree might prove usefull.

Thanks! I still hope Frac can make a workbench for the crystals and metal ingots, like he and Sunni did for the basket weaving mod. It would be nice to have some way to use the ingots and gems.
Scholar
#11134 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 4:44 AM
Two wildly different things have crossed my mind today that would be good in the game:

Colouring books, usable by all ages toddler and up. Ideally would be several varieties of differing complexities with recommended creativity skill level; Sims with low creativity skills colouring in a high-creativity book would get frustrated and/or make a mess depending on personality and aspiration, while Sims with high creativity skills and a low-creativity book would get bored and/or make the picture more detailed depending on personality and aspiration (including "colouring corruptions" for some aspirations!). Colouring would slowly raise creativity itself, and if it worked out well, would raise fun -- badly would cause a tantrum and rage-quit, although making a mess and adding more detail (especially "corrupting" the image!) would increase fun. I'd really like to see the complexity linked to skill rather than age, so a gifted toddler (i.e. PlantSim) would not take too kindly to being given a simple book, while an adult with low skills would get lost with a complex book.

Camming equipment. This is probably more Chris Hatch's sort of thing, but at least I can mention it here, right? To be blunt, it's a lot more likely that a "normal" Sim would be engaging in such activities remotely than in person, and the latter is currently the only option. If only there was a webcam to interface with that bouquet and certain other choice objects...
Instructor
#11135 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 5:10 AM
A mini backyard-size soccer goal. My brother had a pop-up one as a kid. It's annoying sims can't play soccer- the cheapest, most universal RL sport ever- unless they have a big, flat 6X12 space in their yard.
Mad Poster
#11136 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 8:15 AM
I want "cancel immediately" mod for all actions. I know there are separate mods for newspaper, bedmaking and basketball but I want all actions in one and especially computer games...
Mad Poster
#11137 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 1:45 AM
A mod where kids and teens can ask for help with homework from the friends they repeatedly drag home from school. Lilith Pleasant has a bad relationship with her parents that they'll reject any request for help with homework. The Newson teens don't have any older family members to ask for help. Real kids used to come over to help each other study, so why not sim kids? (maybe not as effective as help from an older relative, but it would be nice if there were such an option). Or maybe something like University's "group study" option.
Space Pony
#11138 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 5:03 PM
A mod that takes the environment out of the equation so sims won't be affected by any environmental factor. I hate it when you make the nicest looking building only to have your sims cringe all the time because the place isn't decorated enough.
Lab Assistant
#11139 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 6:30 PM
I wish there were packing stations for baked goods just as there are for produce. It would make running a bakery without an in-house baker much easier. Especially in my medieval hood where my peasants do give their produced goods to merchants which pay them a set amount and the merchants then sell it in their stores. Transfering every single cake is just tedious.
Inventor
#11140 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 7:18 PM
^ I'm not sure how you play and handle money/ item exchanges , but this is a huge help to me http://www.modthesims.info/d/228385...d-05-05-08.html in much of that.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#11141 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 1:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
A mod where kids and teens can ask for help with homework from the friends they repeatedly drag home from school. Lilith Pleasant has a bad relationship with her parents that they'll reject any request for help with homework. The Newson teens don't have any older family members to ask for help. Real kids used to come over to help each other study, so why not sim kids? (maybe not as effective as help from an older relative, but it would be nice if there were such an option). Or maybe something like University's "group study" option.

To expand on this, also an adult they know from another household that meets the relationship point threshold for help. Because how is it that the Oldies can't be asked to help their grandkids?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#11142 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 1:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogrinder
A version of MCC command center made especially for sims 2 where we can go thru a list of autonomous actions and toggle them off so we don't have to keep downloading no autonomous (whatever) mods. Those add up after a while. I must have at least 50 to 60 no autonomous mods in my game. It would be nice to actually turn them on and off whenever we want to.

Try Pescado's "Autonomy Controller". This only works for objects (computers, TVs, MP3 players, etc.) and not for actions (hobby idles, smell flowers, etc.)

I linked to one of my own posts explaining how this works since Pescado's readme was less than helpful. The link to the mod is in the post.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post5268033
Top Secret Researcher
#11143 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 3:13 PM
Inventor
#11144 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 9:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia81
I'd love a hack to make novel writing increase the fun motive. (There isn't one already, is there?)

I use this one by Midge the Tree: Practice Writing
Not sure if it by seriousness, but fun does go up.
Lab Assistant
#11145 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 8:43 PM
I would like the interaction "common friends" so when sims meet they can bond about their mutual friends. "you also know Alice?! And Will too?". Being from a rural area it's common practice to get to know each other this way. Now I can pretend, but you know. It's always nice with more interactions.
Forum Resident
#11146 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by existerande
I would like the interaction "common friends" so when sims meet they can bond about their mutual friends. "you also know Alice?! And Will too?". Being from a rural area it's common practice to get to know each other this way. Now I can pretend, but you know. It's always nice with more interactions.

Closest you get to this is the "Network" skill from OFB. But I would also like a separate interaction to introduce neighbours to each other.
Instructor
#11147 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 3:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenbtrfly
I use this one by Midge the Tree: Practice Writing
Not sure if it by seriousness, but fun does go up.

I use that too and I love it. However, it doesn't make "actual" novel writing fun.
Alchemist
#11148 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 3:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965

I would make it so parents wouldn't refuse at all unless they had very low nice points, because how petty do you have to be to refuse to help your kid with homework?
Mad Poster
#11149 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 2:33 AM
You guys! You guys! Kestrallyn made the mod for asking visitors for homework help we all wanted!

https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=641155

Thanks @kestrallyn !

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#11150 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 27th Apr 2020 at 7:21 PM.
Well, I'm going crazy for alien stuff thanks to Marticore! One thing I'd really, really love to see come to The Sims 2 would be the Galaxa Space Car from The Sims 3. No clue if it's possible but I can dream, can't I? Imagine it! Aliens using a spaceship that hovers and flies away like a helicopter!!!

Edit: Just to add, I'd also love to see the "supervillain" & "afbodysuspendertights" outfits unlocked and available in CAS. I actually think they're epic, probably my favorite career outfits aside from the fig in LVL 10 Natural Science.
Page 446 of 478