Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#25651 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 6:32 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 1st Dec 2020 at 8:40 AM. Reason: more info
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
That is not normal, It should work. The only real difference is when sim are on holiday they can leave and return to the hotel but at any other neighbourhood type when they leave they are automatically checked out and can't return.

That's what I thought. I'll try a different hotel and see whether it's just that one, or something else.

EDIT: nope, different hotel, just the same. Also used a different concierge desk.
This was with nothing in Downloads except the CEP file.

My camping lot works fine, though - sims can check in and use all the facilities without being sent off in a taxi.

Anyone got another idea?
Screenshots

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#25652 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 1:16 AM
Have you tried changing the lot zoning to community, then change it back to lodging?

Are all the hotel rooms valid? As in, only 1 entrance using the hotel room door, and everything else contained within walls?
Alchemist
#25653 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 3:28 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 2nd Dec 2020 at 3:40 AM.
I have just spent some time in Twikkii, with varied results.
Both hotels were not showing as lodgings at first. When visited, there was no concierge, and my sim could enter the suites freely.
I built a tiny 'hotel' with one room and a concierge. No issue with that.

I placed my testing hotels fresh as community lots, and then saved them as hotels. This time, they both seemed fine. My sim stayed in one, with everything seeming to work as expected. (So I am sure the hotel rooms are valid, at least.)

So I thought, I must have fixed it! hooray! But just now I tried again, placing the functioning lodgings direct from the catalogue into the primary hood. Same problem as before.
At least I should be able to make them usable for a vacation hood, but I can't figure out what can be wrong. I tried switching the zoning back and forth, just in case, but no good. There's no error message to give me a hint. Maybe I need a proper help thread for this.

EDIT: the tiny testing hotel, built in Twikkii and placed as a lodging into the primary hood, works! (The others were not built in Twikkii, but in a custom vacation fake-subhood.) I really hope I don't have to do a major rebuild to fix these lots.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Scholar
#25654 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Burnziie
So my old Sim family name would have died out after my Sim married... Except the male dog still has the last name from the human founder. How do last-names work for pets so I can try to keep the old family name alive?

I use the SimBlender to change first and last names.
web.archive.org/web/20160316153636/http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,20.0.html

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#25655 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 3:43 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 2nd Dec 2020 at 3:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
From what I understand now, it is safe to move out a family and move them back into the same lot, as long as the lot is still in the same nhood. It is safe to delete a lot as long as there are no graves on it. It is supposedly not safe to take a once occupied lot and move it into the bin and then into a new neighborhood.

Honestly though I'm not so sure about the last one, as I've done so on several occasions, Cutley has some lots like that, and I haven't noticed corruption. I might be wrong, I don't think now-empty once-occupied lots carry stuff that leads to severe corruption. just some tokens and random junk that with the right mods and SimPE can be removed if they become bothersome.

Bolding mine.

If you have the hack by BoilingOil called BO-NoSimLoaded.package ; I think it cleans up any leftover corruption on an empty lot so that it's safe to move into the lot bin.
This hack shows as text when you move the new sim into the lot.
I've also moved in empty lots from old, different neighborhoods into the lot catalogue and have not noticed issues.
Hope that helps.

" Inama Nushif "
Forum Resident
#25656 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 4:25 PM
I'm pretty sure BoilingOil's 'No Sim Loaded' only gets rid of unused tokens, prevents / suppresses the Super Hug Bug, and cleans gossip memories (depending on the version you get). Unless there is another feature I forgot about...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#25657 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
I'm pretty sure BoilingOil's 'No Sim Loaded' only gets rid of unused tokens, prevents / suppresses the Super Hug Bug, and cleans gossip memories (depending on the version you get). Unless there is another feature I forgot about...

Yep, that could be it, too.

I used it on empty, pre-lived in lots, before putting them into the lot catalogue and so far have not had an issue in my new N-hood.
Thanks for the head's up; I'll go and check on Simbology. :P

" Inama Nushif "
Alchemist
#25658 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 7:12 PM
Tleilaxu3, I'm pretty sure No Sim Loaded only runs in live mode. Perhaps you're thinking of something else? Like Chris Hatch's Lot Cleaner? In any case, Simbology is gone now (though the downloads have been archived). Check Leefish: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-1665.html. The Lot Cleaner is here: https://modthesims.info/showthread....417#post5530417, if anyone needs.

Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
They also use makeup and skin by lilith, and brows by Poppet but I can't figure out their terms for uploading sims using their CC in their policies? Help please. What should I do?

I asked Poppet about their policy/tou a few months ago, since I was considering uploading a lot with some Poppet stuff. I happened to take a screenshot for my own personal records--good thing, too, as I don't see the post anymore (I was hoping to link it for you). If that's not good enough, just ask again. Poppet might still be checking messages; it's only been a couple of months since their last activity.

Lilith's policy is here: https://lilith-sims.tumblr.com/post...9183/policy-faq. I don't see anything about using their cc in uploads like sims, but again, just ask. They were active a little while ago. Just be patient because it might take them longer to reply. But don't be afraid of asking! It can seem like a long shot, but it can work if people still have their notifications set to go to email or something. I remember last year (I think) a simmer was looking for a working link of a neighborhood a creator uploaded years ago. They hadn't been active in years. But I messaged them about it. They never answered the message but the link did get fixed. Things like that can happen. Someone even managed to track down Quaxi once, after years of inactivity, and we got a small fix for SimPE that worked for awhile. So, you know, never hurts to try.
Screenshots

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#25659 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Tleilaxu3, I'm pretty sure No Sim Loaded only runs in live mode. Perhaps you're thinking of something else? Like Chris Hatch's Lot Cleaner? .

snipped for focus

Yes, thank you for the links as well.
I had placed quite a few empty lots into the bin during a neighborhood do-over.
Then deleted that hood and started a fresh one.

And I was thinking BO's NSL cleaned them from leftovers.
But you're correct it was CH's lot cleaner.
Also can be used in live mode, I think ?

" Inama Nushif "
Alchemist
#25660 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 10:13 PM
It can, though you should save, exit, and re-enter after use. From Chris' post I linked to earlier (bold emphasis mine):
Quote:
Intended as a tool for preparing lots for upload or cleaning up downloaded lots, I originally made this tool for preparing the 'Back Alley' neighbourhood and 'Perky Peaks' for upload.

This item will delete all controllers, off world items and any NPC schedules. It deletes everything on initialization so just select then delete it, the lot does not need to go into live mode for it to work. This ensures the lot runs a fresh set of controllers that are suited to the end user's EPs next time the lot loads.

Used as a last resort, this is also capable of fixing most faults that can occur at a liveable lot, but save, exit and re-enter the lot before allowing the lot to run after use though as faults will occur while no controllers, TV stations, careers etc. exist.

Find in general / miscellaneous category of the catalogue.

I recommend removing from your download folder when not needed to prevent accidental use.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#25661 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 2:13 AM
I would like to upload several sims based on the book version of Harry Potter, but there is no category for book characters, what should I put them under?
Top Secret Researcher
#25662 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
I would like to upload several sims based on the book version of Harry Potter, but there is no category for book characters, what should I put them under?

"Other"

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#25663 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 7:54 PM
Silly question, but is there any way to cheaty demote a Sim or force their LTW to be completed? Danielle Pleasant has a LTW to be a Hall of Famer, except she already IS a Hall of Famer. For some reason it just didn't trigger. So I want to force it to happen or demote her a level so she can get promoted again.
Forum Resident
#25664 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Silly question, but is there any way to cheaty demote a Sim or force their LTW to be completed? Danielle Pleasant has a LTW to be a Hall of Famer, except she already IS a Hall of Famer. For some reason it just didn't trigger. So I want to force it to happen or demote her a level so she can get promoted again.

Simblender can set her to level nine, then it's a matter of time until she gets promoted, I guess.

Also side note, genderswapped Pleasantview?
Mad Poster
#25665 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 9:32 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 3rd Dec 2020 at 10:02 PM.
Ah, that's good, I already have Simblender installed, thanks! And yes lol, I have a whole genderswapped uberhood. Started it in 2012. I just started round 2. XD

ETA: It worked, she just came home with a promotion, a popup that she'd completed her LTW and a new LTW to woohoo 20 different Sims!
Top Secret Researcher
#25666 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 2:54 AM
Is it safe to put an occupied house in the lot catalog if you then place it in the same neighborhood (even if it's a subhood)?
Or is it safe to put used lots in the lot catalog at all? I've been meaning to send some lots to a subhood but I'm scared it'll corrupt :o
Do you have to "clean" them first or something?

#25667 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 3:01 AM
Never put an occupied house in the lot bin. You can move it around your neighborhood without putting it in the bin, but you can't place it in the bin and then back in the same neighborhood or subhood of that neighborhood. It's the action of putting it in the bin that changes everything and causes corruption. If you put a house in the bin and then back in the neighborhood, you'll see that your Sims no longer have ties to anyone they might have knew before- including relatives.

As for used lots that aren't currently occupied - I'm no expert. I just avoid doing it. I think it depends if the particular lot has traces of Sims that once lived in it.
Top Secret Researcher
#25668 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 3:06 AM
Ah thanks, that's what I thought! I just remembered reading somewhere that sim references on the lot are still valid if placed in the same neighborhood, but that doesn't apply to moving actual occupied lots then.
So is it safe if I move them out and then move the lot to the catalog, then place that in the subhood and move the sims back in?

Forum Resident
#25669 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 3:22 AM
Question about file size I have two sims prepared and zipped for upload the file size is 4.36 MB and 2.40 MB (Don't know why there's such a difference it's basically twins with the only difference being hair and different color outfits)And the file limit for MTS is 50 MB, are my files small enough? (I am bad with numbers )
Top Secret Researcher
#25670 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 3:35 AM
That's not a strange difference at all. For example if you compare images with only one color each, their file sizes will still vary relatively much even if the color is the only difference. Compare a black and a white image for example. So if you use different hair with different meshes and everything etc, it's not weird.

Also yes that's almost 10 times smaller than the max limit so you're good.

Forum Resident
#25671 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 4:08 AM
Yeah, as the person above stated, it would most likely be the hair that's causing the increased file size. Outfits, makeup, and accessories can also have this effect from my own experience with cloning in BodyShop.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#25672 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Ah thanks, that's what I thought! I just remembered reading somewhere that sim references on the lot are still valid if placed in the same neighborhood, but that doesn't apply to moving actual occupied lots then.
So is it safe if I move them out and then move the lot to the catalog, then place that in the subhood and move the sims back in?

The lot is still filled with a lot of sim references, so tehnically not 100% safe. Would still need cleaning if you decide you want to use it for a family and don't want any potential issues cropping up, especially in a different neighborhood.

There are ways to safely extract and clean lots with furniture intact but remove sim references. You can do this, then place a copy of the house in the subhood, and then move sims out of their old house and over to the new one in the subhood like you'd do if they were just moving to a new house in the neighborhood.

A few way to clean lots and keep furniture, but get rid of sim references and other things that could cause problems:
https://modthesims.info/t/609188
https://thesims2.livejournal.com/6049797.html - you may want to run CH's cleaner just in case before moving sims in first.
Mad Poster
#25673 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 10:42 PM
why is there no bartender?
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25674 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 10:48 PM
I don't think every bar spawns one. Try another bar, a more expensive one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25675 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I don't think every bar spawns one. Try another bar, a more expensive one.

Didn't know that; this is also a custom bar, so will try replacing. At first no one could access (I had moved connecting pillars off-grid), but that didn't fix.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 1027 of 1346