Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 4:41 PM
Default adoption issues
When a Sim adopts, the child's name changes, and his family tree. So unless I make notes about all the orphans (and those removed by social worker) I won't remember their REAL relatives. Is there something that will stop his family tree from being wiped out? Or at least give me his original last name. So twins, separated at birth, can no longer fall in love...(I know I can set family relationship, but that doesn't fix the ability to fall in love,etc)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 6:45 PM
If you set a familial relationship with Found Family, it absolutely does make it impossible for them to fall in love. If you really want to preserve their original family ties and name, you can just teleport them to the lot directly from the adoption queue using a teleporter, but then they won't have any family ties with their adoptive parents and will be able to fall in love with their siblings, etc.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 4:09 AM
What is Found Family? Teleporting is a possibility, but finding the Sim to transport can be really time consuming; they are not always under their original family name.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 5:06 AM
Found Family: https://modthesims.info/d/620238/found-family.html

Teleporting is much easier if you go into SimPE and rename all the special families to something that makes sense.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If you set a familial relationship with Found Family, it absolutely does make it impossible for them to fall in love. If you really want to preserve their original family ties and name, you can just teleport them to the lot directly from the adoption queue using a teleporter, but then they won't have any family ties with their adoptive parents and will be able to fall in love with their siblings, etc.

Found family lets you set their adoptive family as family as well though, doesn't it?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 9:19 PM
Yes, you can set anyone as family that isn't already family.
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 2:47 AM
CJH_NeighbourTeleporter.zip in orphan mode (Filter.../Orphans ON) only sims from the Orphan Family are available and your sim will adopt the neighbour teleported in. Parent/Child relationships are set but the family tree does not change. Once the adopted sim grows up to child or teen there is an option on it for the sim to move back to her/his birth mother's family provided at least one birth parent is still alive.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:19 AM
Interesting, what data does the family tree use to draw itself? I thought it relied on SRELs, but if you can change the parents without affecting the family tree that's obviously not the case.