Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#676 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 11:55 PM
Ive been playing around with sliders! lol

Patteroon Mimoondancer
Screenshots

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Advertisement
#677 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 10:49 PM
Default Picking an outfit for Jamie :)
Not sure, what do you think? I want him to wear something orange because I think the colour suits him.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#678 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
Not sure, what do you think? I want him to wear something orange because I think the colour suits him.

Orange is good. Definitely the jacket. Makes him look more confident with his choice.
Forum Resident
#679 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Orange is good. Definitely the jacket. Makes him look more confident with his choice.

Agreed. The jacket would be a very good choice, WatermelonSandal.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Field Researcher
#680 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 2:39 AM Last edited by Noa_4ever : 18th Dec 2020 at 2:55 AM.
Just wanted to say I love your Sims, WatermelonSandal. Haven't downloaded any yet - I should have done that at the start and made them my townies - maybe I will do that on a few once this next rotations done. All of your Sims look great! I learned some good CC to use from you, too, so thanks!

Here's one of my Sims. Michi. He's a woodworker and primarily works as a stocker in the home business when he's not making wooden decorations and knife blocks. He found out just how much his wife does when it comes to running the family business. When she became pregnant, he was forced to try his best:

Don't let her and the home business down, Michi!

The line grew longer, but he persevered. For anyone who hasn't seen it, the animation for Sims who don't know how to operate a register is 110% ADORABLE. The little, singular beep once every ten sim minutes got to me as he found the buttons to push.

He finally succeeded when the till flew open and popped him in the stomach (not posted here).

I have deduced that he is probably the most... perplexed Sim in the neighborhood I've recently started, and he is not observant at all , especially when he's visiting his neighbor's home, which he has done EVERY DAY SO FAR in order to just use their chess table and not interact with them at all. And yet, the neighbors still like him, so I think he's just going to be my lovable goofball who is perplexed by social interactions. I guess I'll see, though.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#681 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 1:34 PM
@Noa_4ever Lovely pictures! I really love Michi, he has the same spectacles as someone else I know! :lovestruc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#682 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 8:23 AM
#683 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 8:47 PM
More tweaks to Tony, including facial features, different facial hair and beauty marks, a scalp cap, and a hairline. Liking him a lot more now.

Also... Baroma Chaipatana: My Thai Sim. I originally started work on a Sim of the same name in TS3 back in February but idk where he is now. So here he is, more developed in TS2.
He might have the lakorn hair and outfit down but trust me he finds those shows tiresome. Also I've just realised he would probably benefit from a scalp cap as well.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#684 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 8:45 AM
simsample, that's (this picture ) the first Sim I've ever seen smoking a cigarette! I find it incredible how socially unacceptable smoking has become in recent years. If technology had allowed a Sims game in the 1950s, smoking would have been almost universal. Starting to smoke was almost almost part of growing up. When I got my own flat in 1971, was uncertain whether to buy an ashtray or a No Smoking sign. I bought an ashtray because back then putting up a No Smoking sign could have been considered antisocial. I felt I had to provide an ashtray for my smoking visitors! Changed days!! I have occasionally smoked myself but never became a "smoker".

For the sake of historical accuracy, any 'hood set in the mid 20th century really should include lots of Sims smoking. My game has more than a hint of utopia in it, so I don't think I'll bother introducing "cancer tubes" (as a friend of my mother used to call them, as in, "Would you like a cancer tube?") to Veronaville.

On the whole I think the change is for the better -- some workplace environments used to be quite unbearable.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#685 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 10:38 AM Last edited by simsample : 31st Dec 2020 at 5:01 PM.
@AndrewGloria Hehe, yes it used to be that many smoked, I used to for many years but gave up around 20 years ago.

That sim is called Curtis Moron, he is one of my Uni dormies. He spends most of his time on the bubble blower! The cigarette is just an accessory, but someone made a proper smoking mod once I remember... PC Sims or Carrigon maybe? Anyone remember? I think he's the only one I have with a cigarette, it just seems to suit him!

Edit: I just came across another picture of him, it seems that he even smokes in the shower!
Screenshots
Scholar
#686 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 10:12 PM Last edited by Freefalldreams : 31st Dec 2020 at 10:36 PM.
Scenes from Strangetown Sixty-What (why yes, I do have a tendency to label everything...):

"Just because I almost dropped a spacecraft on a city does not mean I did anything wrong! That was a valuable mission and worth more than a little flood damage..."

A valuable radioactive mission, thinks Pascal. Those people are going to be trucking in water for years...
Buzz Grunt's career-ending flub had just made every other bit of base gossip uncontroversial, much to the relief of the guy who had just produced a very not-human child and the other guy who had spent last night cruising Road To Nowhere in a funeral-home limo with the gravekeeper's niece.
(I definitely should have made the other choice on the chance card, given that the demotion would be much less disruptive to the storyline than Buzz getting fired. In my defence, however, there wasn't anything even resembling a shuttle for an intercept mission in the '60s. Or now, for that matter... Of course, Pascal's SNASA shirt should really have the "worm" logo, but I want it enough to let a little aesthetic advancement slide...though we're going back to that logo too, so maybe I should try making recolours...)

In which Buzz drafts the resignation letter he was informed might get him a decent foreign-service job rather than being sent to a combat zone.

I name this kid Tycho for the first time ever in any version of my game, and he winds up with this hair? Can't bear to change it, but that is going to get the wrong kind of attention in this place and time...as if he wasn't getting that already.

I have no idea where this hood is going, but I'm going to at least try to hold out and keep playing the messy story it's spinning into until Chris Newbie releases Strangesttown. At least I had the courage to post these pictures, and thanks to the smoking conversation between @simsample and @AndrewGloria I'll also post in the Female Sims thread. I've got a picture I've wanted to share for a while there, but was concerned that it would get a bad reaction because it involves smoking... There are a lot of things happening in this hood that are not nice things, and I don't want to look like I'm romanticizing them when they're barely a sop at historical accuracy (I don't believe I can achieve true historical accuracy, and accepting that and making the best of it is part of the point of Strangetown Sixty-What). I actually have a No Smoking sign in my house, although only because it's a rental and the sign was here when we moved in -- I can't imagine anyone would light up in a house they're merely visiting nowadays. However, that was certainly not true in the 1990s and early 2000s; I remember visitors smoking during meals without even asking if it was acceptable, then putting out the cigarettes in their plates or cups when objections were made! Even in the mid-2000s, I had an older friend who adopted black cigarettes along with pink hair as part of her Gothish remake of herself, and my mother was happy because she now made a dramatic production of going outside to smoke and didn't chain-smoke because those were even more expensive than normal cigarettes.
Scholar
#687 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 4:08 AM
Trisha isn't gonna know! at least they're not wearing shoes on the couch.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#688 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 4:11 AM
Default Remus and Lyall Lupin
Remus Lupin and his father Lyall

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#689 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 12:58 PM Last edited by Nightlight : 11th Jan 2021 at 1:23 PM.
I'm back to the game after years... I'm so happy

Daniel, my new Sim

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Forum Resident
#690 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 5:50 AM
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

.....can't find a good hair
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#691 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 9:36 PM
Forum Resident
#692 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 11:12 PM
Just a smattering of the predominate five male bodyshapes I use in my Shape Island hood. While none of my playable males use it, I did include the Maxis shape for comparison (and besides that's what all the non-playables in the hood are stuck with).
Screenshots

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Instructor
#693 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 11:30 AM
@simsample, that's so adorable! Even Mr AnMal made a cute noise when he saw it.

This is Jason Ceveland on a date with his ex-wife's room mate Joar. Jason seems a bit shocked at Joar's open flirting, but he likes it all the same. They live together now.

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#694 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 2:55 PM
Fulk Redwood, single dad to Eleanor, decided to bring her to the grave of his late wife Anna so she could be a part of Eleanor learning how to walk <3

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Forum Resident
#695 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 11:39 PM
Default Lyall
Lyall Lupin, honestly did not expect to like the sculpt as much as I do is one of my best/favorites

Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#696 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 1:25 PM
This sim scares me, but he seems to get on well with the other sims!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#697 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 6:43 PM
I wanted to test something in Strangetown and I played Olive's house, she rolled a want to get a maid and my game must have spawned a new sim because I searched the wiki and this guy doesn't exist in the premade townies or NPCs of the hood. His name is Orville Ainsworth and the game gave him this custom hair and made him look totally out of place in Strangetown
Screenshots
Instructor
#698 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 12:41 AM
I've already posted these over on my tumblr, but I wanted to show it off here too. This is Theboldandthebeautifulsims' gorgeous Keke. He's known in my game as André Silveira, and I'm working on making him an original character in his own right.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#699 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amalia81
I've already posted these over on my tumblr, but I wanted to show it off here too. This is Theboldandthebeautifulsims' gorgeous Keke. He's known in my game as André Silveira, and I'm working on making him an original character in his own right.

Very nice!!

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

#700 Old 11th May 2021 at 11:20 AM
Default Mikhail (left) and Miroslav (right)
I seem to inadvertently be creating a collection of Russian Sims with long black hair who wear purples and blues. See also: the Promokhov twins , Dmitri. I think the dark colours suit them.
Screenshots
Page 28 of 30