Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2021 at 2:28 PM
Default Textures Do Not Appear
Hi all,

I'm having an issue with TSRW lately, when I open some objects like the one in the screenshot, the textures don't appear and thus I cannot extract them. This happens to random objects. Does anyone know why?

The other tabs (besides the textures tab) still work fine, I can extract the mesh, for example.

What is also weird is that when I close a project like this, an error pops up (see screenshot (apologies for it being in Dutch)), which basically says that the object reference is not set to an instance of an object. How do I fix this?

After the error pops up, I am forced to close TSRW via Task Manager, as the error keeps appearing and stops me from closing the program otherwise.

Reinstalling TSRW sadly did not help...

Does anyone have an Idea how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th May 2021 at 3:18 PM
In my experience, this happens with items that aren't recolorable. I don't know what the fix is or if there is one, but my workaround is to export everything I need then import the mesh and what textures I could scrape from materials into a clean clone of an item that IS recolorable.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2021 at 4:54 PM
Ohh, OK, thank you very much for the information! The object that's in the screenshot is indeed not recolourable and one object that DID work was recolourable. Thank you for the tip as well!