Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 2:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How can I fire an employee without talking to them directly?
Hello,

I used to have an employee in my business, but it seems that I've probably deleted this Sim from the family bin or his tombstone. (I don't know what exactly happened lol)
I can still go to my business lot with the owner (he just won't show up), but I can't go to that lot with another household. I've got an error with "Controller - CLP - Community Lot - Populator" which makes it impossible to load the lot.
After a few tests I came to the conclusion that it was because of this employee, who no longer exists in the game. Which makes sense, the game tries to make him come but he doesn't have any 3D data or something like that.

My question is: how can I fire this Sim without talking to him? I haven't found any option other than interacting by talking to the Sim in question.
I've had a look at SimPE but I've only seen settings to change customer loyalty and the level of the business.
I could sell the lot and buy it back, but I want to avoid that.

Thank you
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N005_t52971.txt (1.1 KB, 7 downloads)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Nov 2023 at 7:08 PM Last edited by Smefanye : 27th Nov 2023 at 7:18 PM.
Sorry for the late response, I don't check the help section that often- but have you tried checking the employee's career tab in SimPE? I don't play businesses much at all, but I do know that being hired at a business counts as a job for a sim, so it might be under the career tab. Try setting the deleted employee to being unemployed, and see if that works. If it doesn't... I got nothing.

Edit- I checked SimPE, and no, it wouldn't be under the careers tab. However, my tab for OFB has fields for Business Lot, Flags, Salary, Assignment, and Owned Businesses. A sim that is not employed at any businesses, nor owns any businesses, has 4 zeroes in the Business Lot field, 16 zeroes in the Flags field, a salary of 0, an assignment of nothing, and a blank Owned Businesses field. Make a backup of the neighborhood, and copy that information. It's also possible that some of the data is indeed stored in the careers tab- my main neighborhood doesn't actually have any owned businesses, so it's possible SimPE will prevent you from setting someone as an employee for a nonexistent business in the careers tab.

Justice for Viola Monty!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2023 at 5:21 PM
No worries!
The OFB tab for a Sim, you can't modify the Business Lot/Flags inputs, it seems they are in read-only :/
I'm a bit afraid to touch these settings, I guess I'll just leave it like that, I just can't visit the lot with another households but it's ok

Thank you for your time tho!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 12:22 AM
Wait a second, if there are settings to set the business level and customer loyalty, that means it should be relatively simple to recreate the business if you dissolve it and re-open it- just write down the business level, customer loyalty, and all the employee assignments and salaries, and all you'd need to do manually is rehire everyone else. And don't be afraid to mess around with stuff in SimPE, just make a backup of the neighborhood before you do something you aren't sure about. That way, if you screw something up badly, you can just fall back on the untouched backup.

Justice for Viola Monty!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 7:52 AM
You could try and get the deleted sim back. https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=491560