Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:50 AM
Default Pokemon world
I'd love some ideas/opinions on this. I'm thinking about building a pokemon type world of the first games. (red, blue, yellow) I KNOW this is going to be a HUGE world, but I can't think of how to split it up. Usually in the animes, the towns are ginormous towns, but in the games, they have a few buildings and that's about it. Help, comments, suggestions, anything? I've never undertaken anything like this before and I have been really inspired by someone on Tumblr to try this.

Here's the map of the world I plan to do. If all goes well, I'll do the other games as well. xP

The post I was inspired by
Also crossposted from TheSimsDaily. If any of you are a part of that forum.

This is just to try and plan before I do anything. I need ideas. xD
If this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it. Dx
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 11:09 PM
Okay well I decided to spplit that map into 6 parts. The first part.. when I sculpted it came out like this:

What am I doing wrong? The lightish green is below sea level.. but I can't get it to go any lower.. I've seen it where it looks like a really deep ocean.. or did I do it right? Please tell me I don't have to re-do that part over. xD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 12:40 AM
In your view menu, click on 'fog' so that the fog shows up. That should make the water look opaque. If it doesn't then it shows that you have your terrain too low, so what you should do is to raise the height of your above-sea areas a bit, and then raise the water level correspondingly. That will allow you to lower the ocean floor to make the water deeper.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 2:13 AM
Thanks, the fog worked. :3 Now I just have to figure out the terrain for that region ._.;
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 2:24 PM
What happened to this project?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 1:37 AM
I think it died 9 years ago like this thread.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 12:09 PM
I'm still alive though. But some days I have to check!