Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Ceiling Fan!

by simfantastic2 Posted 26th Mar 2005 at 11:00 PM - Updated 18th Oct 2008 at 9:23 PM by -Maylin-

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 116 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Field Researcher
#51 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 2:07 PM
Nope, the animation is too choppy. I have given up as it doesn't wanna go smoother.
Field Researcher
#52 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSims2Master
Nope, the animation is too choppy. I have given up as it doesn't wanna go smoother.

How did you proceed it ?
Field Researcher
#53 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 2:10 PM
In milkshape, I followed their tutorial on the help section.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 2:14 PM
I don't understand, tools have just allowed us to assign bone to vertex.... ?!
You need a bhav function to start an animation.

I have work a lot on the bubble blower...
Instructor
#55 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 11:23 PM
Have you got you animation actually into the game to preview that it is too choppy? i have found no such tutorial, Thesims2master.

Psyckotic can i request a tutorial on how you do you animations?
#56 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 10:26 AM
Thank you for your hard work and sharing it ,I know where its going .
Field Researcher
#57 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thefuzmixman
Have you got you animation actually into the game to preview that it is too choppy? i have found no such tutorial, Thesims2master.

Psyckotic can i request a tutorial on how you do you animations?

That's why i ask TheSim2master for his tutorial link...
I don't know how to use "animate sim" or "animate object" bhav func, I just know how to change material so it can be a trick to make sort of animation with animated material, i have already say that in my animated world globe thread.
But for the ceilling fan i have perhaps an idea with the animated rotation of the bubble blower.I perhaps can use the bone of this animation by replacing the bubble blower base mesh with the ceilling fan, assigned all its vertex to this bone instead of the vertex use by the top of the bubbler blower base mesh. And finally find the good behavior that animate the rotation and put as a sub function of the ceilling fan main behavior.

But as you can think it is a big for meh, i can't work in several project.

I hope i have answered to your question.
Instructor
#58 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 6:33 PM
Sorry that im just now getting back to you. Ok, so let me get this straight. Your globe does not actually rotate the 3d model rather the map which is on it? Damn that is clever. You totally fooled me.

I don't know much about animation. If you could use the bubble blower as a base, i think that would be awesome, but are saying that the mesh would be to big to be usable?? Im sorry i didn't quite get what you meant.
Test Subject
#59 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 10:21 PM
Love the fan but when I went to put it in my house the blades don't show up.
Test Subject
#60 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 3:51 AM
the blades don't show up for me either-just the lights
Field Researcher
#61 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thefuzmixman
Sorry that im just now getting back to you. Ok, so let me get this straight. Your globe does not actually rotate the 3d model rather the map which is on it? Damn that is clever. You totally fooled me.

I don't know much about animation. If you could use the bubble blower as a base, i think that would be awesome, but are saying that the mesh would be to big to be usable?? Im sorry i didn't quite get what you meant.

You need to read the new mesh tool tutorial and try it and you will understand all.
I have tried to make the good mesh, i have got some error when i finish the mesh i just use the bone that rotate. Anyway the mesh show up well in the game, then i have tried to add the bhav that rotate it = it dont works ! damn
But i will discover in the data of animations resource that it need the CRES instance of the original object, because you can in its data there is slot name and assigned bones....
So i need to adapt the ceiling fan to the bubble blower and remove what i dont need. It is not the opposite.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 12:28 PM Last edited by psyckotic : 3rd Apr 2005 at 1:04 PM.
OK it works...

*edit* before i have tried to replace the cres of the ceiling fan to the bubble blower and fix integrity.... it don't work... So i have to import all the bhav of light to the bubble blower. But it is a problem coz light need a slot for its light.
So there is another way to create that light is to create a new object instance on the same slot like the pillow for the bubble blower. I don't think it is very hard.

A little picture to see the progress...look the position of the shadow and the model.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#63 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 1:56 PM Last edited by psyckotic : 3rd Apr 2005 at 6:42 PM.
I have to completely remake the mesh so i will open a new thread but i will give credit for the idea to simsfanatic....

*edit*I have managed to remove pillow and directly interact with the rotation. But i have a problem to create a new object instance and assign it to a slot. Anyway there will be no light for the moment.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 4:06 AM
Wonderful work!
Test Subject
#65 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 7:41 AM
Ceiling Fan
I downloaded your ceiling fan and played my game,but the blades aren't there.The light portion shows just fine. I have the EP.
Test Subject
#66 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 7:27 PM
wow!:D...i've been waiting this thing for a long time!i'm glad you made it!i'll gotta test it!:D
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 7:46 PM
Man, that's awesome. I'll never understand how to do this 3D stuff, so thanks 2 u simmies who do. :bump:

You can now find me at the Variousimmers forums in Kaiburr's Empire
Test Subject
#68 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 3:18 AM
Thank you very much!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 12:42 PM
Super............I need it.......Thanks a lot
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 1:06 PM
Hoot! A ceiling fan! Thankyou, thats cool..lol.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 2:20 PM
Does any Einsteins here think htey may be able to get the fan moving? That would be a dream come true! Anyway, thanks simfantastic! This is awesome! Luv ya! Bbi!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 2:22 PM
The blades show up 4 me! Sorry 4 the rest of u!
Field Researcher
#73 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 4:23 PM
I am not Einstein but you can test that :
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=55770
Scholar
#74 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 5:30 PM
these work great in my game.tuvm.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 9:22 PM
Can u make in zip plz.Thanx
Page 3 of 5