Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 7:24 PM
Default Whats the difference between University and Highschool Years?
I'm kinda confused about those two packs... I'm right now writting down which packs for Sims 4 I would like to have but idk about these two... which I want.. whats the difference? How does it play out if you have both and your sim is getting older? I want to play family based and have so much livetime out of my sims as I can... I do like university for Sims 2 for example
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 4:56 AM
If you family-based you probably better purchasing High School Years because there is no boarding schools. But you can also do your University at home and just attend classes from there, but do this you may be missing out of a lot of the features and gameplay from the pack.

Also University classes are rabbit-hole based but the High School classes are not. IDK how they go together, they are both their own packs, one is for the Adults, and other for the Teens.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 11:36 AM
Ouh thanks! I thought both are for Adults XD I'm not from america... we don't have highschools... I mistaken it.. that makes of cours emuch more sense now
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 8:33 PM
I know what you mean. Here in Czechia, High School (Vysoká škola) and University (Univerzita) are synonyms. What Americans call High School is actually Middle School (Střední škola) out here. And what Americans call Middle School is actually part of Elementary School. Yeah, things like this can get very confusing and even headache inducing.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
Ouh thanks! I thought both are for Adults XD I'm not from america... we don't have highschools... I mistaken it.. that makes of cours emuch more sense now

High school is pretty much like gymnasium if you're from europe.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 10:25 PM
Although in some parts of Europe a gynmasium is a place where you do gymnastics; secondary school is for teens; College and Uni are distinct and for adults. Sims is very confusing for some of us! And why are there no letterboxes?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 11:40 PM Last edited by daisylee : 9th Feb 2023 at 11:51 PM.
In US is it generally 1-6 elementary, 7-8 middle or jr high, 9-12 high school, 13-14 only jr college, 13-16 college or univ, then masters, then phd. Colleges are privately owned and universities run by the states.

Nursery and then kindergarten are pre first grade.
Scholar
#8 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Although in some parts of Europe a gynmasium is a place where you do gymnastics; secondary school is for teens; College and Uni are distinct and for adults. Sims is very confusing for some of us! And why are there no letterboxes?

In my country (Netherlands) Gymnasium is like a preparatory high school (according to wikipedia). Starting at 12/13 years old. This is where Ancient Greek and Latin is taught and they have a more academic way of teaching. Then you have next to that Atheneum. Both which are called VWO. Both prep for university. And in addition (same age bracket still), you have HAVO (prep for high school) and VMBO. (more practical) There were even more some 20 years ago.
Like someone else already mentioned highschool is higher education here, alongside university. This is sometimes why it is weird to me when I hear people from other countries talk about university as if it is useless. But such a study would probably be a highschool study over here (like marketing, communication, art etc). These tend to be useless if there is no market for it when you finish.
On the other hand , I don't really see a physics, economy or math master degree as useless regardless of market situation in my country
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 6:45 PM
In Lithuanian, we have like pre-gymnasium (covers 4-8 grade usualy, but also contains 1-4 grade in a seperate section of the building (I believe its referred as elementary type and primary?), gymnasium or "middle school" (which I seen it as equivalent to US high school) goes like 9-12 grades, and optional vocational school (for anyone if they decide to finish 12 grades and a year OR if they finished grades ust a year if they already finished the remaining years). And then there is college, university, "kolegija" (I just realized it may as well mean college lol) and other kinds of higher-level schools which you attend after your over 18 and finished up to 12 grades

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#10 Old 29th Mar 2023 at 10:20 AM
University- Go To College + you are getting robots + utilibots
High School Years- Teens + you are getting the orientation update
Personally I like DU (Discover University) because of the servo and the utilibots the party bot is my favorite nest is the cleaning bot. Party bot plays music, serves drinks and food, and every now and then it just shoots out a burst of confetti. It floats and bobs around your sim and they just dance so it is very handy :-D

NOTICE
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.