Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Replacement Face Templates for CAS/BodyShop

by AllenABQ Posted 24th Nov 2005 at 4:47 AM - Updated 28th Nov 2005 at 2:54 AM by AllenABQ

93 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 5:56 AM
I love this mod. I'm so tired of my sims ALWAYS producing ugly children when they marry townies. One question though. Should I remove this download before I install Open For Business?
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 12:45 AM
I see, I read, and I like
Test Subject
#53 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 8:28 PM
You. are. my. hero.

Thank you!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 7:20 PM
I have to tell you how much I love this mod! I really hated the ugly townies so I created a new neighborhood, deleted all the townies and generated new ones. My townies are SOO cute! I created an apartment of four single sims and had them flirt with all the townies. Two have married very nice looking townies and another is romancing all the women. I am no longer afraid of ugly townie genes!

I must add that while a few of my townies are gorgeous, most of them are simple cute and realistic looking. Only a couple are slightly homely..but in a realistic lovable sort of way. This has made a huge difference and I have no odd looking townies with huge lips and buggy eyes.

Thanks so much! While I have downloaded lots of great mods, this one has had probably the biggest impact on the visuals in my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
I have to tell you how much I love this mod! I really hated the ugly townies so I created a new neighborhood, deleted all the townies and generated new ones. My townies are SOO cute! I created an apartment of four single sims and had them flirt with all the townies. Two have married very nice looking townies and another is romancing all the women. I am no longer afraid of ugly townie genes!

I must add that while a few of my townies are gorgeous, most of them are simple cute and realistic looking. Only a couple are slightly homely..but in a realistic lovable sort of way. This has made a huge difference and I have no odd looking townies with huge lips and buggy eyes.

Thanks so much! While I have downloaded lots of great mods, this one has had probably the biggest impact on the visuals in my game.

So glad you like, Rian90! :nod:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#56 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 6:37 AM Last edited by AllenABQ : 10th Feb 2006 at 11:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ellatrue
I have some questions about them:
1. How does it affect genetics of existing sims, that were created using the slider bars? Will their children look different because of the changes in the facial templates?
2. What about sims that we download that were made with the regular facial templates? Will they look the same?
3. And what about uploads? Will the sims we make after installing these look the same in other people's games as they do in ours, or will their features change?
4. How will the genetics of those uploaded sims function in other games?

These are all good questions, Ellatrue. Here are my answers based on experience so far.

1. Existing sims not affected. Children still inherit parents' features.
2. Dowloaded sims look the same.
3. & 4. Can't answer with absolute certainty, BUT the pattern seems to be that sims imported into a game retain the looks and genetics they were created with. For certain they DO NOT haul any "templates" with themselves that might alter another person's game.

If anyone notes differently from what I've said, by all means let us know.
Test Subject
#57 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 9:08 AM
:salute: Yeah, no more fish lips!!!! Thank you so much!!!! This will help my next Legacy family immensely. No more uglies.

Come on little simmies, come on. That's it, this way. Muhahahahahaha!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 2:15 PM
Downloading. I saw this once, didn't download and now I've been looking for this for weeks if not months. The bigmouths look weird but I can tolerate them - however, I really hate that (Benjamin) long nose, and I'm glad this will help me to get rid of the face. I hope you have also fixed the face that to me looks like a bird. I'll test. I'm certain that this will improve my game. Thank you for your effort.
Test Subject
#59 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 11:51 PM
Thank you for this.. though I'm a freak and like using my hacks to make nightmarish kids on purpose (has anyone seen kids produced from the Therapist? *shudder*), I don't particularly like having them crop up on their own.
Instructor
#60 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 11:44 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 4th Mar 2006 at 1:04 AM.
This is awesome! I tried this in Body Shop, and even ugly Sims look at least normal.
Also the more ethnic types look great, I think maxis had made some features exageratedly unrealistic.
And there's so many more features (noses, mouths, jaws) to choose from to make good looking Sims!
If I understand well, if I wanted to keep this original maxis face:

I would have to delete the whole 4-emed family?
(I wonder if "emed" stands for east-mediterranean?)

Thank again for this great download!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#61 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
I would have to delete the whole 4-emed family?
(I wonder if "emed" stands for east-mediterranean?)
Thank again for this great download!

Yes! Remove ALL the 4-emed family files, including those for men and women of all age groups if that's the one you don't want overridden in the game.
Instructor
#62 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 10:43 AM
Thanks, I really wanted to keep this face (your version was close though, I could have lived with it! :D)
Another thing that makes me sooooo happy is face nº3: I always thought the female was beautiful (in a strong featured way) and the male untolerably ugly, and now the female is still similar to maxi's (with slightly more balanced features), and the male is at least interesting!
Also I noticed eyes are smaller in general, it makes them so much more realistic, I had got used to the "make-the-eyes-smaller-and-closer-together" routine in order to make my Sims look normal.
I :salute: you!
Test Subject
#63 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 10:03 AM
AllenABQ,

This is really a good set of templates. All the others are just too generic, also they make my custom downloaded sims look strange. Your templates make my custom downloaded sims look much better as I view them in CAS.

One question, if I may (you may) to take you on a strange journ.... oops lost it there....
Your templates do work with downtownies? Yes? I'll find out.

And thanks for all those hairy sims. Hopefully you can get a chance to make some more as you wish to do soon.

Take care and thanks,

Pcgeekri
Field Researcher
#64 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 7:20 PM
Thank you so much, these look great. I do have a question. Does this affect sims you have previously made? Will they look totally different now? Thanks for addressing this...I have some sims I have made that I tried to make look like people in my family and I wouldn't really want to lose them.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.- Maya Angelou

Avalon
Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 1:38 PM
That's Great~!
Instructor
#66 Old 2nd May 2006 at 10:35 PM
These are wonderful. I really like that you're making them look more realistic, but not trying to make them all look "beautiful".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#67 Old 4th May 2006 at 5:04 AM
Once again, folks. These templates should not affect previously made sims. If anyone can report otherwise, please post your experience and some screenshots to help us understand what happened!
Field Researcher
#68 Old 4th May 2006 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AllenABQ
These are all good questions, Ellatrue. Here are my answers based on experience so far.

1. Existing sims not affected. Children still inherit parents' features.
2. Dowloaded sims look the same.
3. & 4. Can't answer with absolute certainty, BUT the pattern seems to be that sims imported into a game retain the looks and genetics they were created with. For certain they DO NOT haul any "templates" with themselves that might alter another person's game.

If anyone notes differently from what I've said, by all means let us know.

Thank you SO very much for answering these questions! I have been afraid to download the new faces because I've requested a few sims to be made for me, and I was afraid it would mess things up. Now I am finally going to download and start having less freaky looking sims! Woohoo!!!!

Thank you for all the hard work, and some awesome faces!!

Can't. Stop. Downloading.!!!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 11:47 PM
yay!! Nor more ugly fat cheeks!!! lol
Space Pony
#70 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 5:33 AM
I have been testing these rigerously the last few days... and using this in conjunction with the Sim Boutique Clothing Rack ( http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=108057 ).

Used in conjunction with your CAS replacement faces... after creating a neighbourhood, I deleteAllCharacters and regenerate them with your new face templates, so they are already half pretty... then call them up one by one for the finishing touches with the sim surgery that the Clothing Rack provides. It's just been so much fun and WOW, the results are simply stunning!

I'm just so chuffed that I have a neighbourhood of goodlooking simmies wandering around, and I know my "offspring" will be better looking too. TY for all your hard work... I really appreciate it!!

I've actually had your faces in for a few weeks now and loved them, but to be able to finally customise everything has been just wonderful, so ty again!

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 8:08 PM
Now, this is COOL!

"What are you waiting for, a one liner!?" - Sam "Serious" Stone
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 8:53 AM
This great thank you
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 1:43 PM
Okay, this is the best of those mods. Gah, I just wish my fave neighborhood hadn't so many NPCs and stuff already :-D

As long as Maxis won't add a feature to the game that, er, "moves those CAS sliders" in the random generation, this is the best solution for a bit of variety without being to grotesque.
Instructor
#74 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 5:23 AM
I've been using your templates for some months now and remain extremely satisfied with them. It's really nice having normal looking sims in my game. No anime eyes practically on the sides of the head. The only downside is that when reading other peoples blogs now, their sims look much more abnormal. lolol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#75 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hedgekat
I've been using your templates for some months now and remain extremely satisfied with them. It's really nice having normal looking sims in my game. No anime eyes practically on the sides of the head. The only downside is that when reading other peoples blogs now, their sims look much more abnormal. lolol

Hey HedgeKat, thanks.

I've not been playing Sims 2 much lately, and I'm only just now working with a new town using ONLY my templates to start with. Thus I'll have a town where Sims based on my templates will be breeding only with each other. I'm curious to see how the children turn out. I've heard a few complaints that it still doesn't solve the problem of later generations becoming uglier, but I don't know that there's any real way around that problem. Maxian genetics being what they are, over time things just tend to break down. Still I typically only play a town to 3-5 generations before I become bored and start over again. Maybe I just don't play long enough to see the ugliness really get bad. Or maybe it's just that I'm just really selective about who has children. lol

One thing is for sure, I LIKE having townies and NPCs that aren't constant eyesores from sim day one.
Page 3 of 4