Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#6326 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Wait. Our Graham, is now the "associate producer" of 4?

he's been an "Associated Producer" in EA since june 2009 according to his linkedin. Most of sims 3 production. There's no reason for him not to be in the same job now.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#6327 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 2:56 AM
And here I thought it meant he got a promotion. So, does that still make him important to the game's development (clearly, he's important to us, but we don't really count), or is every Guru an associate producer?
Inventor
#6328 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 3:20 AM
They seriously need some more quality surveys that approach a lot of different topics, not just "Do you still like us?" "Would free Simpoints make it better?" "Are we still friends?"

The survey is not very in depth at all and is not one that is going to give a lot of information. In fact, it can give some false information. For instance, the reason why it's been over a year since I contacted EA's Customer Support was because, when I installed the first expansion pack, I was having a lot of problems. So I called them. After being on hold for 45 minutes, they walked me through a few things, asked me a couple of questions and then asked, "Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?" I answered no and was met with a quick exit speech and hung up on before I could say another word. It wasn't because I never had problems with EA products again. I had tons of them. I just didn't call their rude as hell customer support whose only goal was to get me off the phone as fast as possible, whether I was actually helped or not.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Test Subject
#6329 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 3:20 AM
"As a distraction, the game taps into the appeal of a perfect domestic existence; the ability to micromanage every aspect of a family’s collective life engages that part of our personalities that craves control, perfection. "

Amen.

I used believe in six impossible things before breakfast.
Inventor
#6330 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
To perfectly honest, I could go to sleep for five months and then come to this thread and no information, that is how I feel right now about this lack of information

I left in October. After an email in my inbox promoting Sims 4 a week or so ago, I decided to see if there was some news. The only news is that most of the gurus have been fired or quit and the game has apparently been delayed. For the game itself, nothing.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Mad Poster
#6331 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 3:35 AM
Quote:
For a game that was originally made as a satire on the suburban domestic dream of middle-America, the Sims franchise took an unfortunately capitalistic turn in its last iteration – The Sims 3 may as well have been called ‘DLC: The Game’, with so many blatantly consumerist and unashamedly branded content drops coming to form the central experience of the entire game.

OK, I'm dead!

Quote:
Well, I think the challenge for us is really in messaging [what our game can do] – there’s so much going on behind the scenes in the game engine and the life simulation that we’re driving that it can be difficult to see those subtle changes on the surface

Hmm... and

Quote:
But I think when you really get in there and start to see the gameplay, see how the Sims are interacting, how they’re moving around their home, how they’re conversing with other Sims, for players who have been with the series it becomes instantly apparent what we’ve changed and how we’re bringing them to life in much more believable ways.

Prove it to me and you might have me back. Oh and it better mean more for the babies, children, teens and elders. Not going through another series that focus on YA/Adults again. Nope, not me.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#6332 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 6:00 AM
FYI, Associate Producer is essentially the second step on the rung. First step is Assistant Producer, which I was up until I moved over to The Sims 4 team last Summer. It continues upwards a number of levels from there. All of the producers play a significant role in development on this team though; you can very much see their influence on the game from top to bottom.

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
Mad Poster
#6333 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 6:08 AM
Dealing with players like me, cynical, apprehensive and tinfoil hat wearing, card carrying conspiracy theorist you should be on the first rung. Would that be producer? Should I use the rebel influence to more appropriate uses like protest on the steps of EA for more Graham love in the company?

Anyway, thanks for coming here and answering our questions, that alone has to be hard. It's appreciated.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6334 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 8:24 AM
I felt sure we were promised some new information about TS4 coming this month? Am I misremembering?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#6335 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 9:20 AM
If there is then, its very well hidden.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
#6336 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 9:45 AM
Quote:
The way we think of sandbox – you know, this open world filled with tools that you can go in, manipulate, play with, set up scenarios exactly how you want – that’s different than how our players think of a sandbox. Really, to them, sandbox is another word for life simulation

I've been heard!! I look forward to seeing how it's implemented.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#6337 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 3:41 PM
I don't think EA gets it at all. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...scusses-future/

I don't like where this is going. http://simsvip.com/2014/02/13/multi...uencing-sims-4/

More stuff to look at. http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
#6338 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I don't think EA gets it at all. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...scusses-future/

I don't like where this is going. http://simsvip.com/2014/02/13/multi...uencing-sims-4/

More stuff to look at. http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/

Deviant an amoral players will have more fun with the game? What is wrong with EA? They aim their games at children (despite the teen calification), and then tell us being amoral is the way to go with sims 4? I'm not letting my children play it, not after I read that. An I'm warning everyone around me.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Lab Assistant
#6339 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rafe Weisz
Deviant an amoral players will have more fun with the game? What is wrong with EA? They aim their games at children (despite the teen calification), and then tell us being amoral is the way to go with sims 4? I'm not letting my children play it, not after I read that. An I'm warning everyone around me.

Are you being serious? It's not going to have murder or prostitution, deviant for a sims player basically means having a bit of fun, being a bit cruel to some sims, "deviant" and "amoral" have obviously been used in a very tongue-in-cheek way. There are mods to remove less child-friendly aspects of the game in many cases anyway.
Mad Poster
#6340 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 5:06 PM

Why do I always wind up laughing at everything you post....?
Mad Poster
#6341 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 7:46 PM Last edited by lewisb40 : 21st Feb 2014 at 8:02 PM. Reason: quoted wrong post

There are multitudes of mods in the community that make the game more dark, so maybe EA is giving more for that segment of the community. I am not a fan of Sims 4 but this gives me hope because he did also say in the article the game has more ways to attain gameplay and this is what you have been advocating in one of your threads. Don't get upset, like Carpendentum stated, there will be mods to make it less noticeable.

Yeah, they don't get it and need to take off those rose colored glasses.

Forum Resident
#6342 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 8:00 PM

TS3 is a great game, except for the bugginess and lag that EA never fixed and relied on the modding community to do the cleanup for them. And the lack of actual sandbox style play (focusing more on quests and adventures). And the lack of charm and humor in the Sims themselves.

So, basically everything we'd expect in the game.

So, except for all that, it's a great game! You go, EA!

I'm sure TS4 will be just as awesome!
Mad Poster
#6343 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
TS3 is a great game, except for the bugginess and lag that EA never fixed and relied on the modding community to do the cleanup for them. And the lack of actual sandbox style play (focusing more on quests and adventures). And the lack of charm and humor in the Sims themselves.

So, basically everything we'd expect in the game.

So, except for all that, it's a great game! You go, EA!

I'm sure TS4 will be just as awesome!

Sure do hope this is sarcasm.

Forum Resident
#6344 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 8:10 PM
*Meet Krizia Bajos, Voice Actor for The Sims 4*

Small article from simscommunity.net HERE

Right now, we know about 3 TS4 voice actors: Cia Court, Scott Whyte, and now Krizia Bajos.
Mad Poster
#6345 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
There are multitudes of mods in the community that make the game more dark, so maybe EA is giving more for that segment of the community. I am not a fan of Sims 4 but this gives me hope because he did also say in the article the game has more ways to attain gameplay and this is what you have been advocating in one of your threads. Don't get upset, like Carpendentum stated, there will be mods to make it less noticeable.

And that's not even the point. He/she seems to be under the impression that that quote means the game's gonna reach GTA levels of bad. As if ways to fuck with our sims hasn't existed since the beginning of the franchise (remember the fences of death?). The quote just meant that we have more ways to make our sims lives a living hell just as much as we do to make them happy (a choice that's always been a staple of the series). We aren't getting S&M dungeons and Saw styled torture games. This game wont be anymore or less "child friendly" than the rest.
#6346 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 8:17 PM
Ah good, she has a voice like the TS1 sims whose voices I actually liked.

Top Secret Researcher
#6347 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 8:38 PM
Hmm, it is a nice to see something which is not Sims gurus being fired left, right and centre but I will hold of judgement until I hear this in use in game.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#6348 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
And that's not even the point. He/she seems to be under the impression that that quote means the game's gonna reach GTA levels of bad. As if ways to fuck with our sims hasn't existed since the beginning of the franchise (remember the fences of death?). The quote just meant that we have more ways to make our sims lives a living hell just as much as we do to make them happy (a choice that's always been a staple of the series). We aren't getting S&M dungeons and Saw styled torture games. This game wont be anymore or less "child friendly" than the rest.

I know lil bag2, but I try to stay ambiguous in my post because Rafe likes to be rude on differing opinions.

Instructor
#6349 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 9:21 PM
I'm not finding a link to listen to her voice work for Sims.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
One Minute Ninja'd
#6350 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 11:51 PM

Actually, Rafe, I had no idea you had children of your own old enough to play the Sims. Congrats.

And to clarify, amoral is not immoral. So the lack of moral judgement, that is, neither moral or immoral, is not immoral in and of itself. Rather, it is simply not passing judgement on a given activity. So just how is that a bad influence on young, developing minds?
Locked thread
Page 254 of 817