Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6426 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
FYI, that's exactly what we mean when we discuss multitasking in The Sims 4. It is not a single interaction that's just animated differently. It is multiple independent interactions being executed simultaneously.

So there is a scenario where sims will just eat and not drink, and drink but not eat as well as the scenario where these two are combined?
If it's really multiple interactions done at one then cool.

Quote:
I'd just generally suggest keeping that in mind before over-analyzing the minutiae in these previews.

But these are all we got. Your marketing department at EA TS4 department is really frustrating people. Instead of making your customer's excited it's making them annoyed. Maybe this is how marketing works these days and I'm just too old to understand it
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#6427 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 4:32 AM
Oh I so what to be told I'm mature too! I really do!!! but ...... Why announce the game in the first place? if they are so unorganised and so far from release..... and still can't release any info........oh here comes my maturity bit..... I'm thinking hard........ got it!!!

Pre-orders! filling the gap because there is no more TS3 EPs - crafty little buggers are our EA!

using peoples money in the mean time! was that good?

whew
Mad Poster
#6428 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 999rozes
Guys at least this is not the Sailor Moon anime reboot... we waited for 2 years with no preview of the new reboot, we got new merchandise and a musical but it didn't please the fandom one bit!! Let's be a bit more patient and enjoy the things we have... finish the legacies we haven't finished, kill the sims that annoy us, build new houses for our favourite families and eat fruit.

Speaking of the reboot, did that ever get an official date yet?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6429 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I'm guessing Sims can't wet themselves while painting. It'd make a mess, but it certainly kills 2 birds with one stone.

The thing is, I made a TS1 mod that enabled sims to wet themselves while in the middle of an interaction (just like in real life) and it wasn't even hard to do. I mean you just have to make a puddle appear and the bladder motive go up and hygeine down. By TS2 I could have used an animation overlay to make it even more realistic.

To enable nested bathroom dashes in TS3 what I would have done is when an interaction gets cancelled due to motive desperation, I wouldn't simply cancel it, I'd have it push an interaction known as "green up" or similar which stores the current interaction. "Green up" launches a situation controller that monitors the sim for motive state and repushes the stored interaction. This would save the complication of actual nesting. Obviously if user cancels Green Up, then the repush to painting will also get lost.

For TS4 I can't begin to speculate how it might be implemented so I won't comment on that.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#6430 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 4:57 PM
In the amount of time it's probably gonna take for us to get some TS4 news plus the time before the game is actually released (it's 2015 now, right?), they could have given us one more TS3 expansion or stuff pack XD

((and we need one more stuff pack after that shitty movie one))
Lab Assistant
#6431 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
In the amount of time it's probably gonna take for us to get some TS4 news plus the time before the game is actually released (it's 2015 now, right?), they could have given us one more TS3 expansion or stuff pack XD

((and we need one more stuff pack after that shitty movie one))

I think it's still slated for an Autumn/Fall 2014 release, EA have pushed it back to their Fiscal Year of 2015, which I believe starts after 30th September 2014, probably 1st October 2014. Whilst my understanding is terrible I think this has been done so EA will (hope to) make a good profit in their first financial quarter of the year to report back to shareholders, not because they're focusing this time on improving the game necessarily.

Ahh, I hope this is helpful and doesn't come across like an ill-informed lecture
Lab Assistant
#6432 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 8:01 PM
Fiscal Year 2015 is 1st April 2014 - 31st March 2015.
Lab Assistant
#6433 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by evilcatapila
Fiscal Year 2015 is 1st April 2014 - 31st March 2015.

I think that's the UK Fiscal Year, the US has a different one, which EA will be using as they're an American company
Mad Poster
#6434 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 9:30 PM
According to this link from the About.com US Economy http://useconomy.about.com/od/fisca...Fiscal_Year.htm, FY 2015 is from October 1 2014 through September 30 2015.

This will give them another year to work on the game. *shrugs*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#6435 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
According to this link from the About.com US Economy http://useconomy.about.com/od/fisca...Fiscal_Year.htm, FY 2015 is from October 1 2014 through September 30 2015.

This will give them another year to work on the game. *shrugs*
According to EA's earnings releases they count the Fiscal Year as beginning in the April preceding the calendar year. So FY2015 is April 2014-March 2015. Quote "Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced preliminary financial results for its first fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2013. " and that's labled Q1 FY14. FY13 is listed as ending on March 31, 2013 ("Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced preliminary financial results for its fourth fiscal quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2013."). So, dates by evilcatapila seem correct.
Mad Poster
#6436 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 10:00 PM
OK, thanks. See why I am such a failure at economics?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#6437 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 10:34 PM
OH.. MY.. GOD... i freaking new it. I really liked what the woman with white hat was wearing. But if you look closely the hair remains the same.

"The Sims 4: “Ancient” Concept Art"
@SimGuruGraham : @SimsVIP Digging up old tweets eh? It's ancient Sims 4 concept art (so *technically* not the game); it doesn't 1:1 reflect the current game.

You can see full article from SIMSVIP, HERE

Lab Assistant
#6438 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 12:39 AM
I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but about this whole backdrop concept. I just saw this picture, and you can see down the street and houses down a ways, but in the background, where the sky meets the ground, that's what I consider the backdrop they're talking about.
Inventor
#6439 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 1:06 AM
So this is being pushed back to 2015? After being announced and allowing pre-orders for not only the game but DLC content in 2013? And the stuff we have for current promotional material isn't considered to be the look of the game anymore according to tweets? =/

I'll be honest. I want to want this game. There are some aspects that I am interested in (multi-tasking, the POTENTIAL of emotions though they don't seem exceptional right now, some of the CAS personality tweaking options, etc) but there's some other stuff that's been released so far that's a real turn off, like the suggestion of an auction house, allowing pre-orders for a game that won't be released for another year or more, the loss of CASt, rumors that it was originally supposed to be MMO instead of offline, the hair, etc. I love the Sims franchise and want to add this but at this point I've pretty much said "no thanks" until I can find a number of features that I can actually get behind.

Yeah this is pretty much the Sailor Moon reboot.
By the way, for the person asking, the new anime is supposed to be released this summer. However, it's been pushed back twice that I know of since it was supposed to release in July 2013 and also January 2014. We still have yet to see NEW promotional materials of what the new anime looks like. So far, it's only merchandise that has the old images from the 90's and classic stuff. At least the manga has new covers though?

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Instructor
#6440 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 1:24 AM Last edited by EmotedLlama : 26th Feb 2014 at 1:32 AM. Reason: TYPOS
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
So this is being pushed back to 2015?

The game seems to have originally (and not publicly) been intended for release in March, then got an official announcement for Fall. This put it into the Fiscal Year 2015. It's just different terminology and it's come back up arbitrarily; the game's release date has not been publicly changed.
Quote:
And the stuff we have for current promotional material isn't considered to be the look of the game anymore according to tweets? =/

Nope. SimsVIP messaged SimGuruGraham about old leaked stuff, which he confirmed as old Sims 4 concept art.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Instructor
#6441 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 1:42 AM
I forgot to mention the other day when the pictures were posted comparing sims from the different games. The funny thing that struck me about it was that the hair looked the best in TS2 and I wonder why they keep going backward in that direction since TS2. TS3 hair doesn't move and it's been confirmed hair will not move in TS4, and now it looks plastic on top off it all!

I cannot even say how much it made me laugh to read this from the article on destructoid.com:

"He claims that first party developers already understand what Origin is doing, but that the fans who have to use it first are the ones that "get it last," implying that one day there will be a mighty revelation and we'll see that EA was wise all along. Forgive me for being cynical about that."

I am also on the cynical side of things "EA being wise!!!!!!!"

Beside the point:

"What we're doing is innovating in areas that are unusual for gamers," he said. "The heckle was about Origin, which is our platform for social, community-based interaction with our fans, delivering games directly to their computers, allowing you to see what your friends are playing at any given time and allowing you to communicate with them."

Okay, none of my friends play games and I don't want them invading my Sims game. I know I've seen posts by others on here saying the same thing, I don't have acquaintances that play Sims. I don't play my game while online. I don't want to play my game online. I play my game to escape the rest of the world, when I don't feel well or feel overwhelmed by people requiring too much of me and my time in my real life day to day. My job is demanding, as well as some of my real life lately has been just plainly hectic. I play my game for down time away from the insanity and don't want anyone interfering with that, especially Origin. I guess I just don't "GET IT".

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#6442 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tontrin
I don't play my game while online. I don't want to play my game online. I play my game to escape the rest of the world, when I don't feel well or feel overwhelmed by people requiring too much of me and my time in my real life day to day. My job is demanding, as well as some of my real life lately has been just plainly hectic. I play my game for down time away from the insanity and don't want anyone interfering with that, especially Origin. I guess I just don't "GET IT".

WORD. Sims is the one time I step away from the internet during my day. When I'm playing Sims, I'm not checking Facebook, listening to Netflix or Youtube in the background, browsing forums, checking twitter, reading blogs, etc. I have a lot of friends who play, but I don't want my game to be involved in the internet or social media in any way, shape, or form. When I'm simming, I just want to forget that all of that exists. EA doesn't seem to realize this. Sims is an escape for me, not another tool to connect with my friends. If I want to talk about Sims with friends, I'll do it OUTSIDE of the game.

Graham, are you reading this? You're our only hope when it comes to EA actually hearing our opinions.
Forum Resident
#6443 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 3:38 AM
Am I naive to think many from the EA's team read this. I play exactly the same way, offline. The thing is that since sims 3 got online things like the exchange ( during sims 2 never went online searching for anything) a whole community grow based on that feature. which is good, what bothers me is social media crap. Please don't neglect the other part of us that is not into that. don't make it too intrusive. And origin.... well.. oh origin. here you have so much love from us... SO much love. #thenagainmaybenot
Mad Poster
#6444 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
Yeah this is pretty much the Sailor Moon reboot.
By the way, for the person asking, the new anime is supposed to be released this summer. However, it's been pushed back twice that I know of since it was supposed to release in July 2013 and also January 2014. We still have yet to see NEW promotional materials of what the new anime looks like. So far, it's only merchandise that has the old images from the 90's and classic stuff. At least the manga has new covers though?

Ah. So now I have two things to look forward to this summer. Damian Wayne's return and the new Anime. Waiting for those will be nothing compared to how long I've had to wait for TS4 news or the new HunterXHunter chapters (Simmers if you think waiting for TS4 is excruciating, try waiting over two years for a manga that normally dishes out new chapters weekly; with absolutely no word from the author as to exactly why this hiatus is happening or when it's going to end -____-)
Instructor
#6445 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tontrin
"What we're doing is innovating in areas that are unusual for gamers," he said. "The heckle was about Origin, which is our platform for social, community-based interaction with our fans, delivering games directly to their computers, allowing you to see what your friends are playing at any given time and allowing you to communicate with them."

Uh, dude, you're describing Steam. And last I checked half of the complaints I've seen about Origin is that it's forcing people to use it instead of Steam.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6446 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
Uh, dude, you're describing Steam. And last I checked half of the complaints I've seen about Origin is that it's forcing people to use it instead of Steam.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of having to install bloatware in order to 'manage my games more efficiently and be able to contact my friends.' Steam, Origin, that thing from Ubisoft (though I have officially stopped buying from Ubisoft now) and the Rockstar thing. The other day I was looking at a game from one of those casual game companies (Big Fish?) and thinking, 'well that sounds interesting, maybe I'd like to try that.' And then found that they want to install yet another game management programme. Well NO NO NO - lost sale there, well done.

Also, I don't effing care what games my 'friends' are playing.

And, if we have to have this crap, why can't we just have Steam?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
One Minute Ninja'd
#6447 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
And, if we have to have this crap, why can't we just have Steam?

Because EA doesn't own Steam, and they want the income stream and demographic data for themselves.
Forum Resident
#6448 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 4:13 PM
BLOOM. BLOOM EVERYWHERE.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#6449 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 6:56 PM
Comparing the images, everything looks like they did a slight blur effect in Photoshop for TS4. Makes me feel like I need my eyes checked. And they're bad enough as it is.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Instructor
#6450 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 7:39 PM
Yeah, I really don't mind the look of the game... aside from the bloom. THAT BLOOM. I really hope they dial it back, say, the whole dial.

Locked thread
Page 258 of 817