Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedMexi
careers.promote YourCareerName

can you give me some example?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#77 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by torrikza
can you give me some example?

careers.promote SecretAgent
Test Subject
#78 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 5:34 AM
traits.equip_trait Genius,traits.equip_trait Cheerful,traits.equip_trait Creative,and traits.equip_trait Romantic can't equip it.the other cheat traits work perfect.thanks TwistedMexi.
can you fix that command just need it^^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#79 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teddy899
traits.equip_trait Genius,traits.equip_trait Cheerful,traits.equip_trait Creative,and traits.equip_trait Romantic can't equip it.the other cheat traits work perfect.thanks TwistedMexi.
can you fix that command just need it^^

Unfortunately there's nothing to fix that. You probably have conflicting traits, for example you can't have Goofball and Genius, nor can you have Gloomy and Cheerful.

Use traits.remove_trait to remove the confliction and then try adding it.
Test Subject
#80 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:27 AM
my traits only four ^^ Self-Assured,business savvy,romantic,Genius.cannot equip cheerful-_-" confused do you think I must remove my traits?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#81 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teddy899
my traits only four ^^ Self-Assured,business savvy,romantic,Genius.cannot equip cheerful-_-" confused do you think I must remove my traits?

Probably Romantic or Self-assured are conflicting. I'd say give it a try.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:43 AM
Can anyone confirm if the cheats can add more than three basic traits? I tried, but they don't seem to be appearing past the three you select in CAS (though you can add the non-basic traits just fine)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BrilliantAzure
Can anyone confirm if the cheats can add more than three basic traits? I tried, but they don't seem to be appearing past the three you select in CAS (though you can add the non-basic traits just fine)

Nope, that's the conflict as well. Most of the traits would cancel eachother out or cause weird mood swings. So you can only pick 3 main traits then you should be able to pick all of the extras if you wish.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:03 AM
Nope, that's the conflict as well. Most of the traits would cancel eachother out or cause weird mood swings. So you can only pick 3 main traits then you should be able to pick all of the extras if you wish.

Bummer, I was hoping EA finally got wise and let us cheat in more than the basic amount of traits without messing up the game >_>

Three is just too few :-(
Test Subject
#85 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 9:25 AM
Is there any way to cheat baby gender? I keep getting girls. I just want one boy, and Ill be fine...
Field Researcher
#86 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexandria4eva20
Is there any way to cheat baby gender? I keep getting girls. I just want one boy, and Ill be fine...

I believe with cas.fulleditmode you can just change their gender once they hit child. But I don't know otherwise.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#87 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexandria4eva20

There are commands for pregnancy but they do not function without knowing some special identifiers. I'd need a sim guru to be so kind as to inform me of these before they'd work.

Currently the best method is probably as Brilliant suggests.
Test Subject
#88 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 10:11 PM
Is there a cheat that will allow you to change your sim's career branch?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#89 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moonlight Amaya
Is there a cheat that will allow you to change your sim's career branch?

Not currently, sorry.
Test Subject
#90 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:39 AM Last edited by torrikza : 8th Sep 2014 at 11:51 AM.
is the are the cheat that will unlock the career reward ? and the cheats that make sim die
Forum Resident
#91 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 12:48 PM
Does the unlockoutfits cheat actually work? I always get "Unable to execute command" when I try to use it.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jennicka741
Hi Thanks for the great info. I am having some issues doing the edit sim in cas mode cheat. Isn't that cas.fulleditmode true cheat supposed to allow us to change the body features again like weight? Or would that be something else? I put in testingcheats true and then the AutomationTestingCheats true and then cas.fulleditmode true and shift clicked on my sim and when it takes me back to CAS it doesn't allow me to change features like weight and details. Help please! I think I am doing something wrong.

Try cas.fulleditmode without "true" and it should work: for me works fine without "true" or "on".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#93 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
Does the unlockoutfits cheat actually work? I always get "Unable to execute command" when I try to use it.

You're trying to run it from a neighborhood view, you need to enter all commands from live mode.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 3:31 PM
There really needs to be a sticky with all these laid out and explained briefly. I'd hate for the info to get buried pages back
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#95 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mystarria
There really needs to be a sticky with all these laid out and explained briefly. I'd hate for the info to get buried pages back

I'm putting these all into an easy to read wiki. There's just too much info to fit it in a single post.
Test Subject
#96 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:17 PM
Default ALT key use
Quote: Originally posted by Aduah
The only cheat I am currently interested in and I cant find or dont know if it is implemented is moveobjects. Without it everything is so limited when decorating.

I think you can hold the ALT key while placing and it allow for more precise placement, but it's not near as useful as the moveobjects cheat. Maybe someone will create a mod for that!
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:42 PM
So, currently there's no way to unlock career objects?? Blah.
Forum Resident
#98 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:40 PM
You're trying to run it from a neighborhood view, you need to enter all commands from live mode.

I did try it multiple times from Live Mode, but with the same outcome. I'm quite puzzled as to what I could do to make it work.
Test Subject
#99 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Bump. Has anyone had the problem with cas.fulleditmode I describe above, where editing too many different townies/walkbys in a row results in the game switching the active household to the last townie you edited?

If anyone feels like confirming this bug, do the following:

Take your active sim to a community lot (this may not even be necessary, you may be able to use home lot walkbys).

CTRL-SHIFT-C
Enter:
testingcheats on
CTRL-SHIFT-C
Enter:
cas.fulleditmode

Then shift-click on a 'townie'/non-active-household sim, and modify in cas. Make some kind of change and accept the changes.

Try this two or three times in a row on different sims. Let me know if you suddenly realize that one of your townies is now your active household and you've lost control of the sim/household you originally loaded the game with.

I mean, I guess it doesn't matter in the big picture of the game that is TS4, where everything is kind of mutable and impermanent anyway, but I really like making over townies to my liking, so this bug caused me to shut the game down earlier today, and I have no desire to reload it.

Not having this exact issue, but I messed with my Household Relationships, and im unable to revert some back to Roommates. A Brother and Sister are engaged, Anyone know of a fix for this? Be careful what you mess with.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#100 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrapeApe
Not having this exact issue, but I messed with my Household Relationships, and im unable to revert some back to Roommates. A Brother and Sister are engaged, Anyone know of a fix for this? Be careful what you mess with.

To fix the sims taking over your house, have them invite your original family over, and shift-click them and add to family. Then kill or delete the sims you didn't want.

Use this relationshipBit to set them as roommate.
living_roommate
Page 4 of 5