Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Elsewhere -- Neighbourhood with lots

by plasticbox Posted 19th Mar 2009 at 7:52 PM - Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 4:21 AM by plasticbox

361 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 325 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 15
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 9:31 AM
Wow, that looks wonderful. Thank you very much for creating.
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 7:27 PM
liveed in little lot were the road dont go to then moved her out to the bigger lot with the smimable water the one with the boat and slide,
i am trying to go to comunity lots but nothing is happening
Test Subject
#178 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 9:36 PM
I keep getting a "403 Forbidden" when clicking on the download link of the neighbourhood file. ;_; Is there any way I can get the file?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#179 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 11:57 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 23rd Mar 2009 at 12:25 AM.
Ramika,

are you sure it's 403? Not 503? In any case, it's the weekend and servers are busy (which usually results in a 503 error, that's why I'm asking) -- I can download fine, so I believe all you need to do is wait a little and retry. (The download server is the same for everyone, so if it really was unavailable, I wouldn't be able to download either)

Quote: Originally posted by nuttytartjan
liveed in little lot were the road dont go
Really. You don't say. What a surprise.

Read before you post. In particular post #1, the lot descriptions, and the two posts *right above your first post*.

Mootilda,

thanks for the info! I'll update post #47 when I've had a chance to test this. I also only have 0.72 at the moment, so it may be a while.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 12:20 AM
You are so talented, plasticbox! I just checked this cute hood out in game, it's so perfect! Thanks for creating such wonderful things!
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 4:20 AM Last edited by nuttytartjan : 23rd Mar 2009 at 2:17 PM.
sorryyyyy i went back and read all the lot descriptions the lot i was living in was the house on hammerhead cliff but i still couldnot walk to lot and i do have all expantions, please can you help ?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#182 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 2:30 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 23rd Mar 2009 at 2:59 PM.
Quote:
the lot i was living in was the house on hammerhead cliff but i still couldnot walk to lot and i do have all expantions, please can you help ?
I can't help you with your BV issues, no. I don't have BV, and this is not a BV help thread.

Several other people have said that it does work for them, so I take it the problem is not with the lot.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
#183 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 5:04 PM
Thank you so much! I'm in love with this hood. Totally amazing, totally creative! Every lots have beautiful landscapes. And it fires the imagination. It blows me away! Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 8:03 PM
lol thanx
transmogrified
retired moderator
#185 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 10:00 PM
I rather desperately wanted Elsewhere as a subhood for my current longstanding game, so I followed the principles of SaraMK's neighborhood merging tutorial at MATY to fool the game into thinking Elsewhere was the default OFB subhood. Obviously, this will only work for users who haven't already attached and never plan on attaching Bluewater Village (or the default downtown, for NL users) to their main 'hood. The major drawback is that if plasticbox creates an even more amazing neighborhood in six months, I couldn't use the same method to attach this hypothetical future hood as a shopping district. But I get to expand my Sims into Elsewhere right now, and isn't now all that matters?
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 12:36 AM

I'm going to redownload... but none of the lotys are showing up =''''''(

I have all EPS
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 3:05 AM
Thank you so much! I love this neighborhood - it's the best ever!!

I hope that someday you plan to add
* Downtown area
* Vacation area

But THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm completely in love with this neighborhood!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#188 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I believe that your problem is that the lot description actually has two separate copies of the lot number and you need to change both, plus rename the lot.

The first field, as I believe that you've already seen, is the resource instance number, which you can change in the Resource view. The second field is named "Instance" in the plugin view.

I've tested this (with a full base neighbourhood this time, so I had to rename some of the lots) and for me it works. There is no need to fiddle with the default templates if all you want is attach an uninhabited hood like this one -- the terrain and lots are all that matter.

I've updated post #47 accordingly. Thanks for the feedback!

Lab Assistant
#189 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 1:50 AM
Excellent. So, you did this with the beta of 0.73, correct?

I've lost my marbles, please do not contact me if you find them.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#190 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 1:51 AM
With 0.73.43.somethingorother, yes. (I've noted the exact version in post #47)

Test Subject
#191 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 9:52 AM
This is really phenomenal. Im impressed. Just wanted to tell you that. Thanks for all the time and effort and attention to detail that you put into this set. Wow.
Test Subject
#192 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 11:07 AM
No wonder you are one of my favourite creators Plasticbox, this neighbourhood is awesome!
Scholar
#193 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 11:44 PM
This neighborhood is awesome, I really like the way the houses are right next to each other. and the roadless houses are phenomenal.
Field Researcher
#194 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 8:37 PM
I wanted to report a potential problem with 2-4 South Beach for those with AL. I converted it to an apartment house. The two end apartments can be played just fine. However, the middle apartment will not allow any furniture to be placed or the limited building options to be used on the second floor. Sims can use what is there (esp. if you rent with the cheat to rent furnished.) It only became a problem when I needed to use the "move on" cheat when the bed became "stuck" for a second Sim. Just wanted to let people know want I found.
Test Subject
#195 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 6:54 PM
I adore this neighborhood. Not only is it a beautiful land area but is also filled with houses that have so much character. Thank you, Plasticbox for making my favorite neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 7:33 PM
FYI. I do have most everything in my game except AL & Pets. The hood just does not work well in my game. Also the lots are way to small for my tastes, but it still is a pretty hood.

Looking on the Bright Side of Life!
Test Subject
#197 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 2:21 AM
Interesting; I installed the neighborhood and moved in a family into Lot 1 (the senior citizens house) and it crashed halfway through the loading screen. Not sure if it was just that lot, but I am going to do some investigating in this thread before booting up the game again.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#198 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 2:25 AM
vikitty,

please check with no custom content first of all; also remove all catalogue mods (i.e. not only what's in your downloads folder). Apart from the OSX-perpendicular-walls issue (that can't affect this lot, since it has no perpendicular walls), all crashes so far were CC issues. Plus one user who apparently broke a lot when converting it into an apartment.

Let me know if you still crash with no CC and the original lot – otherwise, there's a link in post 1 for how to sort out broken CC. Good luck!

Silvenight1,

what do you mean by "does not work well"? Is this an actual problem report or is it just not your taste? If there's anything you want me to look into, I would need more details than just "does not work". =)

Test Subject
#199 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 2:33 AM
Thanks, plasticbox! It takes a LONG time to boot up my game, LOL, hopefully this will fix it!
Lab Assistant
#200 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 4:15 AM
This is a gorgeous hood. Of course I saw it and realized it's perfect for an Innsmouth hood. Pondering now what to do for Deep Ones to contaminate the population.

Quote:
You can be me when I'm gone...
Page 8 of 15